ADVERTISEMENT

HELP IS ON THE WAY: Sue and Jay to run for Penn State Board of Trustees

Normally I would say you were correct, but not when that women's husband covered up Child abuse for 120 years. Yes you heard me right, Ganim is now reporting that she has a witness who claims that Joe Paterno covered up their great great grandfather's abuse (and also killed his unicorn) in a previous life, to protect the football program in his next life.

Isn't Joe also responsible for slavery in the 19th century?

I think many of you miss the point. Sue is PSU more than any other person right now, with the possible exception of CJF, from a "brand" standpoint. At the same time, she is above reproach. She's also physically frail, at her age.

Also remember that the BOT is an accessory item for most of the board members that have real lives they need to protect when not spending PSU's money.

Can you imagine having to face her if you are one of the BOT members that screwed Joe? Can you imagine the optics of that? Can you imagine what it will do to their reputations outside of PSU?

SuePa being on the BOT would have profound affects.

because it conflicts with the interests of the people who sign their paychecks

The trolls here remind me of this guy:

Jackass-Guy.jpg

Ya jackass!

Can you imagine what it will do to their reputations outside of PSU?

What possible impact would their outside reputations have by dealing with Sue? Their outside reputations haven't been hurt one bit by spending $250 million to deflect a child abuse scandal onto a football coach. Why would anything be different with Sue?

Reactions: moofafoo
I would like to nominate the following individuals for the bot. Could someone please indicate their graduation years?

Alice Pope
Jay Paterno
Sue Paterno

Thanks!

What possible impact would their outside reputations have by dealing with Sue? Their outside reputations haven't been hurt one bit by spending $250 million to deflect a child abuse scandal onto a football coach. Why would anything be different with Sue?

Because nobody is paying attention. SuePa's presence will change that.

Furthermore, I heard on good authority that Ganim is working on a piece that will tie JVP to the MSU sexual abuse scandal. It has something to do with a phone conversation that Duffy Daugherty had with Joe when he (Duffy) was serving as a TV color analyst. Joe failed to launch an investigation and Nasser went on to abuse dozens of young gymnasts and an as yet untold number of MSU varsity female athletes.
Paterno, when told of suspicions of abuse at MSU by his confused and troubled friend Duffy, purportedly responded, "ah don't bother me with that nonsense, I have a football season to prepare for. Besides, I'm busy master minding a cover up for my DC Sandusky right here in State College."

PS if the years of DDs work as an analyst and Nasser's employment don't match up.....not a problem Sara Ganim has leaped that sort of hurdle repeatedly.

Well Nasser did work with Bo Schembechler at UM, who was only hired because JVP turned down the job so he could continue to oversee the Sandusky cover up.

There is your connection, time for a front page ESPN article.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Well Nasser did work with Bo Schembechler at UM, who was only hired because JVP turned down the job so he could continue to oversee the Sandusky cover up.

There is your connection, time for a front page ESPN article.

Joe cast a complex web. We need a quality reporter like sara ganim to conduct an in-depth ( :eek: ) investigation.

Last edited:
I would like to nominate the following individuals for the bot. Could someone please indicate their graduation years?

Alice Pope
Jay Paterno
Sue Paterno

Thanks!

Bob asked a great question above. Via Google, I found the following graduation years from Penn State:

Alice Pope, 1979 (bachelor's degree; She also has a master's degree and a Ph.D. from Penn State)

Jay Paterno, 1990

Sue Paterno, 1962

Reactions: Zenophile
16299399_1843799772544380_2846546664956932775_n.jpg

My picks would be Barry, Jay and Sue. No offense to Robert, but the other three are in State College and I have doubts how much he could do from San Diego. Actually I have doubts how much ANY alumni BOT member can do, but how much fun would it be seeing Barry go off on the OGBOTs while Sue and Jay are staring them down?!

I think many of you miss the point. Sue is PSU more than any other person right now, with the possible exception of CJF, from a "brand" standpoint. At the same time, she is above reproach. She's also physically frail, at her age.

Also remember that the BOT is an accessory item for most of the board members that have real lives they need to protect when not spending PSU's money.

Can you imagine having to face her if you are one of the BOT members that screwed Joe? Can you imagine the optics of that? Can you imagine what it will do to their reputations outside of PSU?

SuePa being on the BOT would have profound affects.

Is Sue frail? She will be 77 on Feb. 14. I always had the impression she was in pretty good health for a person in their mid-to-late 70s. I can see her taking on a 3-year term and maintaining her relatively very good health throughout.

She seems to be out and about quite a bit, including at a number of PSU activities besides sports. Would her children support and encourage her to run for the BOT if she were frail?

But I don't know anything about her health. I just know from hearing about where she goes and what she stays active in that she continues to love PSU and works for its ongoing betterment.

Bob asked a great question above. Via Google, I found the following graduation years from Penn State:

Alice Pope, 1979 (bachelor's degree; She also has a master's degree and a Ph.D. from Penn State)

Jay Paterno, 1990

Sue Paterno, 1962

Jay is 1991.
I think Pope has the required number of nominations to get on the ballot.
I think in order to nominate, you need to use the person's full, formal name.
See the photo with the JoePa bobblehead in it for Jay's and Sue's full info.

Jay is 1991.
I think Pope has the required number of nominations to get on the ballot.
I think in order to nominate, you need to use the person's full, formal name.
See the photo with the JoePa bobblehead in it for Jay's and Sue's full info.

I wondered if it was 1991 since he played football through 1990, but a Penn State web page said that he graduated in 1990.

Is Sue frail? She will be 77 on Feb. 14. I always had the impression she was in pretty good health for a person in their mid-to-late 70s. I can see her taking on a 3-year term and maintaining her relatively very good health throughout.

She seems to be out and about quite a bit, including at a number of PSU activities besides sports. Would her children support and encourage her to run for the BOT if she were frail?

But I don't know anything about her health. I just know from hearing about where she goes and what she stays active in that she continues to love PSU and works for its ongoing betterment.

For a 77 year old, she seems to be doing great. But compared to Lubrano or Dunn or Lord, or McCombie, or Pope (etc.) she is frail

Normally I would say you were correct, but not when that women's husband covered up Child abuse for 120 years. Yes you heard me right, Ganim is now reporting that she has a witness who claims that Joe Paterno covered up their great great grandfather's abuse (and also killed his unicorn) in a previous life, to protect the football program in his next life.

Bernie McCue swears he saw Joe kill the Unicorn with his bare hands and has offered up exclusive pics to prove it

Loch-ness-monster_1466828i.jpg

bigfoot.jpg

ufo+evening.jpg

It may be deteriorating once she had to stop swimming in 2011(tic)

16299399_1843799772544380_2846546664956932775_n.jpg

My picks would be Barry, Jay and Sue. No offense to Robert, but the other three are in State College and I have doubts how much he could do from San Diego. Actually I have doubts how much ANY alumni BOT member can do, but how much fun would it be seeing Barry go off on the OGBOTs while Sue and Jay are staring them down?!
Done! Just sent my nominations in.

Sue is not frail. Although she recently had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, she is just fine and more involved than ever.

You have to be ****ing kidding me? With all of the self-dealing that goes on with current board members, you're concerned about jay and Sue having conflicts of interest? Actually, I'm not surprised.

Absolutely serious, and it created a problem for Al Lord. It is no conflict if they wouldn't vote on or participate in any decision relating to Spanier, Freeh, etc. That means that they, the Alumni, lose two votes.

If they would drop the Paterno et al. vs. NCAA suit, that would remove at least some of that.

It is rather comical how certain posters are now all the sudden worried about conflicts of interest and fiduciary responsibility.

No, if fact I was pointing the problem with Al Lord. He has been a trustee for 3 years.

Seriously? At this point who the hell cares about what outsiders think - what can they do to psu that they haven't already been done in the last 5 years?

they?....our biggest problem (at least originally) was us?...our own BOT. so yeah....i down with some Paternos on the BOT. but...I'm just not going be naive on how that'll be perceived....the whole Jay/Sue restoring JoePa's name, bringing back the statue (for ex).......not that I don't want that to happen or anything.....but it'll be perceived to be very self-serving.....which it would be, right?

My position is that I don't give a damn about perception. Come hell or high water It's about doing right by the man who built the university - Joe Paterno.

they?....our biggest problem (at least originally) was us?...our own BOT. so yeah....i down with some Paternos on the BOT. but...I'm just not going be naive on how that'll be perceived....the whole Jay/Sue restoring JoePa's name, bringing back the statue (for ex).......not that I don't want that to happen or anything.....but it'll be perceived to be very self-serving.....which it would be, right?

Well this should be interesting. :D

Scott Paterno is tweeting to Onward State, asking if Jay and Sue have confirmed their intent to run (as well as asking about a potential rules infraction by having a "highly-placed" PSU source confirming the info to the media).
Seems as though there may be some conflicting assumptions at this point. It will all sort out soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT