ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sickened by what I witnessed tonight

Saw a post on here wondering why the vitriol from Iowa, as we are not traditional rivals. I've got the answer: we took their only dominance away from them, their vaunted wrestling team and they no longer have their binky to suck on.
2021 NCAA Champs and 24 time winners.You?

Saw a post on here wondering why the vitriol from Iowa, as we are not traditional rivals. I've got the answer: we took their only dominance away from them, their vaunted wrestling team and they no longer have their binky to suck on.
Just to add some perspective - Iowa is 10-7 against PSU this century and 11-11 since you joined the Big 10. We've finished in the top ten team 5 times this century - and PSU has 6 times. We've both finished in the top 25 a total of 9 times this century.

Just adding some context and facts to the discussion. I get it that schools don't respect our accomplishments - that's fine. We actually enjoy the underdog role. Being from a small, midwestern state we understand the natural disadvantages we have and enjoy the success more than most when they happen.

Good luck the rest of the year - hope you win out! (unless you play us again of course)

Last edited:
2021 NCAA Champs and 24 time winners.You?
You evidently have some reading comprehension issues, this is my explanation for your fanbases vitriol, nothing more. We are well aware of your accomplishments in wrestling history, but your fanbase has turned into a bunch of asshats since Sanderson came to Penn State...and that is a FACT.

Even the announcer was calling out PSU for the injuries. You guys can call Iowa fans low class for booing, just like we can call Penn State low class for faking the injuries.

Just to add some perspective - Iowa is 10-7 against PSU this century and 11-11 since you joined the Big 10. We've finished in the top ten team 5 times this century - and PSU has 6 times. We've both finished in the top 25 a total of 9 times this century.

Just adding some context and facts to the discussion. I get it that schools don't respect our accomplishments - that's fine. We actually enjoy the underdog role. Being from a small, midwestern state we understand the natural disadvantages we have and enjoy the success more than most when they happen.

Good luck the rest of the year - hope you win out! (unless you play us again of course)
OK post and all. But, "enjoying success" is one thing, but Iowa fans conducting themselves like idiots is quite another. And, the faking injuries claim is absolute BS.

In all fairness to the Iowa trolls, Penn State players were so good at faking injuries that they either spent most of the game on the sidelines on crutches or in street clothes.

And how many times would you finish in the top 10 or top 25 if you had to play in the East division? Or if you had near death penalty sanctions? Yeah, that’s what I thought

How many coaching changes and NCAA attacks, 60 mil. fines and ostracizations have Iowa endured, this century (all of 20 years). Why the underdog in the West div., Iowa is an odds on favorite in this weak division yearly. Wrestling, the times are changing and the trend, this century is of a new dominant force not based in Iowa for a change.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT