ADVERTISEMENT

How would PSU fans feel about OSU's McCord transferring to PSU and Allar then committing to OSU ? Keep in mind, McCord is from Philly.

wolve1972

Sep 3, 2018
There's some talk of it on the OSU boards. Probably a good situation for both as McCord would be transferring in with a year's experience and has really looked good when he's played this year

Why is that scenario a good one for Allar?
What if Ewers transferred to PSU and Allar committed to OSU? Any reason that wouldn't be a good situation for both?

Reactions: SaquonCappelletti
McCord is going to be a really good one. Just not at Ohio State. Stroud is QB1 for this year and next, and then it's Mullet Time in Columbus. Really crappy timing for McCord.

But I always assumed he'd be transferring to Rutgers, not PSU.

Why is that scenario a good one for Allar?
What if Ewers transferred to PSU and Allar committed to OSU? Any reason that wouldn't be a good situation for both?
Because that is one less in front of Allar at OSU and McCord - ORIGINALLY FROM PA - would transfer in with a year's of CF experience which would help PSU if Clifford doesn't return. It was brought up because both - Allar and McCord - would get to play for their home state flagship schools

There's some talk of it on the OSU boards. Probably a good situation for both as McCord would be transferring in with a year's experience and has really looked good when he's played this year
Saw an interview with Allars family and they fell in love with PSU on their visit. Parents said they discussed it while Drew sleeping on the way home and they agreed that they were sold if he wanted to go there. He woke up the next morning and told them he wanted to go to PSU and they were ecstatic. So there’s that.

McCord is going to be a really good one. Just not at Ohio State. Stroud is QB1 for this year and next, and then it's Mullet Time in Columbus. Really crappy timing for McCord.

But I always assumed he'd be transferring to Rutgers, not PSU.
Why Rutgers ? Did Franklin recruit McCord hard in HS ?

Getting greedy Bucknut1972? Do you want all of the top QBs on your roster?

I don’t recall McCord having much interest in PSU. Could probably transfer a number of places, maybe follow CJF to LSU

Because that is one less in front of Allar at OSU and McCord - ORIGINALLY FROM PA - would transfer in with a year's of CF experience which would help PSU if Clifford doesn't return. It was brought up because both - Allar and McCord - would get to play for their home state flagship schools
The fact McCord is from PA doesn't mean much. As noted above, the more likely scenario is him transferring to Rutgers. I believe I read his father played at Rutgers so the kid was likely indoctrinated at a young age to hate Penn State.

This is not Fantasy football, where you change lineups every week or when you choose.

Go troll somewhere else.

McCord is not from PA, he’s from NJ.

No.....if we lose Allar it won't be to OSU. He sees that it is Stroud, then Ewers, and then maybe him.......

I don't care if JayPa is the Head Coach...>Allar has to see the quickest way to the field is at Penn State.

No.....if we lose Allar it won't be to OSU. He sees that it is Stroud, then Ewers, and then maybe him.......

I don't care if JayPa is the Head Coach...>Allar has to see the quickest way to the field is at Penn State.
Allar is going where Yurcich is the QB coach

Reactions: NittanyChris
Tell me you are a Buckeye without telling me you are a Buckeye...
I've been posting on this board under a different handle for almost 15 years. If it tells you anything, I'm actually banned from posting on Eleven Warriors. But it sure is fun to watch posters go batchit crazy over just simple remarks - questions - ON ALL SITES. And seriously, McCord for Allar is not flaming as that kid battled Stroud for the starting job and has looked really, really good when he's played. McCord was also a Composite 5-star. In fact, McCord was the B1G freshman of the week the one time he played when Stroud was out with injury.

I've been posting on this board under a different handle for almost 15 years. If it tells you anything, I'm actually banned from posting on Eleven Warriors. But it sure is fun to watch posters go batchit crazy over just simple remarks - questions - ON ALL SITES. And seriously, McCord for Allar is not flaming as that kid battled Stroud for the starting job and has looked really, really good when he's played. McCord was also a Composite 5-star. In fact, McCord was the B1G freshman of the week the one time he played when Stroud was out with injury.
I'll be the "Judge" of that????

Allar is going where Yurcich is the QB coach
and that won't be Ohio State.

Since message boards are full of what if's...what if Ruhle comes back and brings Joe Brady with him or even Joe Brady gets the job.....would Allar stay then? I think he would.

Reactions: MacNit07
At this point McCord if he believes in his ability should still feel confident about winning the starting job after Stroud. If he learned anything this year it would be that the fans reactions and wants mean little versus Coach Day.

The person who may feel it’s worth looking elsewhere is Miller. Another talented QB but has been passed by McCord.

Are we just going to push that magic button that allows us to get any recruit we want no matter who the coach is? If Franklin leaves, Allar leaves.

The fact McCord is from PA doesn't mean much. As noted above, the more likely scenario is him transferring to Rutgers. I believe I read his father played at Rutgers so the kid was likely indoctrinated at a young age to hate Penn State.

Yep. He grew up a Rutgers fan, his father played at Rutgers, and he'd almost certainly be their QB1 the moment he stepped foot on campus.

Plus, Rutgers is starting to get a few quality recruits. Nothing on PSU's level, but Schiano is building a solid team that will go to bowl games most years, I'd bet. Rutgers makes really good sense for him if he decides to transfer.

It's definitely not something any PSU fan has ever thought of.

Maybe I'm limited in thought, but it reads like a Buckeye fantasy.

If Fields didn't attempt to return here, why would McCord, who never had any interest in coming here?

Why would Allar want to be a Buckeye now? They done asked. He done said no.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Much like there are certain Penn State fans who just want Franklin gone, there are certain Ohio State fans who just can’t fathom losing a five star in-state QB to Penn State. They’ll dream up any scenario to make it happen. Unfortunately it won’t happen for either.

Screw. Him. He had his chance and went elsewhere. Don’t wanna be the back up date for the prom. He don’t love us then he can go pound salt.

So you are a long time board member here and just use this handle to stir up shit? On ignore you go.........

So you are a long time board member here and just use this handle to stir up shit? On ignore you go.........
You're kidding right ? I'm minor league in "starting up shit" compared to many on this board. And I don't try to stir up stuff - just said it's comical to read a few reactions when people disagree with something I post

Reactions: PearlSUJam
You're kidding right ? I'm minor league in "starting up shit" compared to many on this board. And I don't try to stir up stuff - just said it's comical to read a few reactions when people disagree with something I post

No disagreement per sa. It's Buckeye fan rhetoric. No other fan base would remotely think of such. It's akin to me writing "what if Sandy offered Saban 15 mil per year to finish his career in State College?" on a Bama board under guise of an Auburn fan.

Much like there are certain Penn State fans who just want Franklin gone, there are certain Ohio State fans who just can’t fathom losing a five star in-state QB to Penn State. They’ll dream up any scenario to make it happen. Unfortunately it won’t happen for either.
I remember a certain 4/5 star lineman or two from Ohio who had committed or was leaning to PSU…but at the last second switched to the Acorns…would love to see us get back to that within our own state. I thought “ Dominate the State” was how it would get done.

No disagreement per sa. It's Buckeye fan rhetoric. No other fan base would remotely think of such. It's akin to me writing "what if Sandy offered Saban 15 mil per year to finish his career in State College?" on a Bama board under guise of an Auburn fan.
Yep, just posting what I read on Buckeye boards

Yep, just posting what I read on Buckeye boards

Where did it come from?

You are just some Big 10 dude who trolls all the boards.

Tell me a time the circumstance you mentioned has ever occurred.

Tell me a fan base that it benefits besides OSU.

Be straight.

Where did it come from?

You are just some Big 10 dude who trolls all the boards.

Tell me a time the circumstance you mentioned has ever occurred.

Tell me a fan base that it benefits besides OSU.

Be straight.
I picked this topic off of OSU's Letterman Row. There's a huge thread on Allar and they go through all kinds of different things happening. I believe Letterman's Row is now part of ON3

I don't understand why so many on this thread is upset about McCord to PSU and Allar to OSU. Jesus, do many understand that McCord had a higher 247 Composite rating than Allar - 0.9858 to 0.9658 ? 5 star to a high 4 star. No one was trying to flame and keep in mind, like I mentioned earlier, McCord battled Stroud - and it was close - for the starting QB spot. He won Freshman of the Week honors earlier in the year. Do you really think if McCord went to PSU and Allar - who's still in HS - to OSU that PSU would be getting the short end of the stick ?

Do you really think if McCord went to PSU and Allar - who's still in HS - to OSU that PSU would be getting the short end of the stick ?

1. It seems completely unrealistic. Other than a fantasy, why is it being mentioned?

2. Yes, it would be the short end. Why else would OSU remotely want it? They are set for next year with a returning Stroud. This would fix the '22 gap Ewers redec created.

do many understand that McCord had a higher 247 Composite rating than Allar - 0.9858 to 0.9658 ? 5 star to a high 4 star.

Then keep the higher rated player. Why spin this like it would be some great thing for PSU? Why not spin it like McCord might transfer here and we sign Aller?

Oh. Because that's a double negative to OSU. And highly unlikely.

Reactions: psu2016
I picked this topic off of OSU's Letterman Row. There's a huge thread on Allar and they go through all kinds of different things happening. I believe Letterman's Row is now part of ON3

I don't understand why so many on this thread is upset about McCord to PSU and Allar to OSU. Jesus, do many understand that McCord had a higher 247 Composite rating than Allar - 0.9858 to 0.9658 ? 5 star to a high 4 star. No one was trying to flame and keep in mind, like I mentioned earlier, McCord battled Stroud - and it was close - for the starting QB spot. He won Freshman of the Week honors earlier in the year. Do you really think if McCord went to PSU and Allar - who's still in HS - to OSU that PSU would be getting the short end of the stick ?
It’s not going to happen, so why discuss it?

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT