ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we get to play you guys again

The last two turnovers and most of the penalties were directly caused by the backup QB. Losing your QB is different than losing players at other positions. We lost our best DT and the defense still played well. If you don’t realize that, then you know less football than I thought you did. Congrats, your team is better than ours with our backup QB. Enjoy the win.
I am enjoying the win. Thanks.

I am also trying to be reasonable with you. You are focused strictly on the backup QB situation. There is a lot more to the loss than that. Where did your running game go for instance? That's not the Penn State backfield I expected to see this year

Reactions: mattymoknows
We will never know because it didn't happen. Keep clinging to the "What might have beens" all you want. Doesn't change the very real outcome of the game.

I just don't get how so many say you would have just steamed rolled Iowa had he stayed in. He looked good forsure but you just can't say with certainty what "would've" happend.

What was the score when he left? 17-10 or about to be? He had 0 passing tds(1 rush td) and 2 ints.
He appeared "human" at times, no?
We feel that way because it took you guys into the 4th quarter to finally pull ahead and that was with us having a backup QB in there playing absolutely horribly. Had we had our starter in there, even if he didn’t score many more points, we’re quite confident he would have improved field position for us which would have resulted in your team scoring less points. It’s basic football. You played on a 50 yard field the whole second half and still eked out a win in the end. Make it a 100 yard field and chances are you don’t eke out a win.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Christ you Iowa fans are ***** (C/U/N/T/S). Beating your chests over a really shitty showing for 4 quarters that made your teams ceiling of a big ten west championship and not much more brutally apparent.

Go back to booing injured kids, calling strangers pedophiles and fellating Chris Doyle on your own board.

Congrats on squeaking one out against a severely handicapped opponent. Osu beats us by 40 with Roberson under center.

I am enjoying the win. Thanks.

I am also trying to be reasonable with you. You are focused strictly on the backup QB situation. There is a lot more to the loss than that. Where did your running game go for instance? That's not the Penn State backfield I expected to see this year
We haven’t had a running game all year and we still beat Wiscy and Auburn. When you have a pass oriented offense, with a dynamic OC and a strong QB, you can get away with a weaker running game. When you have a backup who can’t pass, it’s a little harder. The backup QB situation changed the entire game. Our usual backup transferred to Kentucky, leaving us with a third stringer….not too many teams can beat a good team with a third string qB with no experience. That’s more than just losing a player to injury. Our biggest weapon is having the best receiver in college football, but if the QB can’t get him the ball, it’s not much of a weapon.

Reactions: Shadow99
I am being honest. Clifford had 0 TD passes(1 rushing TD) and 2 int. He had the wind with him in the first quarter. Why do you guys keep going with the "What if he didn't get injured" mantra? You and I will never know what "would" have happend if he stayed in. Phil Parker is one of the best DB coaches in the game and is great at making adjustments at halftime. Keep clinging to that first quarter!
Woulda, coulda, shoulda..

While we are being honest, I tell you what your team shouldn't have done. Throw 4 interceptions and have 8 false start penalties. That would have helped your cause. I assure you.
It was 17-3.

Are you dense?

I want no part of Mich St, Mich, or Oh St.

You guys did play good though & had a strong start.

Even though Clifford got hurt, Franklin really coached you guys into a loss the 2nd half.

Anyway, here’s to a rematch in Indy!
You really don’t hope we play again. Your team loses by 3-4 scores at home without our injuries. in Indy it would be a blood bath.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
We haven’t had a running game all year and we still beat Wiscy and Auburn. When you have a pass oriented offense, with a dynamic OC and a strong QB, you can get away with a weaker running game. When you have a backup who can’t pass, it’s a little harder. The backup QB situation changed the entire game. Our usual backup transferred to Kentucky, leaving us with a third stringer….not too many teams can beat a good team with a third string qB with no experience. That’s more than just losing a player to injury. Our biggest weapon is having the best receiver in college football, but if the QB can’t get him the ball, it’s not much of a weapon.
You are trying to explain chess to fans they play checkers. They simply don’t understand football and think losing Clifford wasn’t a big deal.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
You are trying to explain chess to fans they play checkers. They simply don’t understand football and think losing Clifford wasn’t a big deal.
They can’t even play tic tac toe.

Of course it was a big deal. I understand football very well after watching it for 30+ years. I simply stated that losing Clifford is one of several reasons for the loss. You can't turn the ball over 4 times on the road and expect to win. Back up QB or starting QB.

Of course it was a big deal. I understand football very well after watching it for 30+ years. I simply stated that losing Clifford is one of several reasons for the loss. You can't turn the ball over 4 times on the road and expect to win. Back up QB or starting QB.

Considering you scored 3 points off the first 2 turnovers it’s highly likely that’s what would have happened.

But even with all those things. You won by 3. Have fun winning the big ten west and not much more. Odds are you won’t get that many breaks in Indy, if you make it.

Iowa’s offense sucks. Not mediocre. Not average. It’s bad. If for some reason only known to god himself they would play in some game of consequence, they would be annihilated. It’s boring, bad offense. They should count their lucky stars that Clifford got hurt. MY and Clifford feast on defenses in the second half. Why? Because MY knows what to draw up after seeing how the opposing defense reacts to a certain formation or play. That’s why he is on the field and not in the box. He wants to hear what the offense is seeing. After watching that shit show of a game, does any real cfb fan doubt that MY wouldn’t have put up 21 or more points in the second half?

Considering you scored 3 points off the first 2 turnovers it’s highly likely that’s what would have happened.

But even with all those things. You won by 3. Have fun winning the big ten west and not much more. Odds are you won’t get that many breaks in Indy, if you make it.
Iowa could very well lose every remaining game on the schedule. Who knows? I sure don't. I am greatful the team I cheer for is 6-0 and ranked in the top 3 at this point. I take it one day at a time.

Iowa could very well lose every remaining game on the schedule. Who knows? I sure don't. I am greatful the team I cheer for is 6-0 and ranked in the top 3 at this point. I take it one day at a time.

Because it’s not where you start it’s where you finish? Unless you’re Iowa. Because you haven’t won anything since 04, and even that was only the result of ducking osu. Go be grateful (that’s how you spell it) on your own board, you’re a prick.

While we are being honest, I tell you what your team shouldn't have done. Throw 4 interceptions and have 8 false start penalties. That would have helped your cause. I assure you.
All that plus a half against a QB who’s only taken a handful of snaps in his career, and you won by 3

When’s the parade?

Sort of. Campbell hit Clifford and then PSU kicked the FG to go 17-3. Then Iowa took the ball on the next drive and scored. Technically, it was 17-3 when he got hurt, but it was definitively 17-10 before Roberson had any impact on the game.

There can be no doubt that the injury substantially changed the course of this game. I will not, and would never, argue that point.….but because he went out when he did, we’ll never know if Phil Parker would have found an adjustment to slow what had been a solid PSU passing attack.

But the score was 17-10 when Roberson first went into the game.

Sort of. Campbell hit Clifford and then PSU kicked the FG to go 17-3. Then Iowa took the ball on the next drive and scored. Technically, it was 17-3 when he got hurt, but it was definitively 17-10 before Roberson had any impact on the game.

There can be no doubt that the injury substantially changed the course of this game. I will not, and would never, argue that point.….but because he went out when he did, we’ll never know if Phil Parker would have found an adjustment to slow what had been a solid PSU passing attack.

Clifford went into the locker room with the score 17-3. The impact on his teammates was had at 17-3

Because it’s not where you start it’s where you finish? Unless you’re Iowa. Because you haven’t won anything since 04, and even that was only the result of ducking osu. Go be grateful (that’s how you spell it) on your own board, you’re a prick.
Alrighty then. I feel could say the nicest thing possible and I still would get called a prick. That's says more about you than me. I'm not sure what to tell you.

Clifford went into the locker room with the score 17-3. The impact on his teammates was had at 17-3
So Iowa only scored that TD because Clifford was hurt. My point was that PSU “playing without the QB” didn’t happen until 17-10.

I actually remember seeing him going to the locker room late. Can’t remember specifically if Iowa had scored yet, but they were already driving. I was surprised to see him going to the locker room at that point, I would have thought he’d have gone earlier in the drive.

Alrighty then. I feel could say the nicest thing possible and I still would get called a prick by you. That's says more about you than me. I'm not sure what to tell you.

Your fan base boos injured kids and calls strangers pedophiles. Says a lot about Iowa.

It’s Saturday night after a big win and you’re talking trash on an opponents message board like a loser. Go get laid, have a drink, spend time with friends. The fact that you’re here at all says a lot about you.

Alrighty then. I feel could say the nicest thing possible and I still would get called a prick. That's says more about you than me. I'm not sure what to tell you.

You came here to be an a-hole and you know it. Your backhanded comments show that. You really think you would've won if Clifford stayed healthy? You know your team isn't actually good and you'll get stomped by Ohio State in the big ten title. Just like every big ten west team ends up proving their a joke annually.

Your fan base boos injured kids and calls strangers pedophiles. Says a lot about Iowa.

It’s Saturday night after a big win and you’re talking trash on an opponents message board like a loser. Go get laid, have a drink, spend time with friends.
It says a lot about Iowa or just some of it's fans? Do you have any fans that poorly represent your fanbase ever?

Im not talking trash. I am trying to have a reasonable chat on a message board for my Saturday night entertainment.

I did get some from the wife today, I don't drink anymore and my friend I am hanging out with is my sick toddler laying next to me on the couch. No place else I would rather be.

It says a lot about Iowa or just some of it's fans? Do you have any fans that poorly represent your fanbase ever?

Im not talking trash. I am trying to have a reasonable chat on a message board for my Saturday night entertainment.

I did get some from the wife today, I don't drink anymore and my friend I am hanging out with is my sick toddler laying next to me on the couch. No place else I would rather be.

Large portions of our stadium don’t boo injured visiting players like yours does. Shameful display.

You can drop the midwest nice shtick. Iowa has a board. Go there.

You came here to be an a-hole and you know it. Your backhanded comments show that. You really think you would've won if Clifford stayed healthy? You know your team isn't actually good and you'll get stomped by Ohio State in the big ten title. Just like every big ten west team ends up proving their a joke annually.
I guess you just lost to a joke of a football team then. Does that mean you would get stomped by Ohio State aswell? Or would Clifford be the difference in that game aswell?

I am being honest. Clifford had 0 TD passes(1 rushing TD) and 2 int. He had the wind with him in the first quarter. Why do you guys keep going with the "What if he didn't get injured" mantra? You and I will never know what "would" have happend if he stayed in. Phil Parker is one of the best DB coaches in the game and is great at making adjustments at halftime. Keep clinging to that first quarter!
Woulda, coulda, shoulda..

Thanks for the late night humor. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: WildTurk
Large portions of our stadium don’t boo injured visiting players like yours does. Shameful display.

You can drop the midwest nice shtick. Iowa has a board. Go there.
I will go where I please. I haven't broken any rules. Who says I'm nice? I having sober fun

We’ll never know indeed, but we’re all pretty sure where this game was headed. Iowa fans know it or else they wouldn’t be so defensive in their posts. Phil Parker wasn’t going to adjust his team out of what was happening. This wasn’t a scheme problem. State simply had better players until they didn’t.

Congrats to the Hawkeyes…a highly opportunistic, but otherwise underwhelming team.

If Nick Suriano returns, we’ll be wrapping up the NC by Friday night.
I fully expect Nick to be at PSU 2nd semester. Should be a good battle to the wire in that case for the team trophy. As long as everyone stays healthy that is. One injury could throw either team off the top

I do hope that Clifford is back very soon and that you guys roll the rest of the East. That defense is really fantastic and played a hell of a game today with absolutely no offensive support in the last, what, 2.5 quarters?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT