ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State heads out to the Midwest to face Indiana

Where have all the loudmouth posing-trolls gone??? Yea, we really suck, we're outgaining IU 220 yards to 80 yards.... and holding IU to negative rushing yards.

Update, we end the half with 233 Total Offensive Yards to IU's 72 yards. IU had -6 yards rushing for the half. PSU 24-7...... you'd never know that PSU was dominating like that due to the way the monitors allow the posing-trolls spew their bullshit and ruin every thread - including the gameday thread. Disappointing that the monitors let these assholes ruin the thread for everyone else.

Reactions: mcpat and PSU621
I watched JB Nelson’s film. Has a nasty SOB on the field. If you get a chance watch his film. He’s what we need on the OL.
Yep, which is why I'm hoping he can still redshirt this season, along with Shelton, to form a couple players for next season's OL.

I can't remember how many games Nelson has played. Anyone know?

This is Shelton's 3rd game I believe.

Nick Singleton is going to be working on ladder drills all offseason. Not sure I've ever seen someone be a split second away from taking a carry the distance but slipping or tripping right before he gets past the OL.

Still going to be a very good RB in the future though.

Leroy Thompson....... Old-Schoolers will know who I'm referring to.

Yep, which is why I'm hoping he can still redshirt this season, along with Shelton, to form a couple players for next season's OL.

I can't remember how many games Nelson has played. Anyone know?

This is Shelton's 3rd game I believe.
JB was a Juco transfer with 3 years eligibility. Not sure he can redshirt. He’s gonna be a monster!

Update, we end the half with 233 Total Offensive Yards to IU's 72 yards. IU had -6 yards rushing for the half. PSU 24-7...... you'd never know that PSU was dominating like that due to the way the monitors allow the posing-trolls spew their bullshit and ruin every thread - including the gameday thread. Disappointing that the monitors let these assholes ruin the thread for everyone else.
Wait, we aren’t losing?

I like how some of the younger OLine look today
I know it’s against lesser competition but they look athletic
I also like the jumbo run packages we are seeing.
Gives RB a chance to hit hole at top speed instead of getting the hand off flat footed

Let them talk!

So what?

It isn’t even perfectly clear that some are trolls.

• Sad
Reactions: mcpat
Dang. What was A&M ranked when the season started?

Edit: cause they’re 3-6 now

IU is likely going to just start holding every snap….not getting called so why not?

If there is no impact to losing, why even play the game risking injury to players and the expense of the game. Why not just have a Saturday flip a coin day to establish won/lose records? Do you or have you ever played sports or participated in any game? If you did did you just play for participation trophies?
This is honestly the least logical response possible. If my stated goals are to contend for titles isn't it pretending that winning or losing this game is about participation trophies? As a player, you still play for pride and to improve but the season's over in terms of accomplishing anything meaningful

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Let them talk!

So what?

It isn’t even perfectly clear that some are trolls.

No, their clearly PSU fans when they say stupid shit like it doesn't matter if we lose the rest of our games and even if we go 10-2 and to a NY6 Bowl, it's a bad season.

If we're talking about what I believe should happen, no. If I was Franklin, I'd give Allar the entire second half. This game is over unless Penn State's offense completely collapses and Indiana's offensive line suddenly finds out how to block.
So surprising that you were wrong

No, their clearly PSU fans when they say stupid shit like it doesn't matter if we lose the rest of our games and even if we go 10-2 and to a NY6 Bowl, it's a bad season.
Because some of us aren't stuck in the past and accept bowls are meaningless

Drives me nuts when a receiver runs a route 2 yards short of the marker. We rarely get YAC.

I understand that winning is good for recruiting but it makes no sense that Allar isn't getting reps. What is Franklin thinking?

Reactions: tlbakernc
Seriously, when the playoff expands to 12 are people going to be happy with a bowl game then?

There’s a whole half left and turnovers are a great equalizer….game is far from over.
Sure but it would take a complete collapse and Indiana can't block offensively. The game is over if they can avoid a repeat of last weekend.

But as someone who like you all has watched Penn State games my entire life, yes, I get it, Penn State games are truly never over until the fat lady sings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT