ADVERTISEMENT

Good recruiting day yesterday....

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
picked up a couple of 3 star bourbons, a 4 star vodka, a couple of 4 star gins, a 5 star scotch and a 3 star Tonic Water - a relatively low star rating, but is a position of immediate need. Took a look at a 2 star six pack of beer, but decided to pass as the game plan doesn't really require beer, so it's not a position of need. If there is room, and still some interest, then maybe can offer further down the line.

These are all strong commits..

#Roisbetter

Perhaps a good bottle of wine as a preferred walk on?
Currently recruiting Northern California for a 4/5 star outside cabernet. Tough to get that kind of talent out of the Napa region, but we have a good cheese program here on campus, which the cabernet would be interested in. The cheese program is hard, but we feel the cabernet would fit right in.

Reactions: JoeLion and brupsu
Watch out Fortamah Fulbah, that big Sapp kid from Florida is comin for ya. He's 260 pounds proud, don't be scared!

Currently recruiting Northern California for a 4/5 star outside cabernet. Tough to get that kind of talent out of the Napa region, but we have a good cheese program here on campus, which the cabernet would be interested in. The cheese program is hard, but we feel the cabernet would fit right in.

If you really want to compete, you're going to have to recruit the south and get some 'shine. When it comes to immediate impact, nothing beats that southern speed.

I was able to get a commitment from a 30 pack or Rolling Rock last weekend. Solid 3 star beer that can be useful to create a solid drunk. I was able to secure a commitment from a 6 pack of 5 star Sierra Nevada Torpedo. It’s a twitchy beer. Fast acting, flashy while also being fundamentally sound. The kind of beer that makes an immediate impact.
I think you can build a solid drunk with Rolling Rock. You don’t get to an embarrassing drunk with some Torpedo on your squad.

Reactions: bison13 and BBrown
I was able to get a commitment from a 30 pack or Rolling Rock last weekend. Solid 3 star beer that can be useful to create a solid drunk. I was able to secure a commitment from a 6 pack of 5 star Sierra Nevada Torpedo. It’s a twitchy beer. Fast acting, flashy while also being fundamentally sound. The kind of beer that makes an immediate impact.
I think you can build a solid drunk with Rolling Rock. You don’t get to an embarrassing drunk with some Torpedo on your squad.

Sierra makes some very, very good beer. Their Kellerweis is excellent.
I wont drink RR after it moved from Latrobe.

I was able to get a commitment from a 30 pack or Rolling Rock last weekend. Solid 3 star beer that can be useful to create a solid drunk.

You’re using the wrong ranking system. Composite two star. Career special teamer at best. Most likely maxes out as scout team captain.

Meanwhile chris peak reported pitt picked up a couple of 1 star 6ers of iron city, a two star mason jar of fayette county moonshine and an unranked bottle of MD 20/20.
But they have more character and they work harder.

Reactions: bison13
Rolling Rock? Sierra Nevada? Puhleeze. Strictly FCS level talent.

I secured an unofficial visit from a high four star local six pack -- Troegs First Cut. Plays the Mango IPA position. Has the hoppy flavors without the bitterness and the mango adds just enough flavor to taste it without dominating the taste buds.

I have an official visit scheduled soon (twelve pack) and by mid summer, I'm hoping to get a verbal commitment (keg) at the family pool party.

It's an exciting time for recruiting for sure.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I secured an unofficial visit from a high four star local six pack -- Troegs First Cut. Plays the Mango IPA position. Has the hoppy flavors without the bitterness and the mango adds just enough flavor to taste it without dominating the taste buds.

I have an official visit scheduled soon (twelve pack) and by mid summer, I'm hoping to get a verbal commitment (keg) at the family pool party.

It's an exciting time for recruiting for sure.
Summer is good time for getting close with those recruits you may need for the future.

Joe always liked recruiting scotches. The 21 year old were always better than the 18 year olds, so there was never much pressure to start the freshmen

Reactions: MJG-90 and LionJim
You’re using the wrong ranking system. Composite two star. Career special teamer at best. Most likely maxes out as scout team captain.
Talking about Rolling Rock I assume? I believe it to be the best of the blue collar beers. A solid 3 star. Of course beer recruiting services will vary in their assessments. It’s what makes beer drinking fun.

picked up a couple of 3 star bourbons, a 4 star vodka, a couple of 4 star gins, a 5 star scotch and a 3 star Tonic Water - a relatively low star rating, but is a position of immediate need. Took a look at a 2 star six pack of beer, but decided to pass as the game plan doesn't really require beer, so it's not a position of need. If there is room, and still some interest, then maybe can offer further down the line.

#Roisbetter
We got 7 verbals yesterday?

Rolling Rock? Sierra Nevada? Puhleeze. Strictly FCS level talent.
I can understand undervaluing Rolling Rock. It doesn’t jump out at you on tape. I consider Sierra Nevada to be one of the blue blood brewers though. All they do is churn out high quality beers, like an IMG of breweries.

Reactions: psuro and BBrown
I can understand undervaluing Rolling Rock. It doesn’t jump out at you on tape. I consider Sierra Nevada to be one of the blue blood brewers though. All they do is churn out high quality beers, like an IMG of breweries.

Agree. Sierra Nevada beers, across the board, are pretty good and then they have some real stand outs.

Talking about Rolling Rock I assume? I believe it to be the best of the blue collar beers. A solid 3 star. Of course beer recruiting services will vary in their assessments. It’s what makes beer drinking fun.

Yes that's the part of your original post that I quoted. I think Yuengling is the best of the blue collar beers. Don't know why. Maybe because so many of my friends stock it so that's what I drink when I'm at their homes.

I'm no beer snob (despite my love of craft beers, I think I'm flexible) -- I posted a pic of my fridge full of various light beers (that were purchased for friends to drink during Stanley Cup Playoff games that never materialized this year). Since they are there, I've consumed a few. Some are better than others (I actually like the Moosehead Light). But last time I had Rolling Rock, I couldn't finish it without making a horrible face as I just chugged it to get it down.

In Greene County in the 60s and 70s every Hunky wedding had Rolling Rock as their beer of choice. Meaning it was Rolling Rock or nothing. Needless to say I got smashed on RR a lot during that time period. I'm glad we've upgraded to Busch Light in the 2000s in Greene County.

Reactions: bison13
In Greene County in the 60s and 70s every Hunky wedding had Rolling Rock as their beer of choice. Meaning it was Rolling Rock or nothing. Needless to say I got smashed on RR a lot during that time period. I'm glad we've upgraded to Busch Light in the 2000s in Greene County.
Im sure there are quite a few stills making shine over in Bobtown and Dunkard

Reactions: BBrown

#Roisbetter
No photos? I thought we had rules about such things.

Yes that's the part of your original post that I quoted. I think Yuengling is the best of the blue collar beers. Don't know why. Maybe because so many of my friends stock it so that's what I drink when I'm at their homes.

I'm no beer snob (despite my love of craft beers, I think I'm flexible) -- I posted a pic of my fridge full of various light beers (that were purchased for friends to drink during Stanley Cup Playoff games that never materialized this year). Since they are there, I've consumed a few. Some are better than others (I actually like the Moosehead Light). But last time I had Rolling Rock, I couldn't finish it without making a horrible face as I just chugged it to get it down.
It’s just personal taste. I don’t care for Yuengling. Has some sort of a bite to it that doesn’t sit well with me. I consider Yuengling to be a Jimmy Clausen level beer recruit. A lot of hype built up around it and then when it shows up in your area you’re left completely underwhelmed. I still consider Rolling Rock to have a crispness other 3 star beers don’t contain.

Reactions: TheGLOV and MJG-90
It’s just personal taste. I don’t care for Yuengling. Has some sort of a bite to it that doesn’t sit well with me. I consider Yuengling to be a Jimmy Clausen level beer recruit. A lot of hype built up around it and then when it shows up in your area you’re left completely underwhelmed. I still consider Rolling Rock to have a crispness other 3 star beers don’t contain.
It is just personal taste...I really like Yuengling but I think Rolling Rock is absolutely disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT