ADVERTISEMENT

Helton is toast.....

It’s because Franklin confides in him and told him he would take any offer that comes his way just to get out of State College. He hates it so bad and he’s tried to leave, but no one would take him these past five years, even after winning the Big and being named coach of the year (eye roll).

Nope, you need to try harder.

• Love
Reactions: Psugo823
I don’t get why everyone is shitting on Art here. Not sure I hold the same “informed opinion” as Art, but Franklin leaving for certain jobs isn’t out of the realm of possibility. It’s been a lot closer to happening in years past than most realize. That said, IMO, USC can’t afford him right now.

I don’t get why everyone is shitting on Art here. Not sure I hold the same “informed opinion” as Art, but Franklin leaving for certain jobs isn’t out of the realm of possibility. It’s been a lot closer to happening in years past than most realize. That said, IMO, USC can’t afford him right now.
Because he posts like he knows for a fact Franklin would leave….only Franklin and his wife would know that, for anybody else it’s a guess.

Reactions: Hartzie
Because he posts like he knows for a fact Franklin would leave….only Franklin and his wife would know that, for anybody else it’s a guess.

"Fact?" You're an idiot. I don't know what would constitute an offer that would lure, but if you think Franlin is tied at the hip to PSU, you're delusional.

"Fact?" You're an idiot. I don't know what would constitute an offer that would lure, but if you think Franlin is tied at the hip to PSU, you're delusional.
This I agree with...there are some posters on here who are so serious in their convictions and truly believe that JF has zero chance of leaving psu because of xyz...like really? No chance? It's ridiculous. Sure, he may not leave this time...but in this climate of coaches who up and go on a whim, u need to be ready that it happens everywhere. the days of Ferentz type tenures are likely over. Anyone who doesn't even remotely consider that a coach may not want to stay somewhere "forever" truly is myopic.

Reactions: PSUoh90
You’re the one who posted it, not me….”would he leave if they did, yup.” That was your post, not mine. Sounds like you were stating it as if it was a fact to me. And my thinking he would stay is no more delusional than you thinking he would leave….only he knows. He may very well be tied at the hip to PSU….he has said more to make one believe that than to believe he would leave.

This I agree with...there are some posters on here who are so serious in their convictions and truly believe that JF has zero chance of leaving psu because of xyz...like really? No chance? It's ridiculous. Sure, he may not leave this time...but in this climate of coaches who up and go on a whim, u need to be ready that it happens everywhere. the days of Ferentz type tenures are likely over. Anyone who doesn't even remotely consider that a coach may not want to stay somewhere "forever" truly is myopic.

Look at it this way: Franklin wants to win a national title. If another program presents him with resources that put him in a better position to do that, he'll leave.

You’re the one who posted it, not me….”would he leave if they did, yup.” That was your post, not mine. Sounds like you were stating it as if it was a fact to me. And my thinking he would stay is no more delusional than you thinking he would leave….only he knows. He may very well be tied at the hip to PSU….he has said more to make one believe that than to believe he would leave.

You truly are a moron. Can I predict that another school will present him with better opportunities? No.

Reactions: Psugo823
Look at it this way: Franklin wants to win a national title. If another program presents him with resources that put him in a better position to do that, he'll leave.
Does taking football money to build an art museum help win a NC?

It’s because Franklin confides in him and told him he would take any offer that comes his way just to get out of State College. He hates it so bad and he’s tried to leave, but no one would take him these past five years, even after winning the Big and being named coach of the year (eye roll).
Franklin told him he feels like putting his fist through the car window sometimes, right? ;)

And just that by itself makes it a possibility...sans Oregon, the Pac 12 is garbage. The B1G is a more difficult road to win a title with awful weather and travel. Yet, to some people on here...not a chance he leaves ever...lol it's ridiculous.

Lol Greg Schiano? Pj Fleck? Thamel just throwing every name out there to see what sticks.

Cristobal is not leaving Oregon for that job. Fickell won't leave Cincinnati for that job.

From that list Elliott is the most realistic.
Fickell won't leave Cincinnati? Why?

How many times do rumors have to end up being false before some posters quit biting on every story about him leaving that’s thrown out there? There’s a reason Joe was here for 47 years…maybe, just maybe, it’s a pretty good place to be (I know, hard for some to believe). Sure, Franklin could leave, but there’s really nothing out there to believe he will other than his name being thrown around with a bunch of other candidates every time there’s an opening by writers who seem to think PSU is a MAC level job.

Reactions: Hartzie
You truly are a moron. Can I predict that another school will present him with better opportunities? No.
So even if another school offered him the world, you have no way of knowing he would take it, but you posted as if you knew for a fact he would. But keep going, Corky.

How many times do rumors have to end up being false before some posters quit biting on every story about him leaving that’s thrown out there? There’s a reason Joe was here for 47 years…maybe, just maybe, it’s a pretty good place to be (I know, hard for some to believe). Sure, Franklin could leave, but there’s really nothing out there to believe he will other than his name being thrown around with a bunch of other candidates every time there’s an opening by writers who seem to think PSU is a MAC level job.
I agree that it can be a nice place to live...but it's not for everyone. And the era of JoePa, Bowden, Beamer etc is over...I just think shrugging off any remote possibility is ridiculous in the coaching revolving door climate we have seen the last decade.

Reactions: nits74
As a general rule, coaches leave sooner or later. It's not that.

Speaking for myself, It's the "trust me, I have inside information, but I can't tell you what it is or where I got it" posts in general that annoy the snot out of me.

Reactions: sgw107 and AWS1022
Does taking football money to build an art museum help win a NC?
We go back to the Infamous Rod, "money is fungible." So far, Franklin has been able to get what he wants. But, in various ways, it doesn't come easy, so friction points exist. Can't imagine that the football progam funding the museum, at least optically, went down well.

The only thing that USC offers is an easier conference to win than the Big 10.

Recruiting ground is more fertile, but good luck keeping everyone else out.

While I understand the multiple things people say that make it sound desirable and like it's a home run, win a title in under five years destination, I just don't agree. Too much failure of late and the last bout of winning required cheating.

Do they have someone already lined up? That's the interesting part because of the timing.

I agree that it can be a nice place to live...but it's not for everyone. And the era of JoePa, Bowden, Beamer etc is over...I just think shrugging off any remote possibility is ridiculous in the coaching revolving door climate we have seen the last decade.
Some coaches have a revolving door, but many don’t….Saban and Swinney have been at the same place a long time, where are the rumors they’re leaving? Some coaches, especially those with families, would love to have stability and not have to move all the time. Maybe that’s important to Franklin and he has that at PSU. My point is there’s no sense worrying about it just because some writers toss his name out there….we’ve been down this road a bunch of times and he’s still here.

The only thing that USC offers is an easier conference to win than the Big 10.

Recruiting ground is more fertile, but good luck keeping everyone else out.

While I understand the multiple things people say that make it sound desirable and like it's a home run, win a title in under five years destination, I just don't agree. Too much failure of late and the last bout of winning required cheating.

Do they have someone already lined up? That's the interesting part because of the timing.

I doubt that Franklin lacks the confidence that his recruiting at USC won't be great, probably better than it is at PSU. Problem there is money. Football budget is considerably less than it is at PSU, not a gap that can be easily covered.

Now if someplace like Texas decides that Franklin is the guy.......

Reactions: step.eng69
I doubt that Franklin lacks the confidence that his recruiting at USC won't be great, probably better than it is at PSU. Problem there is money. Football budget is considerably less than it is at PSU, not a gap that can be easily covered.

Now if someplace like Texas decides that Franklin is the guy.......

Something I'm curious about: why did Helton recruit CA better in '21 than '19 and '20?

He's seemingly been on the hot seat forever.

Texas has no patience. USC is the better job there unless JF wants insane money and to spend a year as an analyst after being bought out.

But I'm not JF and I don't know what he wants beyond what he has other than to make the playoff and win it.

Much like Texas, USC has no money problems and it won't take more than a quick cushion search from their boosters to come up with whatever it takes to land the right guy.

Something I'm curious about: why did Helton recruit CA better in '21 than '19 and '20?

He's seemingly been on the hot seat forever.

Texas has no patience. USC is the better job there unless JF wants insane money and to spend a year as an analyst after being bought out.

But I'm not JF and I don't know what he wants beyond what he has other than to make the playoff and win it.

Better is a relative term. In terms of resources ($$$), Texas is better than USC. And in case you hadn't noticed, Franklin isn't a "do more with less" kind of guy.

Much like Texas, USC has no money problems and it won't take more than a quick cushion search from their boosters to come up with whatever it takes to land the right guy.

Money for football at USC and Texas? Not even close

I like B'OB, Christobal and Peterson from that list. NFL experience gives the big name to the program. If you are staying with college it's good to keep someone with west coast roots. IF CJF truly wants a Natty it seems he is closer with this class coming in, a top notch QB and their existing talent than starting new at USC.

USC recruits itself as long as the coach is winning. He won’t have to deal with the microscope and alumni base like he did at Penn State. Also not following a legend. Bill would be great IMO - I bet he’d rather have the politics of being a HC at at power program like SC than being dumped as an NFL HC. All the crap about not liking recruiting and administrations was when he was hogtied by sanctions at Penn State. Wouldn’t be the case at SC.
I guess we'll see. My money is on O'Brien's next job being in the NFL.
Wonder if he is doing much recruiting at bama?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT