ADVERTISEMENT

Has the defense really been tested yet? Indinia won't be doing it.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
I couldn't find a uniform statistical base for opponent comparisons but what I did find leads me to believe that Indinia doesn't pose much threat.

First, Wisconsin and Auburn's passing offenses are completely atrocious, ranking 179th and 125th in a Yahoo sports database. So bad, you might say that they're offensive. On the other hand, they both run the ball fairly well, ranking 60th and 18th overall. Both ran the ball well on us. However, they sorely lack balance and it showed in our games with them.

Neither Ball State nor Villanova are in that database. Both of those teams' QBs complete over 62% of their passes. Daniel Smith may be the best QB the team has faced so far. Neither team should realistically be able to challenge our defense and they didn't.

Indinia ranks 164th in rushing and 122nd in passing. Pennix has thrown for four TDs and six INTs, averaging a completion rate of 55%. Neither of their principal RBs averages over four yards a carry. I just can't see them getting it done on Saturday night. They got thumped by Iowa to start the season and wound up choking on a 14 point lead in route to a 38-24 home loss to Cincy.

sport

Reactions: NedFromYork
I suppose what I'm saying is that we haven't been tested by a good balanced offense yet. Indinia is balanced. They aren't good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT