ADVERTISEMENT

Vote for the Hodge Trophy

Looks like Zain is getting passed.

Just getting error messages when trying to connect.

Same here...how are the Ringer fans still getting thru?

Not sure. But it's early in OK vs PA.

Guessing as PSU fans go to sleep, that Zain may get passed.

Those who can vote, please do so.

Would if I could...very frustrating!

Another thought. If you connect and can push vote, perhaps it is recorded.

I then get an error message, but that may only be for the vote totals listing. Your vote may be counted immediately. That sort of thing.

May pay to vote and then log out to do it again?

Reactions: Onceafish
Just voted again. It's not stopping on the totals like it did yesterday. Just a quick flash then directly to a thank you for your vote page. From glancing quickly at the totals before it moves screens, it appears Zain is down by about 500 votes. If you guys social network and haven't already done so, it might be time to get the word out.

I just logged in on multiple computers at work and voted from each and it doesn't appear to be adding to the vote total. :(

I just made my coworker give me their phones so that I could vote with those, and now the damn site is down. Whyyyyyyyyy?!:mad:

Super close race......

• Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 1518 votes )

• Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 1699 votes )

• Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 31840 votes )

• Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 32077 votes )

Total Votes 94961

Zain was down >300 an hour ago. Now surging again.

As mentioned above if you clear your cookies you can start voting again.

Votin until 6pm today

If the website doesn't work -- and even if it does -- vote on Twitter.

Copy/paste this:
Zain Retherford #HodgeTrophy

fans get to vote for the Hodge Trophy winner. The winner of the fan vote will receive 2 1st-place votes in the balloting.

to vote, CLICK HERE
(currently, WIN"s server seems to be having issues ... just a heads up)

vote early and vote often. ;)
It seems to be working fast right now, Zain has a slim lead. I thought it may help some to have the link available on the second page.

Could not get in earlier this week. Just got email from wrestling club this morning about voting. Was able to get in just a bit ago. Zane has about a 1500 vote lead. Results page was gone fairly quickly.

Only 2 votes will result from the fan balloting, if it's like other years. 40+ votes from other sources around the country. It's never impacted 1st Place (or the Hodge Trophy Winner) before, but has affected other places in the standings.
By the posts in this thread and lack of response to this post I'm guessing not many noticed what you wrote.

I have a feeling that the 40+ voters are gonna give it to the 3x champ regardless of what the people want.

By the posts in this thread and lack of response to this post I'm guessing not many noticed what you wrote.

I have a feeling that the 40+ voters are gonna give it to the 3x champ regardless of what the people want.

You are probably right. But, it's a point of pride to show our wrestlers that we will give them the most fan support via...voting.

You are probably right. But, it's a point of pride to show our wrestlers that we will give them the most fan support via...voting.

I would rekon PBS understands this but for some reason needed to type a jammenzesq post.

Things that make you go hmmmmm

And here I thought the reward for being a three-time champ was three championships, and the the reward for being the most dominant wrestler in a given season is the Hodge.

Current Standings

• Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 1584 votes )

• Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 1814 votes )

• Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 35260 votes )

• Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 36660 votes )

ongoing craziness with WIN's computer operations

on Tuesday, when the online voting began, there were major issues accessing the computer. The original article indicated that voting would end at noon CDT on March 25. Due to the computer glitches they posted that voting would be extended until 5 pm CDT on March 25.

so now it's just after noon CDT on March 25th, and if you try to vote your are informed the poll is closed. seems as though somebody neglected to expand the timeframe of the poll.

if you view the results, it shows that the poll ended on 25-03-2016 at 12:00:00. It also shows the final results as:

Nahshon Garrett - 1,603 votes
Kyle Snyder - 1,839 voted
Alex Dieringer - 35,885 votes
Zain Retherford - 37,3348 votes

I hesitate to even speculate as to whether the online voting really is over, or if will be reopened this afternoon.

Reactions: lions#1
ongoing craziness with WIN's computer operations

on Tuesday, when the online voting began, there were major issues accessing the computer. The original article indicated that voting would end at noon CDT on March 25. Due to the computer glitches they posted that voting would be extended until 5 pm CDT on March 25.

so now it's just after noon CDT on March 25th, and if you try to vote your are informed the poll is closed. seems as though somebody neglected to expand the timeframe of the poll.

if you view the results, it shows that the poll ended on 25-03-2016 at 12:00:00. It also shows the final results as:

Nahshon Garrett - 1,603 votes
Kyle Snyder - 1,839 voted
Alex Dieringer - 35,885 votes
Zain Retherford - 37,3348 votes

I hesitate to even speculate as to whether the online voting really is over, or if will be reopened this afternoon.

I'm sure they'll do something very politically correct and silly like splitting the two votes between Zain and Ringer, which would result in all of us having wasted our time clicking furiously.

We can keep voting again. It is now showing Zain with 37756 votes. Now, a little later, I refresh the page, and it shows 37824. Yup. It's working.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I'm sure they'll do something very politically correct and silly like splitting the two votes between Zain and Ringer, which would result in all of us having wasted our time clicking furiously.
Not wasting. We're trying to win the computer-vote bragging rights. A small thing, yes, but it's a fun lark.

fans get to vote for the Hodge Trophy winner. The winner of the fan vote will receive 2 1st-place votes in the balloting.

to vote, CLICK HERE
(currently, WIN"s server seems to be having issues ... just a heads up)

vote early and vote often. ;)

Both Zain and Ringer deserving. Really a test of fanbase loyalty. I have voted repeatedly because of loyalty to Zain/PSU. Bump.

Working well now. Zain almost up by 2000. Strong closing. Probably about 40 PSU fans and 40 poke fans all together doing the voting. :) But we are winning. If Zain wins by more than 2000 votes I consider it a major.

Seriously think half of Snyder's votes are from PSU voters, like myself, trying to vote for Zain, but hitting Snyder by accident. Haha, Jk

I would rekon PBS understands this but for some reason needed to type a jammenzesq post.

Things that make you go hmmmmm
If it was jammenzesq it would make me go hmmmmm.
I really do suspect that there are some fans that think they are deciding who the Hodge goes to. Not just PSU fans either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT