ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State takes on Indiana after Big Ten Tournament victory

Terrible night shooting is because of the quality of shots they were getting. Ware was suffocating Wahab all night and once we lost both Kern & Wahab it was a huge uphill battle.

I agree about Rhoades but next year comes down to him being able to convince Baldwin to return and being able to pick up a big PF in the portal. We'll have a big problem without those 2 pieces.
They got very good looks. Just weren't hitting them. Some were contested inside, but they had the shot there for the taking. They just missed.

It was an awful, awful shooting night ... just about the only way they could lose to Indiana. They pulled off the miracle.

Would have been nice to see us pull this off but not in the cards. Once Wahab went out I figured Ware would burn us and sure enough that is the difference.

Rhoades did a good job this year and he needs to build on this and at least get above .500 next season. An NIT bid would be nice and of course always hoping to dance. Getting Ace to return is key and we need a big man to replace Wahab. Other holes but those are the biggest areas.

What we really need is for just about everyone who can come back, to get back in here. After last year’s virtual entire roster turnover, some stability would be nice. Add a mobile, thick big, and you have something.

Man Ace was great on defense but that was about as poor of an offensive night as he’s ever had. None of his shots rolled in all night.
It happens. They were inconsistent all year but they were fighters. All in all I’d say that they exceeded expectations and some groundwork was put down. This coach has some more work to do. If he can keep pulling in a collection of players to add like these, they will be going somewhere.

Reactions: NC2017
They got very good looks. Just weren't hitting them. Some were contested inside, but they had the shot there for the taking. They just missed.

It was an awful, awful shooting night ... just about the only way they could lose to Indiana. They pulled off the miracle.
Wahab had every shot contested. Kern was 2-2 from 3pt range which was a bonus because he's a poor perimeter shooter. The problem is he got swallowed up when he tried to penetrate. Hicks was 3-7 from 3 pt range which is decent. The only bad perimeter shooting I saw was Baldwin who was 0-7 from 3. A couple of those were forced but a couple were good shots. Making 1 or 2 of of those shots would have made the difference.

Wahab had every shot contested. Kern was 2-2 from 3pt range which was a bonus because he's a poor perimeter shooter. The problem is he got swallowed up when he tried to penetrate. Hicks was 3-7 from 3 pt range which is decent. The only bad perimeter shooting I saw was Baldwin who was 0-7 from 3. A couple of those were forced but a couple were good shots. Making 1 or 2 of of those shots would have made the difference.
Pretty unbelievable Wahab couldn't hit one shot. I get they were contested but missing every one? And then add to that Ace's horrible shooting and certainly a recipe for a loss. Ironically though if Wahab had been in there on defense (I know he fouled out) to grab a rebound it goes to OT or we win it at the end.

A big on the blocks should expect to have every shot contested, unless you get a lucky rebound or a lob pass dunk situation. Wahab had the looks ... he just missed. We had a ton of blown layups ... they weren't bunnies, but they weren't wild desperation attempts, either ... most/half should have gone down. We had the looks ... we just didn't convert. Any number of aspects of the shooting game goes our way last night and we win the game, despite being overall atrocious in the shooting department. A team average night is a double-digit victory. They were off ... it happens ... but they were REALLY off.

A big on the blocks should expect to have every shot contested, unless you get a lucky rebound or a lob pass dunk situation. Wahab had the looks ... he just missed. We had a ton of blown layups ... they weren't bunnies, but they weren't wild desperation attempts, either ... most/half should have gone down. We had the looks ... we just didn't convert. Any number of aspects of the shooting game goes our way last night and we win the game, despite being overall atrocious in the shooting department. A team average night is a double-digit victory. They were off ... it happens ... but they were REALLY off.
Gotta believe we would have given Nebby a much better game than Indiana did. That was pathetic defense on their part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT