ADVERTISEMENT

In Iowa desperation news…

Believe it or not some time ago vodka's one man assault on nearly every thread here spouting the same take is why I created an account here--solely so I could put him on ignore. These days he likes many of my posts on GIA.

Like I felt here about vodka then, I think GIA posters will think one is a PSU troll whenever one posts the same or a largely similar take multiple times on multiple threads. That, or dogpiling the same or similar take as previously made by a PSU poster will get one labeled a PSU troll.
Yep, they're odd people.

Believe it or not some time ago vodka's one man assault on nearly every thread here spouting the same take is why I created an account here--solely so I could put him on ignore. These days he likes many of my posts on GIA.

Like I felt here about vodka then, I think GIA posters will think one is a PSU troll whenever one posts the same or a largely similar take multiple times on multiple threads. That, or dogpiling the same or similar take as previously made by a PSU poster will get one labeled a PSU troll.
In their defense I will like to over explain an anecdote on purpose. It's like a slow burn but I can stay within the rules.

But my kid story about the jobs? Totally true. We talked two hours tonight over it. Funny thing, this guy working an aerospace company. Wants to talk to mom and dad about the ins and outs of his job choice. Because he values our opinion.

But agreeing with other Iowa posters about the Ferraris means you're a troll. So I guess tomorrow I should go in there and talk about a two hour conversation and throw in how my daughter is having a baby tonight or tomorrow. Yes, mom and I will be grandparents sometime soon, first one.

Stay within the rules, keep in your lane and drive at 55 and a 55 mile an hour zone. Reiterate, with some other Hawkeye poster say, stay at 55, maybe even put your turn signal on for about 5-10 miles after you passed one exit.

Good times.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I will like to over explain an anecdote on purpose. It's like a slow burn but I can stay within the rules.
I get your shtick. And I like that you explain it to me. Tells me you can stay in character.
So I guess tomorrow I should go in there and talk about a two hour conversation and throw in how my daughter is having a baby tonight or tomorrow.
I'll be looking forward to it.
Good times.
You're too much. 😆

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I guess tomorrow I should go in there and talk about a two hour conversation and throw in how my daughter is having a baby tonight or tomorrow. Yes, mom and I will be grandparents sometime soon, first one.

Stay within the rules, keep in your lane and drive at 55 and a 55 mile an hour zone. Reiterate, with some other Hawkeye poster say, stay at 55, maybe even put your turn signal on for about 5-10 miles after you passed one exit.

Good times.
Wrestle with the pigs, get covered in crap, they love it.

I hope TnT shut this Bob guy up on the internet, though. I'm not saying I want them to beat PSU or whatever, but I think pretty highly of the Brands and more than one athlete on that squad. I'm probably not buying a black and gold shirt anytime soon, but the program isn't 1 donor.

But he should probably zip it now. He likely won't, and he has that right, but he probably should.

Reactions: jack66
I hope TnT shut this Bob guy up on the internet, though. I'm not saying I want them to beat PSU or whatever, but I think pretty highly of the Brands and more than one athlete on that squad. I'm probably not buying a black and gold shirt anytime soon, but the program isn't 1 donor.

But he should probably zip it now. He likely won't, and he has that right, but he probably should.

This Bnicolls dude is clearly on an ego trip. He wants to be seen as the guy who saved Iowa wrestling.

If Brands doesn't get ahead of this and rein his crap in, he will run the program into the ground.

This Bnicolls dude is clearly on an ego trip. He wants to be seen as the guy who saved Iowa wrestling.

If Brands doesn't get ahead of this and rein his crap in, he will run the program into the ground.
speaking episode 14 GIF

Screwing around online is fun, but if I was the biggest booster, Penn State had, I would avoid this place like it was herpes.

No offense, but I would rather just write checks. If I decided to join in the fun here, I probably pick a screen name like bourbon n blues and talk a lot about silly stuff, kind of like I do now, but without the millions of dollars.

I am thinking of ordering two T-shirts from the NLWC though. So I have that to look forward to.

I get your shtick. And I like that you explain it to me. Tells me you can stay in character.

I'll be looking forward to it.

You're too much. 😆

Some of my best work right here. But seriously if we hung out, I'm the kind of guy that loves to listen to, and tell stories. My father-in-law was like that, he passed away six years ago, and was a wonderful man, a retired Methodist minister.

He had one of those voices that was both commanding and easy to listen to. I could have a good old time talking about a whole bunch of stuff with a whole bunch of people as long as we have adequate liquid, refreshments and food. It's what many of my friends do together .

Last edited:
Screwing around online is fun, but if I was the biggest booster, Penn State had, I would avoid this place like it was herpes.

No offense, but I would rather just write checks. If I decided to join in the fun here, I probably pick a screen name like bourbon n blues and talk a lot about silly stuff, kind of like I do now, but without the millions of dollars.

I am thinking of ordering two T-shirts from the NLWC though. So I have that to look forward to.
Has Ira ever posted anything. no, he knows better. Those Newton Braves are wicked smart

I mean, are we sure Nicolls isn’t actually a double agent and he (not @PatMineo22 ) is the actual “paid hater” of the Iowa program. I mean, he’s doing his best to drag that program in the dirt lately.
I already came to that conclusion yesterday...

There are a couple of those sweatshirts I like, plus the hat.

In what? They sure as hell lack the talent and coaching to win any wrestling titles on some sort of semi-regular manner. Well, except the soldier salute tournament. I think they got that one, as long as TnT don't reach out to Cael and invite PSU.

They may want to renege on ISU's invite. Just in case.

Reactions: danoftw
Bro, I made that!
Post in thread 'Why - Winning #11* - is great....'
https://pennstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-winning-11-is-great.174854/post-6338498

Wow, I genuflect in your greatness! This may indeed be your magnum opus.
Now it's in two places and it deserves two places.
Did anyone nominate it for POY, yet?
If not, I hereby nominate.
@backdrft76

And, of course, @amattaro , this begs for a 2nd version that focuses on the offseason to date.

Angelo down to VT, Iowa, Rutgers and it seems like Iowa is a foregone conclusion but I did find it interesting he said he would go 184 for Iowa but ideally would go 174 (which is what he would do for Rutgers/VT) His style definitely is very predicated on strength and size advantage.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT