ADVERTISEMENT

Helton is toast.....

USC fires Helton ... Let the rumors begin...

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly thought that this would be Urban Meyer's landing spot when it opened up. After yesterday, I wonder if he's sorry he didn't wait for it. Meyer (or Saban) just aren't cut out for NFL careers. USC is a sleeping giant - especially with its recruiting base

Franklin to USC. Flight-tracker proves it.

I love this stuff....
If you take a look at USC's annual records over the last 40 years, outside of Petey's 9 years that ended in scandal and sanctions, they have been decidedly average in an average conference. It's not apparent to me what makes USC a job you would take over other similar jobs.

I honestly thought that this would be Urban Meyer's landing spot when it opened up. After yesterday, I wonder if he's sorry he didn't wait for it. Meyer (or Saban) just aren't cut out for NFL careers. USC is a sleeping giant - especially with its recruiting base
Perhaps... but they've slept quite bit of late.

Lol Greg Schiano? Pj Fleck? Thamel just throwing every name out there to see what sticks.

Cristobal is not leaving Oregon for that job. Fickell won't leave Cincinnati for that job.

From that list Elliott is the most realistic.

Not really. The John McKay are days gone for good. LA is dominated by pro sports...USC and UCLA have been relegated to the margins. Are there some good athletes in the neighborhood? Sure, but SoCal demographics are increasingly dominated by Hispanics who typically aren't built for football.

Come on, it’s going to be Franklin to USC and Urban is coming to Happy Valley finally. The way it was originally going to happen until the scandal stuff broke.

Reactions: BW Lion
I love this stuff....
If you take a look at USC's annual records over the last 40 years, outside of Petey's 9 years that ended in scandal and sanctions, they have been decidedly average in an average conference. It's not apparent to me what makes USC a job you would take over other similar jobs.

Couldn’t you say the same for a lot of programs? Look at Bama post Bear - pre-Saban. But, candidates? Would JoMo get another look?

Couldn’t you say the same for a lot of programs? Look at Bama post Bear - pre-Saban. But, candidates? Would JoMo get another look?
Absolutely. I think once you get to a certain level of program, it's a job you don't leave for a similar job unless there are significant extenuating circumstances....like too many coeds....err, I mean heart conditions.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Fickell and Campbell are the two that stand out and are most likely to jump on the USC job. Both are just waiting for something like this to open up. No way in hell CJF would leave PSU for USC.
Fickell capped the bed in his one year at Ohio state plus he wants Michigan

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Not really. The John McKay are days gone for good. LA is dominated by pro sports...USC and UCLA have been relegated to the margins. Are there some good athletes in the neighborhood? Sure, but SoCal demographics are increasingly dominated by Hispanics who typically aren't built for football.
The **** are you serious with this post he’s not gonna recruit from a 30 mile radius only my Lord

Last edited:
Take a run at OB. If he gets Bama to a NC, his pro experience (and Saban stamp of approval) would work well in LA I think. Has to want to do it though; he could be a great college coach if he buys into recruiting (noting much easier to recruit to USC than PSU).

Reactions: psu00
I love this stuff....

Hard to disagree with you. His name is popping up on just about every big coaching opening. What he's done at Cincy is off the charts
Didn’t Brian Kelly do the same at Cincinnati? How we all have short memories. BK hasn’t won a championship yet…although he did play for one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT