ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's philosophy for next year....

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
125 Ayala
133 transfer
141 Block

That's it. Iowa's philosophy is only lightweights matter.

Buy 10 scoring wrestlers. They truly love their guys.
They are over there plugging in an all star team of potential transfers. They literally have 8 weights where they are talking about transfers.

Which is what happens when you can't recruit.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
  1. Notice all the holes in the program
  2. foster the sense of entitlement that they can select all the top AAs from all other small schools and assume they will all come to Iowa.
It's a rite of passage for them now: Every March, wait for the tournament to end, and whoever you like or finished on the podium, they immediately go to "Go get Nasir Bailey" or "Go get Keckeisen" and on and on ..

It’s easy to cherry pick posters who have no clue what they are talking about. Those guys probably think Gable is coming out of retirement to coach next year.
You better not be looking at me pal... Or it will be a bridge meeting.

Reactions: ikS
It’s easy to cherry pick posters who have no clue what they are talking about. Those guys probably think Gable is coming out of retirement to coach next year.
Not to mention all the clowns that come out just for the national tournament and have no clue what teams do through the year lmfao. Of course every board seems to have them

They still claim transfers will get better once they enter the Iowa room. I'm not seeing it.

I'd think they wouldn't need so many transfers if the Brands were doing such a good job developing the kids he has..

1. Notice all the holes in the program
  2. foster the sense of entitlement that they can select all the top AAs from all other small schools and assume they will all come to Iowa.
It’s a wish list. Like saying what you’ll spend your money on when you win the lottery. It will never happen. It’s also our way of recognizing good young wrestlers and giving them credit. Hopeful excitement for the future. No need to be a prick about it. We’re fans after all, and not many of us enjoy losing.

Congrats on your teams success. Why be a jerk about winning?

It’s a wish list. Like saying what you’ll spend your money on when you win the lottery. It will never happen. It’s also our way of recognizing good young wrestlers and giving them credit. Hopeful excitement for the future. No need to be a prick about it. We’re fans after all, and not many of us enjoy losing.

Congrats on your teams success. Why be a jerk about winning?
Your problem is your philosophy and your getting 2nd and third place trophies until that changes.

Your problem is your philosophy and your getting 2nd and third place trophies until that changes.
It’s not my philosophy, im not coaching these guys. If you’ve read any of my post this weekend on that other forum you would know with certainty that I see major flaws with how Iowa wrestles and more specifically finishes takedowns.

For example their ability to leg pass is atrocious and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a guy score from the waterfall position.

If by philosophy you mean recruits are better than transfers, then I’d offer up a no shit as a reply. But if you can’t do one, you best do the other. If Iowa does bring in any transfers, they better know how to scramble, because at this point I’m not sure the Iowa coaches can help them.

It’s not my philosophy, im not coaching these guys. If you’ve read any of my post this weekend on that other forum you would know with certainty that I see major flaws with how Iowa wrestles and more specifically finishes takedowns.

For example their ability to leg pass is atrocious and I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a guy score from the waterfall position.

If by philosophy you mean recruits are better than transfers, then I’d offer up a no shit as a reply. But if you can’t do one, you best do the other. If Iowa does bring in any transfers, they better know how to scramble, because at this point I’m not sure the Iowa coaches can help them.

Don’t respond to that guy above, he’s a notorious troll.

Well said.

Iowa is a floundering program on the decline. In the next couple years, Ohio State will be the Lions closest rival; however I expect the Bucks to continue to set deadlift PRs but struggle in the down position.

Iowa is a floundering program on the decline. In the next couple years, Ohio State will be the Lions closest rival; however I expect the Bucks to continue to set deadlift PRs but struggle in the down position.
Tell me you blindly hate Iowa without telling me you blindly hate Iowa. They will be in the mix with everyone else, just not close to Penn St.

Tell me you blindly hate Iowa without telling me you blindly hate Iowa. They will be in the mix with everyone else, just not close to Penn St.

I don't "hate Iowa" at least the way you mean it. I posted here about my respect for Woods after he visited that kid in the hospital. Gable made me interested in wrestling decades ago and I have relatives in Iowa, one of whom sent me a picture of the scoreboard after the loss at CHA in 2020.

That said, I get tired of seeing their wrestlers look like MASH unit escapees, especially Kemmerer, who by all accounts is a decent human being, but is now done with wrestling and hoping his shoulders aren't arthritic in five years. Other than Ayala, the rest of the team exhibited the usual March swoon, and my guess is this pattern is because the psychotic squirrels running the show run them into the ground. It's like the Brands brothers really believe "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

Then there's the whole Ferrari circus. Tell me why Glazier, who was second fiddle to Warner all those years should have ever worried about being displaced by a guy that's been in court more than on the mat in the last couple years. Who gave him the singlet to pose in? Ok, it's possible that was stolen, but somebody had to give him the keys to the weight room so he can engage in his curious blend of ego lifting and sanctimony.

I think Ryan's got a team on the ascent.

I don't "hate Iowa" at least the way you mean it. I posted here about my respect for Woods after he visited that kid in the hospital. Gable made me interested in wrestling decades ago and I have relatives in Iowa, one of whom sent me a picture of the scoreboard after the loss at CHA in 2020.

That said, I get tired of seeing their wrestlers look like MASH unit escapees, especially Kemmerer, who by all accounts is a decent human being, but is now done with wrestling and hoping his shoulders aren't arthritic in five years. Other than Ayala, the rest of the team exhibited the usual March swoon, and my guess is this pattern is because the psychotic squirrels running the show run them into the ground. It's like the Brands brothers really believe "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".

Then there's the whole Ferrari circus. Tell me why Glazier, who was second fiddle to Warner all those years should have ever worried about being displaced by a guy that's been in court more than on the mat in the last couple years. Who gave him the singlet to pose in? Ok, it's possible that was stolen, but somebody had to give him the keys to the weight room so he can engage in his curious blend of ego lifting and sanctimony.

I think Ryan's got a team on the ascent.
That which doesn't kill you, probably puts you in the hospital ICU.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT