ADVERTISEMENT

HELP IS ON THE WAY: Sue and Jay to run for Penn State Board of Trustees

My position is that I don't give a damn about perception. Come hell or high water It's about doing right by the man who built the university - Joe Paterno.

ok..i see how you feel

unfortunately.....in this day & age.....perception is reality.

Reactions: Corabi94
I'm trying to find reference to this on any legit news source- maybe I'm missing something, but I find nothing

Well Nasser did work with Bo Schembechler at UM, who was only hired because JVP turned down the job so he could continue to oversee the Sandusky cover up.

There is your connection, time for a front page ESPN article.
Here is another possible Paterno revelation. On November 22,1963 JFK was assassinated in Dallas. I believe if you check the record, Penn State suspiciously had an open date that weekend. JVP with his far reaching and nearly omnipotent influence was likely the assassin never identified on the grassy knoll. I don't understand how a sleuth like Sara Ganim could have neglected to pursue this.

Is there such thing as a legit news source any longer. The gap between TMZ & CNN is razor thin in today's world.
My answer is a NO. That is why it is difficult to sort out the Trump nonsense at this point. I don't trust any source.
I commented on twitter about a charge that Trump would "force" congress to do something. Really? Guess I taught problems of democracy all wrong.

Here is another possible Paterno revelation. On November 22,1963 JFK was assassinated in Dallas. I believe if you check the record, Penn State suspiciously had an open date that weekend. JVP with his far reaching and nearly omnipotent influence was likely the assassin never identified on the grassy knoll. I don't understand how a sleuth like Sara Ganim could have neglected to pursue this.

Ganim may be on this one, too (her source: one Mr. B. McCue), and she will most likely fail to mention that the only reason PSU had an open date that weekend was because their game vs. Pitt was rescheduled due to JFK's assassination. But that would curtail the narrative, so my guess is that little factoid won't make the final edit as served up for public consumption / outrage.
But she could print whatever, and of course we'd have to erase all references to Rip Engle then, too, after hearing that Rip was retired early by the BOT.

Maybe that failure of leadership could help Dambly get another round of PSU money for another apartment complex, which of course would not be a conflict of interest even in a gray area (of various shades, no doubt), so don't even ask about that. You would get a very stern look from certain BOT members and maybe even Pres. Barron. The poor guy is allowed to eke out a living, isn't he?!

This thread just confirms what I have said... many on this board and the A9 as a whole think that Joe Paterno should be the #1 issue for this University five years after his death. Why else would anyone want to vote for Sue and Jay (whose primary reason for running would be Joe)?

This thread just confirms what I have said... many on this board and the A9 as a whole think that Joe Paterno should be the #1 issue for this University five years after his death. Why else would anyone want to vote for Sue and Jay (whose primary reason for running would be Joe)?

Lets just say I would trust Sue and Jay with the fiduciary responsibility of the University more than I do the current members.
That is if the past is any indicator.

Jay's got his last Penn State-related job based on his last name. He may as well do it again. The lemmings will vote for him, no doubt.

Last edited:
In other words, move on. yada, yada, yada. We understand your thesis by now, GMJ.

Lets just say I would trust Sue and Jay with the fiduciary responsibility of the University more than I do the current members.
That is if the past is any indicator.
More so than the other candidates running? If Joe is their primary concern, how could you say that with a straight face?

Well yeah, I would like the university to focus on instruction, research, and making education affordable, not a man who has been gone for half a decade.
And I would like to see it resolve the record of false claims against its reputation so that it can do those things long into the future.

And I would like to see it resolve the record of false claims against its reputation so that it can do those things long into the future.
It's not like the University is being significantly hinder right now because of the black eye. Time is taking care of that on its own.

Whether it's number 1 or number 100, the ability to right a wrong and a miscarriage of justice is never the wrong thing to pursue.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that SuePa cares quite a bit about dear old State. You see, it wasn't just JoePA agreeing to donate oodles of dollars to the university.

Whether it's number 1 or number 100, the ability to right a wrong and a miscarriage of justice is never the wrong thing to pursue.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that SuePa cares quite a bit about dear old State. You see, it wasn't just JoePA agreeing to donate oodles of dollars to the university.
I have no doubt that Sue cares a lot about PSU, particularly The College of Liberal Arts. That doesn't mean that she will put the interests of PSU above Joe.

Isn't Jay, along with Scräp, suing the university? Saying that they can't find another coaching job because of the way the University handled the scandal?

Maybe the point now mute since Bradley got hired , but if Jay is still perusing compensation that would certainly present a conflict of interest.

That doesn't mean that she will put the interests of PSU above Joe.
Nor does it mean she will either. Perhaps she is simply tired of the ClusterF*** known as the PSU BOT. I never knew nor never cared about the BOT before November 2011. In five years since, I have seen what a dysfunctional group it really is. I'm astonished that many of these clowns actually run business for a living. The truth is stranger than fiction.

who, on the BOT, are you confident puts PSU above their own interests? I think that's a damn short list.
I am confident in saying that there are going to be several alumni candidates who would put PSU's interests before their own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT