ADVERTISEMENT

HELP IS ON THE WAY: Sue and Jay to run for Penn State Board of Trustees

Jay is 1991.
I think Pope has the required number of nominations to get on the ballot.
I think in order to nominate, you need to use the person's full, formal name.
See the photo with the JoePa bobblehead in it for Jay's and Sue's full info.
FWIW - Pope Lord Jubi all have notified that they have exceeded the required number of nominations

So any further nominations for the 3 incumbents would be moot

If you are going to put forward nominations - you may want to use them to nominate other folks who you think would be worthy candidates, even if your plan would be to vote for the incumbents when it comes time for the actual election

FWIW - Pope Lord Jubi all have notified that they have exceeded the required number of nominations

So any further nominations for the 3 incumbents would be moot

If you are going to put forward nominations - you may want to use them to nominate other folks who you think would be worthy candidates, even if your plan would be to vote for the incumbents when it comes time for the actual election
Good point--and that is what I did.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78
Isn't Jay, along with Scräp, suing the university? Saying that they can't find another coaching job because of the way the University handled the scandal?

Maybe the point now mute since Bradley got hired , but if Jay is still perusing compensation that would certainly present a conflict of interest.

Scraep?

Moot.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Scraep?

Moot.

:)

Was Scrap part of the original suit? I don't recall that. Unless Bill Kenney was also called 'Scrap' (or Scraep?!) I think the other poster has mixed up more than his vocabulary.

I have no doubt that Sue cares a lot about PSU, particularly The College of Liberal Arts. That doesn't mean that she will put the interests of PSU above Joe.

All the BOT (except the A9) has been doing for the last 5 years is putting their own self interests above the interests of PSU. That's "literally" why we are in this mess.

Sue is not frail. Although she recently had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, she is just fine and more involved than ever.

Would the Paternos get access to the Freeh report if elected to BOT? Guessing it would require legal action by PSU/OGBOT to keep them from accessing, right!

I know you've taken a beating on hear lately. But I for one am very thankful for your time and effort. Thank you!

Reactions: NICNEM_PSU80
Would the Paternos get access to the Freeh report if elected to BOT? Guessing it would require legal action by PSU/OGBOT to keep them from accessing, right!

I know you've taken a beating on hear lately. But I for one am very thankful for your time and effort. Thank you!

Yes, and no. Any trustee has a right to see the documents, provided it is for a purpose related the running of the organization. It would create a conflict of interest for them to see it. If the suit was withdrawn ... .

Last edited:
Maybe change the school name to Paterno State University ???

This inane swipe at the Paternos shows that it is obvious you know nothing about what they are all about. While they are rightfully fighting to expose what happened with the JS mess, they are great examples of how to lead through service, and always have been. Anyone who paid any attention to the decades of actions and words of Joe and Sue, and by extension, their family, understand this. A large part of the reason that so many people such as me continue to stand behind their efforts is because we are in danger of completely losing sight of the ideals that Joe that represented. And those ideals are very worthy of remembering and emulating. Understanding what Joe and Sue have always been about makes it easy to defend them and to understand how blameless Joe was for the JS situation.

As I have said many times, the OGBOT took the best goodwill asset a school could have, and flushed it away for selfish, petty, and possibly personal-liability reasons. Instead of holding up Success With Honor and The Grand Experiment as models to teach and assist other schools, and even the whole godforsaken NCAA, with the challenges of balancing academics and athletics, we now have to waste time defending our name to the lazy and uninformed (present company included) who take cheap, sophomoric shots at a legacy of achievement and aspiration.

In many ways, the Paternos are great examples of public lives well-led. We can all learn much if we simply pay attention.

Yes, and know. Any trustee has a right to see the documents, provided it is for a purpose related the running of the organization. It would create a conflict of interest for them to see it. If the suit was withdrawn ... .

You certainly are pounding that 'drop the suit' mantra on here loud and clear and annoyingly. Maybe tell the BOT folks you're communicating with that 98% of the BWI posting audience does not agree that the suit should be dropped. You saying it over and over won't make anyone here change his or her mind about that. So, the suit should go ahead with fury and vigor and to a resounding victory for the plaintiffs. (you know, the opposite of being withdrawn).

Here is another possible Paterno revelation. On November 22,1963 JFK was assassinated in Dallas. I believe if you check the record, Penn State suspiciously had an open date that weekend. JVP with his far reaching and nearly omnipotent influence was likely the assassin never identified on the grassy knoll. I don't understand how a sleuth like Sara Ganim could have neglected to pursue this.
What kind of ass hole post is that ? Or was it a bad attempt at TIC. Penn State was scheduled to play Pitt at Pitt that weekend. I had tickets in my hand

You certainly are pounding that 'drop the suit' mantra on here loud and clear and annoyingly. Maybe tell the BOT folks you're communicating with that 98% of the BWI posting audience does not agree that the suit should be dropped. You saying it over and over won't make anyone here change his or her mind about that. So, the suit should go ahead with fury and vigor and to a resounding victory for the plaintiffs. (you know, the opposite of being withdrawn).

It will not be likely for a decision in the suit by the time of the election.

I am not saying the suit should be dropped, though it has eroded to very little over the years. I am saying that, it will be an either/or situation. They cant have it both.

And perhaps they don't want to:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...-State-board-of-trustees/stories/201701270182

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT