ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we get to play you guys again

I want no part of Mich St, Mich, or Oh St.

You guys did play good though & had a strong start.

Even though Clifford got hurt, Franklin really coached you guys into a loss the 2nd half.

Anyway, here’s to a rematch in Indy!
Iowa would have lost if not for the Clifford injury. PSU was on a pace for 50+ points and 600 yards of offense before the injury.
17 points and 194 yards in the first quarter.

too bad, injuries are part of the game. Well, except in Iowa, where injuries should be booed.

We know you want no part of UM, Ohio State, or Michigan State- just like you didnt for every year sice 18whateverthefug except that one time in 1985 and that one other year.

Reactions: PSU87
Iowa would have lost if not for the Clifford injury. PSU was on a pace for 50+ points and 600 yards of offense before the injury.
17 points and 194 yards in the first quarter.

too bad, injuries are part of the game. Well, except in Iowa, where injuries should be booed.
50+ points and 600 yards of offense? Good god man. Keep drinking

You guys are certainly capable of beating us if we completely fall apart.

I’m not acting like you guys are a gimme win if we meet again in Indy.
If you play your best, we still beat you with our starting QB. You do realize you were losing when Clifford got hurt, right?

Reactions: blmr31
If you play your best, we still beat you with our starting QB. You do realize you were losing when Clifford got hurt, right?
He’s trolling you. Anyone worth talking to could see this game was a blowout until Clifford went down. Nobody else respond to the thread this should be the last post.

It says on pace, not that PSU would have reached it. Reading is fundamental.

We racked up a bunch in the first quarter and we’re a better second half team, so yeah, it was possible.
Well Iowa hasn't allowed their last 28 opponents to score over 25 points in a game(a record) So I am going to respectfully agree to disagree.

You guys are certainly capable of beating us if we completely fall apart.

I’m not acting like you guys are a gimme win if we meet again in Indy.

Iff yinz get by Nebraska and Wisconsin and win the #WackWest, thank the Laird there's a CCG to keep yall from repping the B10. The greatest Iowa team since that team that was down 70-0 at halftime vs Stanford 🤣🤣🤣

Well Iowa hasn't allowed their last 28 opponents to score over 25 points in a game(a record) So I am going to respectfully agree to disagree.
Did any of those opponents have almost 200 yards of offense and 17 points in the first quarter? I don't care enough to look but figured you'd know off the top of your head. I'll respectfully guess none of them did.

How many of those opponents scored 17 in just a little longer than the first quarter? And how many of those 28 opponents were ranked in the top 4?

Reactions: Shadow99
Did any of those opponents have almost 200 yards of offense and 17 points in the first quarter? I don't care enough to look but figured you'd know off the top of your head. I'll respectfully guess none of them did.
28 opponents in a row to 25 points or less. Congrats on winning the first quarter

Reactions: hawkeyes27
I want no part of Mich St, Mich, or Oh St.

You guys did play good though & had a strong start.

Even though Clifford got hurt, Franklin really coached you guys into a loss the 2nd half.

Anyway, here’s to a rematch in Indy!

If we get the chance with Clifford we will kill you. Not play a competitive game, we will annihilate you.

• Haha
Reactions: mattymoknows
Be honest for us then.
17 points in the first 15 minutes. Do you truly feel your defense would have held a Clifford led Penn State to 10 points the last three quarters of the game?

OL
I am being honest. Clifford had 0 TD passes(1 rushing TD) and 2 int. He had the wind with him in the first quarter. Why do you guys keep going with the "What if he didn't get injured" mantra? You and I will never know what "would" have happend if he stayed in. Phil Parker is one of the best DB coaches in the game and is great at making adjustments at halftime. Keep clinging to that first quarter!
Woulda, coulda, shoulda..

While we are being honest, I tell you what your team shouldn't have done. Throw 4 interceptions and have 8 false start penalties. That would have helped your cause. I assure you.

I am being honest. Clifford had 0 TD passes(1 rushing TD) and 2 int. He had the wind with him in the first quarter. Why do you guys keep going with the "What if he didn't get injured" mantra? You and I will never know what "would" have happend if he stayed in. Phil Parker is one of the best DB coaches in the game and is great at making adjustments at halftime. Keep clinging to that first quarter!

While we are being honest, I tell you what your team shouldn't have done. Throw 4 interceptions and have 8 false start penalties. That would have helped your cause. I assure you.
So he wouldn’t have had the wind with him in any other quarter? At least be realistic.

Reactions: psu2016

Good points. Most PSU passing plays are called based on whether the wind is at their backs or not. Genius insight.

eye roll...

Reactions: Grass
He has no answer. I’m surprised he isn’t just booing
I'm not sure what you want me to say. You won the first quarter fair and square. Congrats. You don't have anything to say about 28 opponents in a row at 25 pts or less? You just want to focus on 1 quarter of 1 game you lost?

So he wouldn’t have had the wind with him in any other quarter? At least be realistic.
I am being 100% realistic. He would have had the wind for 50% of the game. Fact. What else do you got?

I'm not sure what you want me to say. You won the first quarter fair and square. Congrats. You don't have anything to say about 28 opponents in a row at 25 pts or less? You just want to focus on 1 quarter of 1 game you lost?
Isn’t it weird we won the quarter our starting QB was in the game and then didn’t after he got hurt. Isn’t that strange? Must have been Iowa’s great defensive adjustments that made the difference.

• Haha
I am being 100% realistic. He would have had the wind for 50% of the game. Fact. What else do you got?
I’ve got the fact that we rolls up a bunch of yards and points when our starting QB was in and then we didn’t when he left the game. Not sure what would have changed had he stayed in the game.

You know you have low expectations as a fan base when you pound your chest beating a team with their back up at home. I mean they even stormed the field. Half of our fans would think we should drop in the polls if the roles were reversed.

• Haha
He’s trolling you. Anyone worth talking to could see this game was a blowout until Clifford went down. Nobody else respond to the thread this should be the last post.
Blowout? The score was 17-10 when Roberson came into the game.

Isn’t it weird we won the quarter our starting QB was in the game and then didn’t after he got hurt. Isn’t that strange? Must have been Iowa’s great defensive adjustments that made the difference.
Like I said, congrats on winning the first quarter. One player didn't cause your entire team of prized recruits to lose the game to the lowly corn fed Iowa Boys.

Poor coaching, lack of a running game, Turnovers, bad penalties ect were also major contributing factors. Clifford being out isn't the stand alone reason you lost.

Against ranked teams, 4 Ws and 4Ls included in the record setting Iowa 28 game streak of holding opponents under 25 points. What do I say about that? Eh; plus no games in that vaunted streak against what was clearly the best team in the B1G during that period, Ohio State. Congrats on the W today, cannot deny the final score.

el oh ****ing el. Watching you clowns wallow in your tears is awesome. Keep it up.

Like I said, congrats on winning the first quarter. One player didn't cause your entire team of prized recruits to lose the game to the lowly corn fed Iowa Boys.

Poor coaching, lack of a running game, Turnovers, bad penalties ect were also major contributing factors. Clifford being out isn't the stand alone reason you lost.
The last two turnovers and most of the penalties were directly caused by the backup QB. Losing your QB is different than losing players at other positions. We lost our best DT and the defense still played well. If you don’t realize that, then you know less football than I thought you did. Congrats, your team is better than ours with our backup QB. Enjoy the win.

I’ve got the fact that we rolls up a bunch of yards and points when our starting QB was in and then we didn’t when he left the game. Not sure what would have changed had he stayed in the game.
We will never know because it didn't happen. Keep clinging to the "What might have beens" all you want. Doesn't change the very real outcome of the game.

I just don't get how so many say you would have just steamed rolled Iowa had he stayed in. He looked good forsure but you just can't say with certainty what "would've" happend.

What was the score when he left? 17-10 or about to be? He had 0 passing tds(1 rush td) and 2 ints.
He appeared "human" at times, no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT