ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State heads out to the Midwest to face Indiana

You don't know if PSU will lose recruits or not. FInishing poorly does lead to losing recruits and Franklin has a history of losing recruits. And if PSU was really playing to develop the team going forward Franklin would have Allar out there playing. Either way Clifford is not playing well today and any coach playing to win would have benched him after one of the 5 turnovers he directly has had in the last 5 quarters.
You play to win the game. You don’t give up on a season because of two losses and bench a senior for a freshman (unless you think the freshman gives you a better chance to win now). I’d never send my kid to a program that throws in the towel at 6-2.

Yep and we lose them for losing to teams like Indiana. But keep trying to talk your way out of the stupid statements you make.
We don't know. Recruits see us losing to Indiana and other low-lever schools as a fluke or potentially their opportunity to play early. Top recruits see the gap between us and Ohio State/Michigan and they realize it's time to jump.

Do you truly believe recruits care more about this game than watching Michigan embarrass us?

You play to win the game. You don’t give up on a season because of two losses and bench a senior for a freshman (unless you think the freshman gives you a better chance to win now). I’d never send my kid to a program that throws in the towel at 6-2.
What are we playing for right now? Division, Conference and playoff are all gone, right?

If the wind in Bloomington is anything like it is here in Chicago they shouldn't be throwing deep. Saw gusts knock a few people over walking down the street earlier.

Our coaches have completely given up the ability to utilize a slant route or throw reliably to the TE's. We live and die on deep go routes it feels like.

Reactions: psu00
Yep, and no matter what QB is out there the team will be playing to win and not "throwing in the towel". But with Clifford's performance the last game and a half it's hard to believe that Allar would not have as least as good of a chance to lead this team against IU, and the benefit for the future of PSU football is obvious.

You’re a moron. Can you leave? Your ****ing act is getting old
What are we playing for? What part of what I said was wrong?
Can we win the division?
Can we win the conference?
Can we make the playoff?
So--we're playing to get a better meaningless bowl game?

Theo Johnson just took a big late hit, looked rather clean from a helmet-to-helmet stand point. It was called unnecessary roughness. Also notable, Sean Clifford horribly overthew Johnson on the play.

Yep, and no matter what QB is out there the team will be playing to win and not "throwing in the towel". But with Clifford's performance the last game and a half it's hard to believe that Allar would not have as least as good of a chance to lead this team against IU, and the benefit for the future of PSU football is obvious.
I misread your original post. I apologize.

Reactions: GregInPitt
We don't know. Recruits see us losing to Indiana and other low-lever schools as a fluke or potentially their opportunity to play early. Top recruits see the gap between us and Ohio State/Michigan and they realize it's time to jump.

Do you truly believe recruits care more about this game than watching Michigan embarrass us?
I didn't say "we don't know". I said YOU don't know. And recruits don't see it as a fluke when it happens year after year.

The gap between PSU and OSU/UM is no different today than it was before ANY of the 2023 recruits committed. Recruits had every reason to believe PSU would not compete with those teams based on the previous year, but PSU was actually competitive with OSU as anyone that watched the game would know.

It's not about caring more. It's about the performances that add up to negativity that other coaches use to flip recruits, including getting blown out by UM as well as not blowing out suck teams and actually potentially losing to suck teams. But keep trying to talk your way out of the stupid statements you make. You double and triple down on the stupid statements you make which is why I generally don't converse with you. Bye.

Reactions: mcpat
What are we playing for? What part of what I said was wrong?
Can we win the division?
Can we win the conference?
Can we make the playoff?
So--we're playing to get a better meaningless bowl game?
Thats silly.

We are playing for the best possible record.

Everyone knows tha the best we can do is a good bowl game.

Even if only marginally so, 10-2 >. 9-3

Thats silly.

We are playing for the best possible record.

Everyone knows tha the best we can do is a good bowl game.

Even if only marginally so, 10-2 >. 9-3
Right. We want the best record but if lose what's the impact? I don't understand why anyone is confused by this

I also don't know why people still pretend bowl games matter

Allen is a bull!!!!

And it's great to see Shelton out there getting experience at OT, the position on offense with the least depth and the position it seems PSU has the hardest time recruiting top talent.

You’re a moron. Can you leave? Your ****ing act is getting old

Uhhhhhhh..... yea, it was old several weeks ago - like all the posing-fan trolls.

Why would a team keep playing for a Top 10 Ranking and a NY6 Bowl Bid??? Only douche-bag ASWPer boy posing-troll knows.

Singleton may be the bigger homerun threat but Allen is more consistent
Singleton needs some more time and it makes sense. Singleton his whole life has been able to get by on his tools alone, he didn't face a ton of strong talent growing up. Allen came out of a powerhouse known for producing running backs, he needed to be a much more complete back in high school than Singleton.

Reactions: psu_andy and mcpat
I was sitting with a lot of Ohio State fans last week. Someone asked me about Singleton. I said he’s been great but Allen has been just as impressive, if not more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT