ADVERTISEMENT

HELP IS ON THE WAY: Sue and Jay to run for Penn State Board of Trustees

Already submitted my nomination, which included Jay. However, with this news gotta think they both will end on the final ballot... Good news.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Damn! Is this true?! Why are there only four frickin' posts on this thread?!

If this is true, it's a game changer. Sue and Jay will sweep to victory. And there will be a whole lot of hostility and passive aggressive crap going on at BoT meetings. But Sue and Jay are taking no prisoners. Both a lawsuit and taking two seats on the Board. Awesome.

Lubert et al can probably get away with publicly going after Jay, but going after Sue is a whole different animal. Sucks for the OGBOT.

Don't have any information about the candidate from San Diego. Bowsher? Class of '86? Anyone have any info on him?

I deleted the "reminders" from PSUAA Biow Tie .Boy , but I think I can extract them from the "delete" file file and vote for both.

More importantly, how do we get the word out to the "Masses"?

Tom Mc.....this is your calling......:)

So it appears there is only one BoT seat being contested this time around. Also, Lubrano has hinted some shit may eventually be coming down. It'll be great if Sue and Jay have a front row seat to see it happen.

Last edited:
So it appears there is only one BoT seat being contested this time around. Also, Lubrano has hinted some shit may eventually be coming down. It'll be great if Sue and Jay have a front row seat to see it happen.

As noted on the other thread, there may be some problems, if either gets elected. The conflict of interest clause in the bylaws is very restrictive.

They could not vote on any issue in which they are involved, so that will probably mean that that they can't vote on anything involving Freeh, possibly anything involving the NCAA (I don't know what extent that would be). Since Spanier might be a witness in both the Paterno vs. NCAA and his own case. they may not be able to vote on any Spanier vs, Freeh or Spanier vs. PSU cased.

Even if the there would be desire to appeal the McQueary case, they might not be able to vote on it both because of their association with McQueary and because Spanier is a witness.

If the Paternos were to drop their suit, and there wasn't any linkage found with Spanier's current civil cases, that would not be a problem. How it stands right now is that, if elected, there will be seven instead of nine Alumni votes on some crucial issues.

Ohh wow, this is fantastic news! Can I get a 1000 ballot votes? Each and everyone one of those votes would go to sue & jay! Will root for sue, each and every day, and twice on sundays!

The Sue nomination would be huge. From a public relations perspective, it's one thing to go after a grown man with negative press and aggressive behavior. But it's a totally different beast if they try to take down an 80-year old women and a widow with negative press and aggressive behavior. Typically women (especially older ones who are widows) are off limits.

As noted on the other thread, there may be some problems, if either gets elected. The conflict of interest clause in the bylaws is very restrictive.

They could not vote on any issue in which they are involved, so that will probably mean that that they can't vote on anything involving Freeh, possibly anything involving the NCAA (I don't know what extent that would be). Since Spanier might be a witness in both the Paterno vs. NCAA and his own case. they may not be able to vote on any Spanier vs, Freeh or Spanier vs. PSU cased.

Even if the there would be desire to appeal the McQueary case, they might not be able to vote on it both because of their association with McQueary and because Spanier is a witness.

If the Paternos were to drop their suit, and there wasn't any linkage found with Spanier's current civil cases, that would not be a problem. How it stands right now is that, if elected, there will be seven instead of nine Alumni votes on some crucial issues.

I am not sure their actual votes would make a difference anyway. Since the OGBOT is afraid to vote or even think without consulting Lubert, they will always have the votes. However, I fully expect both Sue and Jay would be more visible and vocal than many of the A9 have been. Perhaps some of the OGBOT cowards won't be so anxious to simply approve whatever Lubert says if the Paternos are gathering support among the alumni. I am not yet sold on Alice Pope and am considering voting for Barry Fenchek, Sue and Jay

Last edited:
The Sue nomination would be huge. From a public relations perspective, it's one thing to go after a grown man with negative press and aggressive behavior. But it's a totally different beast if they try to take down an 80-year old women and a widow with negative press and aggressive behavior. Typically women (especially older ones who are widows) are off limits.

Normally I would say you were correct, but not when that women's husband covered up Child abuse for 120 years. Yes you heard me right, Ganim is now reporting that she has a witness who claims that Joe Paterno covered up their great great grandfather's abuse (and also killed his unicorn) in a previous life, to protect the football program in his next life.

Normally I would say you were correct, but not when that women's husband covered up Child abuse for 120 years. Yes you heard me right, Ganim is now reporting that she has a witness who claims that Joe Paterno covered up their great great grandfather's abuse (and also killed his unicorn) in a previous life, to protect the football program in his next life.

Link/Pic?

Great insight!

Furthermore, I heard on good authority that Ganim is working on a piece that will tie JVP to the MSU sexual abuse scandal. It has something to do with a phone conversation that Duffy Daugherty had with Joe when he (Duffy) was serving as a TV color analyst. Joe failed to launch an investigation and Nasser went on to abuse dozens of young gymnasts and an as yet untold number of MSU varsity female athletes.
Paterno, when told of suspicions of abuse at MSU by his confused and troubled friend Duffy, purportedly responded, "ah don't bother me with that nonsense, I have a football season to prepare for. Besides, I'm busy master minding a cover up for my DC Sandusky right here in State College."

PS if the years of DDs work as an analyst and Nasser's employment don't match up.....not a problem Sara Ganim has leaped that sort of hurdle repeatedly.

You have to be ****ing kidding me? With all of the self-dealing that goes on with current board members, you're concerned about jay and Sue having conflicts of interest? Actually, I'm not surprised.

What are the class years for Sue and Jay? Aka the format for submitting ballots. Got 9 votes to burn.

IMHO all Jay or Sue would need to do if elected would be 1. Selectively stare down specific individuals when certain topics came up, 2. Work on student issues, and 3. Make informed votes.

Do you have any particular reason to be interested & active in this? Are you an alum? A fan? Just an interested PA resident? Or maybe a close family member is one of these?

Not to the OGBOT a$$holes!

im asking again...if they cant review the freeh report because of pending lawsuits...is this really that big of a deal?

ADVERTISEMENT