ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa should win but will they?

Iowa is a hellhole. Worst state in the union, hands down.

I know I just said I ignore the super troll comments, but I'm curious to know where in Iowa you were at which was such a hellhole? There are some bad spots in every state for sure, Iowa too, but it is far from the "worst state in the union" LOL.

I did a quick google search for "quality of life rankings by state" so I'm not stacking the deck in any way, this is what popped up:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/quality-of-life-by-state/

Iowa is in the top 10, Penn is down the list a bit ;-)

Last edited:
You guys had a pretty bad 12 year run or so against us.

We always chalked the Lions up as a W.

Now it’s a 50/50 game if we’ll beat you each time we match up.

We were better than Mich but found a way to lose. We’re better than P St but we’ll see if we find a way to lose this game as well.
You are nuckin' futz, but then someone has to be.

Just FYI that was some pretty amazing Iowa teams. In retrospect, no wonder they beat PSU, it's a wonder they lost to anybody. Clayborn, Binns, Klug -- basically an entire D-line of NFL players, one of them a future all-Pro. Micah Hyde in the secondary. Shonn Greene who was the best back in the B1G at the time. A whole host of future NFL O-linemen. And really good receivers including Johnson-Koulianos and Marvin McNutt. It wasn't at all fluky that Iowa won those games. Clayborn by himself was pretty much a wrecking ball for offenses just as he is today in the NFL.

Iowa's talent level dipped a little by 2012, and that's when PSU could lay the wood to the Hawks in Iowa City.

This Iowa team I suspect is better than that 2012 team but not at the level of 2008 or 2009.

Please, Penn State was ranked #3 in 2008 and #5 in 2009 when we beat you guys, not exactly down years. Those are the only years I looked at.

Last edited:
Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
Lol, all joking around aside, we all know that Pennsylvania is arguably the crappiest state to live in.

Iowa is a waaaaay better place to live.

Ok, now back to the good natured ribbing!

I spent a couple of years in PA and IA for grad school and work. Iowa blows chunks in ways that PA never could.

QUOTE="ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK, post: 4379368, member: 73078"]
[/QUOTE]

But do they match up? Isn't that the question? Doesn't sound like the Iowa fans in this thread have seen PSU play this year. Tonight maybe they'll be surprised like the Maryland fans, who also thought they would match up with PSU. Anyway I'm looking forward to it. PSU is young but I think they're ready for this kind of game.

I know I just said I ignore the super troll comments, but I'm curious to know where in Iowa you were at which was such a hellhole? There are some bad spots in every state for sure, Iowa too, but it is far from the "worst state in the union" LOL.

I did a quick google search for "quality of life rankings by state" so I'm not stacking the deck in any way, this is what popped up:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/quality-of-life-by-state/

Iowa is in the top 10, Penn is down the list a bit ;-)

Iowa blows. I’m in and through there two times every year. I find the people arrogant and it smells like pig crap. Worst state in the union. I don’t really care about a “quality of life rank”. Pig crap scented arrogance automatically puts it at the bottom of the list for me.

After taking numerous beatings from us you guys have turned the tide recently & won the last few.

Iowa should’ve won the last 2 meetings but found a way to lose.

I’m curious on what you guys think your chances are this year in Kinnick Stadium?
Seriously.... the best team won the last 2 games. While I grant you PSU won 2 years ago on the last play but they should have won by 20. Barkley ran up and the down the field all game long...check the stats

Iowa blows. I’m in and through there two times every year. I find the people arrogant and it smells like pig crap. Worst state in the union. I don’t really care about a “quality of life rank”. Pig crap scented arrogance automatically puts it at the bottom of the list for me.

Ok, you don't like the smell. Fair enough, LOL, that is someone's lively hood your sticking your nose up at. Maybe you're a vegetarian so the pig and beef farmers of the heartland don't affect your daily life. If not, next time you bite into that tasty pork tenderloin or some beef brisket know that the people that provided it smell that stinch everyday so you can enjoy it. Typical ungrateful city boy ...

Ok, you don't like the smell. Fair enough, LOL, that is someone's lively hood your sticking your nose up at. Maybe you're a vegetarian so the pig and beef farmers of the heartland don't affect your daily life. If not, next time you bite into that tasty pork tenderloin or some beef brisket know that the people that provided it smell that stinch everyday so you can enjoy it. Typical ungrateful city boy ...
Correct, I’m a city boy from a pretty lively hood.
You’re an idiot.

After taking numerous beatings from us you guys have turned the tide recently & won the last few.

Iowa should’ve won the last 2 meetings but found a way to lose.

I’m curious on what you guys think your chances are this year in Kinnick Stadium?
Iowa is a slow team. Tough at home. Penn State was the better team. If the game had been played here, it wouldn't have been very competitive. Your QB is a pick waiting to happen.

Iowa should win but will they?

th

You guys had a pretty bad 12 year run or so against us.

We always chalked the Lions up as a W.

We were better than Mich but found a way to lose. We’re better than P St but we’ll see if we find a way to lose this game as well.
There is too much of a disparity in talent level for Iowa to overcome.

Yeah, but one of us has a legit shot at being #1...and it ain’t Iowa.

Nice win.
But I doubt you're getting by OSU.
You just beat the slowest 2 star recruits by 5 points.

So, yeah. Two 2nd place division teams talking smack is totally lolz.

Nice win.
But I doubt you're getting by OSU.
You just beat the slowest 2 star recruits by 5 points.

So, yeah. Two 2nd place division teams talking smack is totally lolz.

Eh, those 2* slow pokes thumped Ohio State two seasons ago.

Ah, the corn of course.
Great.
Yes we grow corn. You got us. Somehow that's a burn.

The more I think about it, Iowa might be 3rd in the West after the Goofers go to 6-0.

Hence my whole point -
Two teams who won't be anywhere near Indy come the end of the season.
Good luck in your Jan bowl game. I'll be rooting for you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT