ADVERTISEMENT

I think we should replace Franklin, but OSU game was far from a good reason.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Michigan game was terrible.

OSU game the team was ready, played hard. Other guy just better.

Only criticism I have is the pass on the field goal. Bad analytics.

Reactions: MacNit07
Michigan game was terrible.

OSU game the team was ready, played hard. Other guy just better.

Only criticism I have is the pass on the field goal. Bad analytics.
Franklin not trying a FG ranks pretty far down the list of reasons why they lost IMO. At the time, I thought it was a lousy idea and the play call choice may have been worse. However, after watching Pinegar "miss" twice from a similar distance but get bailed out by penalties, who knows (seems like I always hold my breath whenever he sets up for a FG). Interestingly and almost certainly because of what he saw from Pinegar, Franklin goes for the first down on 4th and short and for the TD on 4th and goal from the 1 immediately thereafter to put the team up 21-16. OSU certainly has more talent but that's why it's imperative when playing teams like that not to lose the turnover battle 4-0.

Reactions: ezmule
Franklin not trying a FG ranks pretty far down the list of reasons why they lost IMO. At the time, I thought it was a lousy idea and the play call choice may have been worse. However, after watching Pinegar "miss" twice from a similar distance but get bailed out by penalties, who knows (seems like I always hold my breath whenever he sets up for a FG). Interestingly and almost certainly because of what he saw from Pinegar, Franklin goes for the first down on 4th and short and for the TD on 4th and goal from the 1 immediately thereafter to put the team up 21-16. OSU certainly has more talent but that's why it's imperative when playing teams like that not to lose the turnover battle 4-0.
Not trying the FG is not in the top three reasons they lost.

But it is indicative of why I think Franklin should be replaced - he simply is not that smart.

Reactions: KCLion and MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT