ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh and Day: Cant win the big one.

Wrong board - you need to share the loss with your fellow UM fans - do you care what PSU thinks about UM or OSU - I guess you do.
It's amazing how this entire board has been on to this Michigan troll all season long and he keeps up the failed fake front...

Reactions: joeaubie21
Um who's living in past? Last year has nothing to do with this year and additionally it's the only year on record they've ever had more picks than Ohio State....Complete outlier..... And they won't have more top end picks than Ohio State this year and Ohio State's best player isn't even eligible. Marvin Harrison took Ringo from a top 40 pick to 3rd day pick last night.
Stop slobbering over Georgia having a couple DLineman as #1 picks in consecutive years. Clemson did the same thing a few years ago, Alabama and Ohio State do it nearly annually.
Everything you post is a house of cards, I know there is a politics board but maybe you should find a stand up comic board.
You literally just talked about players currently in the NFL
It wasn't an outlier--it's the trajectory of a program in year under Smart
Ringo isn't now a day 3 pick lmao
Let's see which program has more guys drafted in the next four years--for some reason you'll be surprised.

It's great entertainment listening to Herbie call a OSU game trying to appear unbiased. He works hard at it but fails when you hear his voice change tone after a big play against the bucks. OSU should have won the game and would have had Harrison not got injured leaving them without him on that final drive.
He gives himself away with the difference in his voice, and how he knows every little thing about all 99 players on the Ohio State roster.

It's amazing how this entire board has been on to this Michigan troll all season long and he keeps up the failed fake front...
To clarify--today I'm a Michigan fan?
The fact that this board thinks I'm a fan of every team should have you all comprehend that I'm a college football fan that roots for Penn State (and Northwestern) instead of a Penn State fan that hates college football because it's not the 80s still

To clarify--today I'm a Michigan fan?
The fact that this board thinks I'm a fan of every team should have you all comprehend that I'm a college football fan that roots for Penn State (and Northwestern) instead of a Penn State fan that hates college football because it's not the 80s still
Lol. A Northwestern fan that spends 100 percent of his time trolling on a Penn State board.

Did Nick Saban die?
People often forget LSU has the 2nd most titles this century and the 2nd most players in the NFL. Georgia is the best team in the SEC the same way Michigan is the best team in the Big 10....They aren't. It's great to be up ever once and while just ask Michigan.

The student has surpassed him
Hahahaha, you're really on today!
Alumni Dabo surpassed him too a few years ago too. Georgia is Clemson. Same scenario. Basically same results. Even Michigan got up for a couple years. If they can do it anyone can!
Johnny Come Lately what have ya done for me lately?

The student has surpassed him
This is seriously one of the funniest posts ever. Nick Saban won a title two years ago and two of the last five and 3 of the last 7 and 5 of the last 10. What's he supposed to do win it every year? I mean he's lost it 3 times in the last 10 years too. He's gotten there 8 of the last 10 times, but yeah Smart surpassed him. Unreal. Completely detached from reality. This isn't PS3, it's real life and I know that's hard for you to comprehend.
Guess who's gonna be the favorite to win the 2023 National Title?

Hahahaha, you're really on today!
Alumni Dabo surpassed him too a few years ago too. Georgia is Clemson. Same scenario. Basically same results. Even Michigan got up for a couple years. If they can do it anyone can!
Johnny Come Lately what have ya done for me lately?
Georgia isn't remotely Clemson

This is seriously one of the funniest posts ever. Nick Saban won a title two years ago and two of the last five and 3 of the last 7 and 5 of the last 10. What's he supposed to do win it every year? I mean he's lost it 3 times in the last 10 years too. He's gotten there 8 of the last 10 times, but yeah Smart surpassed him. Unreal. Completely detached from reality. This isn't PS3, it's real life and I know that's hard for you to comprehend.
Guess who's gonna be the favorite to win the 2023 National Title?
Depends what happens with the portal but Georgia or Bama

It is amazing the lack of success Ohio State and Michigan have when they are away from Big 10 refs.

All time bowl records (NY 6 defined as: Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton) :

Penn State: 30-19-2; NY 6: 15-6-1
Joe Paterno: 24-12-1; NY 6: 13-4
Ohio State: 28-28; NY 6: 21-15
Michigan: 21-29; NY 6: 10-18
This is some amazing info that needs a bump.
I've said it for years nobody does less with more than Ohio State and Michigan is a complete non factor, regardless of their success the past two years. The Big 10 bias, which is real, ultimately hurts both programs. Look at how the Big 10 has destroyed their relevance in college basketball too as an AD just called them out on. The Big 10 isn't in it for the group and that's a damn shame.

Look at how the Big 10 has destroyed their relevance in college basketball too as an AD just called them out on. The Big 10 isn't in it for the group and that's a damn shame.
I'm sorry it was Maryland's basketball coach not AD. He's right, it unacceptable that the B1G hasn't won a basketball title in 22 years. Terrible. The B1G brass really need to examine themselves.

But they can sure beat up on us.
Exactly:

PSU is exactly 1 fortunate bounce on a blocked FG away from being on an 11 game losing streak vs OSU. They are 4 and 6 against Michigan including wins against some truly horrible Michigan teams.

Exactly:

PSU is exactly 1 fortunate bounce on a blocked FG away from being on an 11 game losing streak vs OSU. They are 4 and 6 against Michigan including wins against some truly horrible Michigan teams.
I’ve never understood a current member of Nittany Nation ridiculing another school’s coach for failure to win a big game. Look at our Head Coach’s record in similar circumstances. Let’s just say it ain’t good, and doesn’t even include a playoff appearance in which to lose.

I’ve never understood a current member of Nittany Nation ridiculing another school’s coach for failure to win a big game. Look at our Head Coach’s record in similar circumstances. Let’s just say it ain’t good, and doesn’t even include a playoff appearance in which to lose.
The Day/Harbaugh comments are funny. It's like people like we are Bama or Georgia.
We need to start beating Michigan and Ohio State regularly. Starting the year with 2 losses shouldn't be acceptable.

The Day/Harbaugh comments are funny. It's like people like we are Bama or Georgia.
We need to start beating Michigan and Ohio State regularly. Starting the year with 2 losses shouldn't be acceptable.
You’re preaching to the choir, sir. I’ve been stating this for 20 years, and some members of the Nittany Nation call me obsessed or other less-flattering things. As I’ve stated numerous times, there are 3 metrics to measure on-field success for PSU football:

1. Beat UM
2. Beat OSU
3. Win the conference championship.

those are the 3, only 3, and only those 3. PSU, sadly, has been lousy in all 3.

You’re preaching to the choir, sir. I’ve been stating this for 20 years, and some members of the Nittany Nation call me obsessed or other less-flattering things. As I’ve stated numerous times, there are 3 metrics to measure on-field success for PSU football:

1. Beat UM
2. Beat OSU
3. Win the conference championship.

those are the 3, only 3, and only those 3. PSU, sadly, has been lousy in all 3.
And you need to win about 95% of the other games. 9-3 should be unacceptable. 10-2 should be "okay but we need to do better". 11-1 or 12-0 should be the goal. See how Bama reacts to a 10-2 season. That's how we should or else we'll never truly be a great program and we haven't been one in decades.

It seemed like UM played the first half like the game was going to be an easy W for them. Then they realized that they were in a real fight. That's a huge failure on the part of Harbaugh IMO.
Michigan got too cute with their playcalling. They needed to pound the ball and wear out TCU. Once they let TCU dictate the pace of play and Michigan began to play TCU's game, it became a dogfight.

And you need to win about 95% of the other games. 9-3 should be unacceptable. 10-2 should be "okay but we need to do better". 11-1 or 12-0 should be the goal. See how Bama reacts to a 10-2 season. That's how we should or else we'll never truly be a great program and we haven't been one in decades.
Sadly, I neither believe Penn State will do what it takes to be a great program again, nor do I believe a large percentage of our fanbase wants Penn State to do what it takes to be a great program again. As a collective, we seem content with being the 3rd best program in the conference, with a very occasional title (4 in 30 years).

they live in the “we do it the right way, graduation rate” fantasy world, hoping to re-conjure that 70s and 80s magic of PSU football. All that “Success with Honor” anachronistic argle-bargle that seems to neglect the “Success” part of the equation.

Sadly, I neither believe Penn State will do what it takes to be a great program again, nor do I believe a large percentage of our fanbase wants Penn State to do what it takes to be a great program again. As a collective, we seem content with being the 3rd best program in the conference, with a very occasional title (4 in 30 years).

they live in the “we do it the right way, graduation rate” fantasy world, hoping to re-conjure that 70s and 80s magic of PSU football. All that “Success with Honor” anachronistic argle-bargle that seems to neglect the “Success” part of the equation.
As great as Paterno was he did what he needed to do in order to lower expectations and not have to worry when they had down years. It was brilliant. Unfortunately years after he's gone people refuse to acknowledge it for what it was. Success with Honor never existed.

It's even more comical when the same people that buy into that bash Dabo for his NIL comments which is exactly something Paterno would have said.

It’s easy. Michigan was head and shoulders better than TCU. Stupid play calling and poor play. The discussion is not about Franklins inability to get in the playoffs. If you would like to start another thread on that go ahead.

It’s easy. Michigan was head and shoulders better than TCU. Stupid play calling and poor play. The discussion is not about Franklins inability to get in the playoffs. If you would like to start another thread on that go ahead.
But they're all related. If Harbaugh and Day suck/can't win a big game what does that say about Franklin who lost to both of them this year enabling them to make the playoff?

I was switching back and forth from the Yellowstone marathon of previous episodes and the Buckeyes' game. Got a little confused sometimes.

6fa8e14e88fc86dc4b41e7fa09cf60d914aadf03.png

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT