ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa should win but will they?

Much respect to Coach Ferentz...as I’ve posted before, with the exception of Wisconsin and maybe sparty, nobody coaches a system to do more with less talent. That said, if both teams play to their potential, State wins this one by 3 or more scores. Iowa took advantage of Penn State’s down years with a nice run of wins, but it won’t have the luxury of getting anywhere close to a 50/50 split going forward. There just isn’t enough talent out in the heartland to compete with the athletes Penn State is recruiting.
Please, Penn State was ranked #3 in 2008 and #5 in 2009 when we beat you guys, not exactly down years. Those are the only years I looked at.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
After taking numerous beatings from us you guys have turned the tide recently & won the last few.

Iowa should’ve won the last 2 meetings but found a way to lose.

I’m curious on what you guys think your chances are this year in Kinnick Stadium?

92-FEAEF9-A5-C2-4-DE2-962-D-3-DE77-DFA1129.gif

Reactions: klive and 81b&w
Please, Penn State was ranked #3 in 2008 and #5 in 2009 when we beat you guys, not exactly down years. Those are the only years I looked at.

Gee, how about when PSU beat Chuck Long's #5 ranked and undefeated Iowa team in the early 1980's - remember that one Einstein???? Do tell why PSU has a winning record all-time (16-12) or since 1971 (16-11 - 1st, and only meeting prior to 1971, was in 1930) if Iowa has been as dominanting as you claim? Why don't you take your lame bullshit, Hee-Haw routine back to your God-forsaken Iowa pig-farm slackjaw? Good Lord you idiotic douches are insufferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnat91 and ram2020
Gee, how about when PSU beat Chuck Ling's #1 ranked and undefeated Iowa team in the early 1980's - remember that one Einstein???? Do tell why PSU has a winning record all-time (16-12) or since 1971 (16-11 - 1st, and only meeting prior to 1971, was in 1930) if Iowa has been as dominanting as you claim? Why don't you take your lame bullshit, Hee-Haw routine back to your God-forsaken Iowa pig-farm slackjaw? Good Lord you idiotic douches are insufferable.

I'm not sure why you're being so nice this year, you feeling comfortable with this team?

The Preppie has his game face on already !!!
The OP better hope his Hawkeyes show up to play or Bushie will be all over his a$$ during the game.
Two point:
— Gotta hand it to the OP. His team scored a who 3 points in against the only competitive team it has played all season and he writes as if it has won more NCs than Pitt.
— Bushie, honest to gawd, it’s nice to have you back. Haven’t seen “shizhole” in a post in a long, long time.
PSU 24-10

Reactions: green2623
Those were overrated Penn State teams - far from any of our best years. They had a few great players but as a whole, the recruiting classes that comprised those rosters consisted of talent levels far below what we’re accumulating these days.

Reactions: massimoManca II
After taking numerous beatings from us you guys have turned the tide recently & won the last few.

I’m curious on what you guys think your chances are this year in Kinnick Stadium?

You're about to lose your sixth straight.That is not the last few unless your using Iowa math. We ripped out your "esophagus" on the last play of the game the last time at Kinnick. This time we will be making Iowa wear a dress as our defensive ends DP your quarterback in front of the home crowd. Enjoy!

Nothing wrong with a little mild trolling, but let's be serious. After that craptastic performance against a flawed Michigan team, do you really think you guys have a chance to win tomorrow? I think you are overvaluing the benefit of home field advantage. Even at Kinnick. Love the cancer kids thing, though.

I flew over Iowa once. It looked flat. Stop giving this nice man a hard time.

Last edited:

Dogfight

Iowa should win today? I looked at hawkeyesports.com to see what sport you were talking about because it couldn't be football. You must be talking women's swimming at the SMU Classic?

Literally everyone was saying Iowa had no offense in 2017, and I mean EVERYONE, and a week later Iowa put up 55 on Ohio State. Iowa’s WRs are the most athletic group in 17 years, and if Stanley can throw it to em, Iowa will score.

Both Ferentzes will adjust mightily after that performance in Ann Arbor. Are people really thinking they’ll roll out the same scheme as last week?
When has either Ferentz shown an ability to make adjustments?

I’m not seeing the confidence in you guys this year.

Maybe we do finally finish you guys off at the end instead of giving the game away to you like the last 2 seasons.

The reason for the confidence is fairly simple. The Iowa offense is fairly anemic and the PSU defense is pretty strong. Expect a long night on O for the Hawkeyes and a lot of short fields for PSU.

Literally everyone was saying Iowa had no offense in 2017, and I mean EVERYONE, and a week later Iowa put up 55 on Ohio State. Iowa’s WRs are the most athletic group in 17 years, and if Stanley can throw it to em, Iowa will score.

Both Ferentzes will adjust mightily after that performance in Ann Arbor. Are people really thinking they’ll roll out the same scheme as last week?

will they be rolling out the same players?

"Last couple"..... Iowa "shoulda", could'a, would'a... LMFAO, what a typical b1g shizhole loser.

Care to explain why PSU leads the all-time series 15-11 since 1972 if they're so fortunate to ever beat the mighty little Squack-eyes? Again LMFAO
Yep. It's like us, should have beaten Ohio State and Michigan State the last 2 years, yet somehow we found a way to lost.

What you shoulda done doesn't matter, its what you did that does.

The reason for the confidence is fairly simple. The Iowa offense is fairly anemic and the PSU defense is pretty strong. Expect a long night on O for the Hawkeyes and a lot of short fields for PSU.
This....I am cautiously optimistic on tonite's game, and that optimism is mostly due to my confidence in the defense.

Nobody wants to live in Pennsylvania. They just have to for one reason or the other.

If that isn’t your state motto, it should be.
This is all part of the Iowa inferiority complex. You know it sucks to be you, but your best defense is statements like this. You're our bastard little brother, as opposed to our legitimate little brother, Pitt. You are literally the little red-haired stepchild to us.

Y’all won’t score more than 13!!

34-13 lions

Bye-Bye!!!!

This is all part of the Iowa inferiority complex. You know it sucks to be you, but your best defense is statements like this. You're our bastard little brother, as opposed to our legitimate little brother, Pitt. You are literally the little red-haired stepchild to us.
I’m not sure what level of loneliness, low self esteem, and lack of any type of life drives a person to an opponent’s board to talk smack right after scoring 3 points in their previous game. I guess there’s nothing better to do in Iowa.

You guys had a pretty bad 12 year run or so against us.

We always chalked the Lions up as a W.

Now it’s a 50/50 game if we’ll beat you each time we match up.

We were better than Mich but found a way to lose. We’re better than P St but we’ll see if we find a way to lose this game as well.

How can you be better if you find a way to lose? Pure loser nonsense.

I’m not sure what level of loneliness, low self esteem, and lack of any type of life drives a person to an opponent’s board to talk smack right after scoring 3 points in their previous game. I guess there’s nothing better to do in Iowa.

it’s somewhat refreshing tbh. Next time we score 3 points in a game it’ll be more likely we have fans on suicide watch than talking smack.

it’s somewhat refreshing tbh. Next time we score 3 points in a game it’ll be more likely we have fans on suicide watch than talking smack.
True... the only smack talking our fans would be doing would be about us.

What a bizarre thread.

Neither the OP, nor anybody else in here, has any control over what these teams do, which is why smack talk among fans in general strikes me as odd when it becomes so personal. But even if we assume that smack talk is harmless fun (which it usually is), the idea of an IOWA fan coming to a Penn State board to talk smack after putting up 3 points in a loss the week before is truly bizarre.

Iowa stands a decent chance of winning, in my view. The FPI gives them a 33% chance -- which is about 33 percentage points higher than their chance of ever winning a national title or becoming a top-10 program. But why would a fan of a team like that come to ANY board -- much less a board of a team that has won 5 straight against Iowa and is far ahead of Iowa as a program -- to talk smack in such a juvenile, limp dicked manner?

I actually feel sorry for Mr. Rocky Mountain. Life must be fairly dry these days if this is what he resorts to.

Wait, do some of you actually think Penn is an ok place to live?! Lol

Now, I don’t even want to talk about the fball game anymore.

You guys do know that you could move to Iowa & have a much better life! There’s no law against that. As far as I’m aware.

The state of Iowa can’t reject Pennsylvanians from moving there & send them back east to their original craphole, can they?!?!

You guys do know that you could move to Iowa & have a much better life! There’s no law against that. As far as I’m aware.

The state of Iowa can’t reject Pennsylvanians from moving there & send them back east to their original craphole, can they?!?!
Iowa is nationally known as a shitty place to leave. Now you can put your head back in the sand.

I wish I could like all of my posts in this thread.

Can somebody do it for me?

Yes, a pimply faced kid posting. Waste of time.

Iowa? Are we talking Iowa?

All the beauty of Nebraska with the charm of Missouri.

Yes, a pimply faced kid posting. Waste of time.

Iowa? Are we talking Iowa?

All the beauty of Nebraska with the charm of Missouri.
Similar to Ohio & West Virginia having a baby & naming it Pennsylvania.

Yuck, could you even imagine how ugly that baby would be?!

And the lack of teeth, my God the lack of teeth!

Not a fan of how Rocky started the thread, but I guess if people are into the juvenile smack talk, jump in and have at it, some enjoy it I guess.

I think some of the other threads at least had some good football discussion. I just ignore the super trolling comments.

Iowa is a great place to grow up and live! Lots of places across this great country are, not sure why we are talking about that on a CFB Saturday ;-). Go Hawks!

Not a fan of how Rocky started the thread, but I guess if people are into the juvenile smack talk, jump in and have at it, some enjoy it I guess.

I think some of the other threads at least had some good football discussion. I just ignore the super trolling comments.

Iowa is a great place to grow up and live! Lots of places across this great country are, not sure why we are talking about that on a CFB Saturday ;-). Go Hawks!

Iowa is a hellhole. Worst state in the union, hands down.

Well, since it has joined the Big Ten PSU has won 10 times and Iowa 9. PSU has won the last five in a row and Iowa couldn’t beat PSU during the years when its roster was depleted by the NCAA sanctions, so I don’t know from where you are getting “numerous beatings” (well, actually I do, and it rhymes with sass). You did win 8 out of 10 during the 2000’s, which included the weakest period in PSU’s history (2000-2004). However, now that PSU is firing on all cylinders again, I suspect PSU will win at least 75% of the time. Have a nice day.

ADVERTISEMENT