ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State takes on Indiana after Big Ten Tournament victory

PSU -7.

Wow, how far Indiana basketball has fallen. I know many of their fans have been sharpening their pitchforks this season and they've taken the losses to PSU hard. Hope we end their season tonight and put them out of their misery for the year.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
PSU -7.

Wow, how far Indiana basketball has fallen. I know many of their fans have been sharpening their pitchforks this season and they've taken the losses to PSU hard. Hope we end their season tonight and put them out of their misery for the year.
This line doesn't make sense, considering that IU has been hot ever since PSU beat them about three weeks ago. Just last Sunday they beat MSU in a game in which Galloway got hurt early in the first half.

Reactions: bison13
PSU -7.

The line is wrong...we're currently -1.5.

Ware has been really good as of late and Xavier Johnson is a good point guard, 6th year guy I think and a leader of the team. They did not have Johnson for either of our games. They have a guy who can hit 3s although their stats are abysmal from 3 range. If they get hot hitting 3s then we are in serious trouble. This game could either way. We are lucky Galloway is out or Indiana probably wins.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Galloway and Lilley both officially questionable…I believe that we won’t see either tonight.

Line has settled in at Indiana -1 to -1.5.

PSU -7.

I saw -1.5

They shouldn't keep going to Wahab and having him force the issue when he's currently not comfortable. Let him get an easy one in the flow of the game to get back on track. You keep pushing it and it's going to effect him for the rest of the game as it gets into his head.

PSU 21% from the floor. IU 44% from the floor. PSU only down 5. PSU should pull away pretty easily as they heat up ... unless they went out partying last night and have nothing left in the tank already.

We continue to get good looks…cut down on their easy ones in the paint and make them shoot over us, continue getting these looks, hold our own on the glass, and we’ll be ok.

Love that Rhoades/Ace iso Wahab in the post on Ware after he picked up his second… do it again!

PSU -7.

What’s the story on the US flags on the uniform? Looks good. I like it.

PSU 21% from the floor. IU 44% from the floor. PSU only down 5. PSU should pull away pretty easily as they heat up ... unless they went out partying last night and have nothing left in the tank already.
Well, down 5 at the break.

Think we shot poorly in the first half, but settled in and playing relatively well…Indiana’s size really gives us issues.

Refs trying to make sure everyone knows the game is about them. Swallow your whistles, guys. And hopefully it gets stuck sideways going down.

Surprised they didn't call a charge on Puff when he went into the crowd. "Cameraman stood his ground."

Played them tough. One too many offensive rebound to allow (though with our lineup at the end, not unexpected). We really needed to hit a few more of those wide open looks in the first 10 minutes.

Interesting offseason ahead...really don't see how we can run it back with the exact same group. At a minimum, need to find a replacement for Wahab in the portal.

Baldwin & Wahab went 3-23 and both Kern & Wahab fouled out. It's amazing they hung in to the end.
Game score was closer than it looked. Terrible night of shooting.

Team played well second half of season. Good to build on, Coach Rhoades did pretty well considering all that happened.

We shall see how he does recruiting/portal without the late start and time restraints of last year.

Program seems to be in good hands. But it early. Next year will be interesting.

Reactions: bison13
Game score was closer than it looked. Terrible night of shooting.

Team played well second half of season. Good to build on, Coach Rhoades did pretty well considering all that happened.

We shall see how he does recruiting/portal without the late start and time restraints of last year.

Program seems to be in good hands. But it early. Next year will be interesting.
Terrible night shooting is because of the quality of shots they were getting. Ware was suffocating Wahab all night and once we lost both Kern & Wahab it was a huge uphill battle.

I agree about Rhoades but next year comes down to him being able to convince Baldwin to return and being able to pick up a big PF in the portal. We'll have a big problem without those 2 pieces.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT