ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we get to play you guys again

Sort of. Campbell hit Clifford and then PSU kicked the FG to go 17-3. Then Iowa took the ball on the next drive and scored. Technically, it was 17-3 when he got hurt, but it was definitively 17-10 before Roberson had any impact on the game.

There can be no doubt that the injury substantially changed the course of this game. I will not, and would never, argue that point.….but because he went out when he did, we’ll never know if Phil Parker would have found an adjustment to slow what had been a solid PSU passing attack.

But the score was 17-10 when Roberson first went into the game.
Exactly

I guess you just lost to a joke of a football team then. Does that mean you would get stomped by Ohio State aswell? Or would Clifford be the difference in that game aswell?

Indeed we did. And yes we would, if we lost Clifford. Do you think you just proved a point? Your team won’t beat any of the good teams if they’re healthy. I’ve seen some good Iowa teams, that wasn’t one. That was a very mediocre team, and the season will show that eventually.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Why? You guys suck. Not afraid of psu, at all.
There may not be a larger collection of trash than you and your collective fanbase. Your academic institution is a joke. Hell, a nuclear weapon could detonate in Iowa and the rest of the world wouldn't know for a month. Iowa is insignificant for all but one month every 4 years.

Indeed we did. And yes we would, if we lost Clifford. Do you think you just proved a point? Your team won’t beat any of the good teams if they’re healthy. I’ve seen some good Iowa teams, that wasn’t one. That was a very mediocre team, and the season will show that eventually.

Like I said Iowa could lose every remaining game on their schedule. I've watched them for 30+ years. I know all about how it feels to watch them lose games I thought they would win. I am just thankful where they reside right now.

You guys keep trying to make me feel bad about my Hawkeyes. I don't. I'm happy for them and what they have accomplished so far this season "mediocre" or otherwise. I hope they find a way to grind out more wins. Purdue has won 3 out of 4 against Iowa. Next week will be another battle.

Like I said Iowa could lose every remaining game on their schedule. I've watched them for 30+ years. I know all about how it feels to watch them lose games I thought they would win. I am just thankful where they reside right now.

You guys keep trying to make me feel bad about my Hawkeyes. I don't. I'm happy for them and what they have accomplished so far this season "mediocre" or otherwise. I hope they find a way to grind out more wins. Purdue has won 3 out of 4 against Iowa. Next week will be another battle.

I don’t think you should feel bad about Iowa. I think you should feel bad about being here and maybe the fact that over half your stadium booed injured kids.

Reactions: wbcincy
I don’t think you should feel bad about Iowa. I think you should feel bad about being here and maybe the fact that over half your stadium booed injured kids.
You just plain want me to feel bad. I can't help you there.

Of course it was a big deal. I understand football very well after watching it for 30+ years. I simply stated that losing Clifford is one of several reasons for the loss. You can't turn the ball over 4 times on the road and expect to win. Back up QB or starting QB.
No shit, Sherlock. Your brilliance is astounding.

Yeah, you’re here for such innocent reasons. Yawn.

There may not be a larger collection of trash than you and your collective fanbase. Your academic institution is a joke. Hell, a nuclear weapon could detonate in Iowa and the rest of the world wouldn't know for a month. Iowa is insignificant for all but one month every 4 years.

You mad bro? You seem mad. Lol.

Are you looking for validation?

OK…

Gee…that Iowa was the best damn football team I’ve ever seen. Man, were they impressive! And their fans…ALL CLASS!!!
No sir, not looking for validation of anything. Just enjoying my Saturday night watching and talking all things football.

Come get all your dip shits off our board and maybe we will leave yours. Deal?

I’m not on your board and have never gone to an opponents board after a victory to talk shit (and we’ve had plenty more opportunities to do it than Iowa fans over the years).

Any psu fans who do are losers for doing it, just like you’re losers for being here at 1 am.

I’m not on your board and have never gone to an opponents board after a victory to talk shit (and we’ve had plenty more opportunities to do it than Iowa fans over the years).

Any psu fans who do are losers for doing it, just like you’re losers for being here at 1 am.

You sure about that? Lol.

Lots of your loser fans on our board after a loss. Thank god we won.

You sure about that? Lol.

Lots of your loser fans on our board after a loss. Thank god we won.

Sure about Penn State having more victories to celebrate than Iowa over the years? Yes.

I just agreed anyone there is a loser. Like you are for being here. Do you want a ****ing cookie or something? No other fan base comes to this board seeking validation before, during and after games like Iowa fans.

Sure about Penn State having more victories to celebrate than Iowa over the years? Yes.

I just agreed anyone there is a loser. Like you are for being here. Do you want a ****ing cookie or something? No other fan base comes to this board seeking validation before, during and after games like Iowa fans.

Could not give a rats ass about your validation. Don’t care. All the shit talking your fans have done on our board before, during and after the game……. Deal with it.

Alwaysfunny to listen to the babies crying when opposing teams visit their board. Especially when your fan base has been all ver ours. Shut up you baby.

Could not give a rats ass about your validation. Don’t care. All the shit talking your fans have done on our board before, during and after the game……. Deal with it.

Alwaysfunny to listen to the babies crying when opposing teams visit their board. Especially when your fan base has been all ver ours. Shut up you baby.

Hahahaha. You sound insecure big guy. Come back after you win the big ten and tell us about it. You sound like you’re 12.

😘

Says the guy throwing tissy fit over opposing fans visiting their board. Cry baby.

No fit. Just calling a spade a spade. Cry more about the psu fans upsetting you on your board here. Please air out your grievances.

This lose honestly doesn't matter to PSU not one bit. With a win in Iowa and a loss to OSU, PSU is not making BIG champ game. With a lose to Iowa and wins against the rest they get a rematch. With a healthy qb PSU should be at least 8-12 point favorite on neutral ground seeing how Iowa offense is putrid. Not sure how Vegas didn't see how Iowa's offense is down right awful considering they were favored. Their run game stats where actually worse then PSU coming in to this game.

This lose honestly doesn't matter to PSU not one bit. With a win in Iowa and a loss to OSU, PSU is not making BIG champ game. With a lose to Iowa and wins against the rest they get a rematch. With a healthy qb PSU should be at least 8-12 point favorite on neutral ground seeing how Iowa offense is putrid. Not sure how Vegas didn't see how Iowa's offense is down right awful considering they were favored. Their run game stats where actually worse then PSU coming in to this game.

We aren’t beating OSU in the shoe so 2 losses will be it for us. Finishing with 1 loss was more important than winning the division. Osu showed that in 2016. Oh well.

Well Iowa hasn't allowed their last 28 opponents to score over 25 points in a game(a record) So I am going to respectfully agree to disagree.
PSU only needed 7 more with Clifford in. Can you do that math?

Iowa would have lost if not for the Clifford injury. PSU was on a pace for 50+ points and 600 yards of offense before the injury.
17 points and 194 yards in the first quarter.

too bad, injuries are part of the game. Well, except in Iowa, where injuries should be booed.
When does the injury report come out? You guys will be decimated.

It comes down to this… Iowa fans do not know how to graciously accept a gift and move on.
Depends on how you look at it... PSU fans do not know how to graciously accept a loss and move on. See how that works?

Like I said, congrats on winning the first quarter. One player didn't cause your entire team of prized recruits to lose the game to the lowly corn fed Iowa Boys.

Poor coaching, lack of a running game, Turnovers, bad penalties ect were also major contributing factors. Clifford being out isn't the stand alone reason you lost.
Clearly you are dumber then anyone here could imagine....if your backup qb can't throw, your team becomes one dimensional. Even an average defense can stop them. After the 1st qtr it's plain to see Iowa defense is average at best

I want no part of Mich St, Mich, or Oh St.

You guys did play good though & had a strong start.

Even though Clifford got hurt, Franklin really coached you guys into a loss the 2nd half.

Anyway, here’s to a rematch in Indy!
If Clifford doesn’t get hurt it is a run away win for psu. Even with 2 picks we were up 17-3. Clifford moving the ball at will. You should hope you don’t see us again soon especially on a neutral field.

enjoy the win. Get by Wisconsin and Nebraska at their fields first.

You know you have low expectations as a fan base when you pound your chest beating a team with their back up at home. I mean they even stormed the field. Half of our fans would think we should drop in the polls if the roles were reversed.
And missing our by far the best DT.

You guys are certainly capable of beating us if we completely fall apart.

I’m not acting like you guys are a gimme win if we meet again in Indy.
You were very fortunate to win this game at home....if Clifford doesn't get hurt, Penn State wins easily. Petros is a game manager at best. Jones and Goodson is your entire offense. Be happy you aren't in the same division as Penn State.. you would be 7-4 or 6-5 in most years.

I'm not sure what you want me to say. You won the first quarter fair and square. Congrats. You don't have anything to say about 28 opponents in a row at 25 pts or less? You just want to focus on 1 quarter of 1 game you lost?
I have something to say about it. Your defense looked like dogsh*t and is going to get boat raced against OSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT