ADVERTISEMENT

Hasn't box been stacked by all opponents this year? First time Barkley couldn't make them pay

Yboby

Dec 7, 2002
Would like to know what was different today. It seemed like Barkley wasn't trying to bounce outside the way he usually does.

Would like to know what was different today. It seemed like Barkley wasn't trying to bounce outside the way he usually does.
Right. I'd like to understand what was different about today's game.

Not an expert, but it looked like the MD defense was more extreme in packing in the box and utilizing blitzes; PSU receivers on the outside were getting single coverage. It was a high risk approach that often worked and sometimes didn't.

Reactions: EPC FAN
I agree. Barkley didn't seem to be "right" today. Can't put my finger on it, but didn't seem to have that "bounce" in his step. Overall I think last weeks game took it's toll mentally and physically. Seemed like the entire team was off today.

Not an expert, but it looked like the MD defense was more extreme in packing in the box and utilizing blitzes; PSU receivers on the outside were getting single coverage. It was a high risk approach that often worked and sometimes didn't.

Agree, they were stacked in tight. Do we have a pitch or sweep in the playbook? Guess not, based on the playcalling.

Reactions: bmw199
I agree. Barkley didn't seem to be "right" today. Can't put my finger on it, but didn't seem to have that "bounce" in his step. Overall I think last weeks game took it's toll mentally and physically. Seemed like the entire team was off today.

You see this all the time in college football. There is an ebb and flow to a season. There are emotional differences for each game. This is the second road game in a row and last week was a prime time game in Columbus against the #1 team in the country. Barkley played his ass off. The whole team battled hard the whole game. They were just over matched. Follow that with a road game at Maryland and there is bound to be a let down.

Reactions: richmin3
Barkley was fine...the game plan wasn't. If we had Barkley slide out either to the left or right outside of the blitzing DE's for a short pass.......it would have been a very different day.

at the end of tOSU game I think he was somewhat re-injured. today he also looked to be hurting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT