ADVERTISEMENT

Game day tickets

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Are tickets paperless now? This just dawned on me. I have always bought tickets game day. Can you still do this and how? I am planning on attending the Ball State game on my way to a vacation in New England.

• Haha
Reactions: PearlSUJam
Mary, I think the paperless tickets are easier to get, although will be highly dependent on how well the wifi works around Beaver Stadium. Make sure you have the Penn State app on your phone. You can buy on ticketmaster and download to your phone almost instantly, again, as long as you have reception. My guess is that you can walk over onto campus and reception will be better. Buy the tickets and immediately put them into your apple wallet and you should be fine.

Reactions: PSU77sh
Mary, you can usually get game day tickets on StubHub, VividSeats, Seatgeek, TicketMaster and more. I am not 100% sure about PSU but you can usually get them on game days. They download them to your smart phone and you gain access by showing the bar code at the gate from your phone. If they don't do mobile, they will email them to you and you can print them off.

I did this a few years ago and bought tickets the night before. There are always people that have something come up and can't make it suddenly.

Just looked, Stubhub has tickets for as low as $22 for Ball State. There are two tickets, currently available, in lower level WB row 3 for $44.

Reactions: hlstone
Mary, I think the paperless tickets are easier to get, although will be highly dependent on how well the wifi works around Beaver Stadium.
You know what this means, right? Prior to arrival = cell service not fixed.

Reactions: Fizz1
You know what this means, right? Prior to arrival = cell service not fixed.
This is the biggest issue with mobile tickets. Why move to a flawed system in the first place where your customers are told to download their tickets at home well the answer is easy they know there will be problems getting a signal around the station. For the OP there will be some hard tickets that fans will still be selling for sure and the process of buying mobile is a fairly easy one provided you can get a signal that will be the big question for Saturday.

Mary, you can usually get game day tickets on StubHub, VividSeats, Seatgeek, TicketMaster and more. I am not 100% sure about PSU but you can usually get them on game days. They download them to your smart phone and you gain access by showing the bar code at the gate from your phone. If they don't do mobile, they will email them to you and you can print them off.

I did this a few years ago and bought tickets the night before. There are always people that have something come up and can't make it suddenly.

Just looked, Stubhub has tickets for as low as $22 for Ball State. There are two tickets, currently available, in lower level WB row 3 for $44.
According to PSU, "print at home" tickets are no longer an option.

The best place to get a mobile ticket with a minimum of hassle is through the Penn State Ticketmaster site. You can also get them through the other on line sites as mentioned. Regardless, this should be done PRIOR to showing up at the stadium on Saturday. Get them downloaded into your Apple wallet (or android equivalent) prior to Saturday and you won't have any problems.

Yes, there MIGHT be some people selling hard tickets, but I wouldn't count on it. Certainly, don't buy anything that looks like a print at home ticket from a scalper outside the stadium. You could also show up at the ticket office at the stadium on the day of the game and get a ticket, but why stand in line when you can do it yourself from home/hotel prior?

Reactions: wplion and Obliviax
I'm not sure why anyone would rely on getting a signal at the stadium, unless you're buying tickets on game day. Whenever I buy mobile tickets I immediately download the ticket and take a screen shot. Done, the ticket is on my phone permanently. No need for wifi or a cell signal.

Also, for those complaining about printed tickets, do you know how easy it is to get ripped off buying printed tickets at the stadium? It would be so easy to print 10 copies of a ticket and just keep selling them. Mobile tickets are secure.

According to PSU, "print at home" tickets are no longer an option.

The best place to get a mobile ticket with a minimum of hassle is through the Penn State Ticketmaster site. You can also get them through the other on line sites as mentioned. Regardless, this should be done PRIOR to showing up at the stadium on Saturday. Get them downloaded into your Apple wallet (or android equivalent) prior to Saturday and you won't have any problems.

Yes, there MIGHT be some people selling hard tickets, but I wouldn't count on it. Certainly, don't buy anything that looks like a print at home ticket from a scalper outside the stadium. You could also show up at the ticket office at the stadium on the day of the game and get a ticket, but why stand in line when you can do it yourself from home/hotel prior?

Oh...I see. looks like you can go right into Ticketmaster and buy tickets there. The PSU TIcketmaster site just points you to the main ticketmaster site but is already targeted to PSU games. At least, that is what is happening to me. I needed to create a usercode password with my personal email. And then give them my mobile number. I can then go in pick the game, pick the seat, and download it for the fee.

Thanks for the clarification. I suspect you can with seatgeek and stubhub as all they do is aggregate tickets across the top ticket aggregator sites. But that may be a bridge too far for some and isn't PSU endorsed.

This is the biggest issue with mobile tickets. Why move to a flawed system in the first place where your customers are told to download their tickets at home well the answer is easy they know there will be problems getting a signal around the station. For the OP there will be some hard tickets that fans will still be selling for sure and the process of buying mobile is a fairly easy one provided you can get a signal that will be the big question for Saturday.
Of course there will be issues. Cell service has always sucked around Beaver Stadium. Factor in the “you can’t tell me what to do” crowd that won’t download to wallet ahead of time just because they don’t want to…slowdowns and angry folks.

There will be some legit folks that just aren’t sure how to do it that need help and will have issues, but most of issues will be because of jackaasses that are just plain being stubborn.

I'm not sure why anyone would rely on getting a signal at the stadium, unless you're buying tickets on game day. Whenever I buy mobile tickets I immediately download the ticket and take a screen shot. Done, the ticket is on my phone permanently. No need for wifi or a cell signal.

Also, for those complaining about printed tickets, do you know how easy it is to get ripped off buying printed tickets at the stadium? It would be so easy to print 10 copies of a ticket and just keep selling them. Mobile tickets are secure.
No way in hell I would buy a ticket printed on a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper on gameday, especially any scalpers that have sheets of paper in their hands. First in wins, others get f’d because shady folks made multiple copies.

Reactions: Obliviax
No way in hell I would buy a ticket printed on a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper on gameday, especially any scalpers that have sheets of paper in their hands. First in wins, others get f’d because shady folks made multiple copies.

DAAAAAAH!

I hope that’s not the stupid excuse they are using to go paperless.

Both grandchildren did that the past years...screen shot. I said no,no,no,no, .......screen shots are not acceptable for entrance. All have to remember the bar codes are constantly changing, how will the codes change on the screen shot?

At least, that is what is happening to me. I needed to create a usercode password with my personal email.
I believe you need to create the same password in the T'master and NLC account. Although I had the same email account with the NLC, f'en ticketmaster made me create new passwords for both accounts. neither the NLC or the T'master would accept my old password.

I believe you need to create the same password in the T'master and NLC account. Although I had the same email account with the NLC, f'en ticketmaster made me create new passwords for both accounts. neither the NLC or the T'master would accept my old password.
I agree. I suspect that the PSU site simply takes you via SSO to Ticketmaster (single sign on). However, it looks like I can go straight into ticketmaster to buy/sell tickets without having to go through the PSU portal.

Reactions: Fizz1
Both grandchildren did that the past years...screen shot. I said no,no,no,no, .......screen shots are not acceptable for entrance. All have to remember the bar codes are constantly changing, how will the codes change on the screen shot?
The way to get them offline is to download them to Google Pay (GPay) or Apple Wallet, whatever your type of phone is.

Reactions: psu_et_vt
I don't think you're right about that. I can't speak about a recent Penn State game, but I can say it woks for every other game or concert I've attended in the last couple of years.

I agree. I suspect that the PSU site simply takes you via SSO to Ticketmaster (single sign on). However, it looks like I can go straight into ticketmaster to buy/sell tickets without having to go through the PSU portal.
I have an NLC account, ticket master would not let me into my own account to access my tickets until I changed the password for both accounts. If you don't have a NLC account I would guess you just create a password for Tmaster. If you want to transfer some of your tickets, I believe the transferee will need a Tmaster account.

I have an NLC account, ticket master would not let me into my own account to access my tickets until I changed the password for both accounts. If you don't have a NLC account I would guess you just create a password for Tmaster. If you want to transfer some of your tickets, I believe the transferee will need a Tmaster account.
You make a great point. I am willing to bet that the big brains didn't take into consideration people that already had memberships. This led to a conflict of identifiers (usercodes, passwords, mobile numbers).

I don't think you're right about that. I can't speak about a recent Penn State game, but I can say it woks for every other game or concert I've attended in the last couple of years.
for students:

1. Download the Penn State Athletics app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If this is your first time using the app, you will be prompted to sign in as soon as the app opens – this is NOT your Penn State Student Account Manager credentials. This is an optional step to create an account for the app to manage your notifications. Open the app and tap on “Tickets” from the bottom navigation bar, and then tap “Manage My Student Tickets.” **International students unable to download the official Penn State Athletics app must manage their tickets through mobile Student Account Manager.

2. Sign in with the email and password associated with your Penn State Student Account Manager. This is NOT the same sign in credentials as your PSU access account. If this is your first time accessing your Penn State Student Account Manager, please tap “Forgot password” and select Nittany Lions Account. Enter the email address associated with your Penn State Student Account Manager. A link will be emailed to you to set your new password. If you don’t see the email, please check your spam folders.

3. If your email address is also associated with a Ticketmaster account, you will be asked if you would like to link that account to your Penn State Student Account Manager. Tap “No Thanks” as Football student tickets can only be accessed using your Penn State Student Account Manager sign in credentials.

4. Select the event you wish to view tickets for.

5. Tap on “View Barcode.”

6. This is your game ticket. Apple users are highly encouraged to add tickets to Apple Wallet. Android users should view their ticket in the PSU Athletics app prior to gameday. This allows you to view your ticket without an internet or cellular data connection. Screen shots are NOT a valid form of entry and will not scan into Beaver Stadium on gameday.

7. iPhone users - Add your ticket to Apple Wallet. Make sure your phone has a Face ID or passcode set so you can correctly add your ticket to your Apple Wallet before Saturday's event. This will allow you to access and scan your ticket on Saturday without an internet or data connection.

Reactions: psu_et_vt
For spring graduation they had mobile tickets as well. I tried screen shots and they DID NOT WORK. I also had them in my Google Pay Account and that worked.

Reactions: step.eng69
Thank you everyone. At 77, I am no match for paperless. I will try tge ticket counter. Where at the stadium is it?
Maybe someone on the BW Mc cold explain what WILL CALL is or call 1-800-648-8269, I'm thinking you will be able to order you tickets in advance with WILL CALL.

Ticket Office and Will Call
plus_button.png

Ticket Office
The game day ticket office is located near Gate E by the Northeast corner of Beaver Stadium. When tickets are available, they will be on sale at the Beaver Stadium ticket office. This window opens four hours before the game and will remain open through halftime. For game day assistance, call the Customer Relations Center at 1-800-NITTANY (1-800-648-8269) or e-mail golions@psu.edu.

Will Call
Will call windows are located at the stadium ticket office on the east side of Beaver Stadium near Gate E and open four hours before the game. Identification is required before tickets will be released. Penn State Athletics does not accept third party will call.

Visiting team will call is adjacent to Gate E and opens 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
Media will call is located at the Media Gate on the west side of Beaver Stadium underneath the press box.

Thank you everyone. At 77, I am no match for paperless. I will try tge ticket counter. Where at the stadium is it?
Mary, after you create an account with ticketmaster, go to the address below to see the stadium layout and view the seats available.
1) go to address below
1) select section of stadium you'd like to sit
3) keep zooming in until the red dots appear..these are the sets avalible

for-mary.png

Mary, after you create an account with ticketmaster, go to the address below to see the stadium layout and view the seats available.
1) go to address below
1) select section of stadium you'd like to sit
3) keep zooming in until the red dots appear..these are the sets avalible

for-mary.png
'For fans that don’t have a mobile device for their tickets, Sidwell said there will be “resolution booths” around the stadium for those fans to print their tickets, along with other troubleshooting that might arise. Ahead of time, Sidwell said there is a new chat bot on GoPSUSports.com that can answer any questions."

I can't speak to how Ticketmaster will manage PSU games, but for a recent US national soccer team match Ticketmaster's app used dynamic barcodes that changed about every 30 seconds. This is why those tickets were not able to be printed in advance and screen shots did not work. This is a relatively recent security measure they are taking but it puts added emphasis on cell phone signal coverage. It seems the loss of signal workaround is that Ticketmaster has an agreement with Apple/Google to integrate their new barcodes with the payment apps in a manner that will work even in the absence of a cell phone signal, but it requires the initial ticket transfer between the apps to be done while connected to a signal.

I imagine the lack of cell service is going to cause some major issues this weekend. If I were attending I'd follow the instructions to setup the tickets in a wallet app in advance and I'd plan to get into the stadium very early to avoid getting stuck behind those that didn't do so and hold up the lines. They'll almost certainly have a method at each gate for people that haven't setup their ticket wallet and can't get cell service to download them, but it will be slow and will cause major delays.

As for buying tickets in the parking lot, I'd imagine if there's no signal the buyer and seller will both need to go to a ticket window to arrange the transfer and print them out.

DAAAAAAH!

I hope that’s not the stupid excuse they are using to go paperless.
I'm not sure why you find that to be an invalid excuse, it happens all the time and something needs to be done to ensure people that are buying resale tickets are getting valid tickets. Barcodes can be stolen or reused easily. Some unaware sellers even post photos of tickets online with the barcode in an attempt to prove they are a legit seller. Scammers will steal the barcode from the photo and use it to resell the same tickets multiple times. It's become a major way to scam people.

The other added incentive (not for fans) is that legit resellers like Ticketmaster take fees on every ticket transaction, whether it's the original purchase or one on the secondary market. It's in Ticketmaster interest to have the only secure resale market because it that would significantly increase how much they make in collecting fees.

'For fans that don’t have a mobile device for their tickets, Sidwell said there will be “resolution booths” around the stadium for those fans to print their tickets, along with other troubleshooting that might arise. Ahead of time, Sidwell said there is a new chat bot on GoPSUSports.com that can answer any questions."

Pearl, what are "WILL CALL'" windows?
Mary said she didn't want to use the phone

Pearl, what are "WILL CALL'" windows?
Mary said she didn't want to use the phone
At most stadiums they have a "Will Call" window next to the regular ticket sales windows. The "will call" is where you pick up tickets previously purchased beforehand. For example, I'd often buy my WBS 🐧 tickets online the day of game then show my ID at the will call window to pick up tickets. It saved time with no waiting in line and was no hassle.

Last edited:
At most stadiums they have a "Will Call" window next to the regular ticket sales windows. The "will call" is where you pick up tickets previously purchased beforehand. For example, I'd often buy my WBS 🐧 tickets online the day of game then show my ID at the will call window to pick up tickets. It saved time with no waiting in line and was no hassle.
@Marylovesthelions

THANK YOU PEARL, Mary could do the WILL CALL thing if she doesn't want to deal with e-tickets

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I stand corrected. I had no idea Penn State Football was using a more complex barcode system, different than most other events. It will definitely be more secure, but as noted will also cause problems.

I have been going to PS games since the 70s. I just spent the $65 & got all my tickets printed. Soooo much easier to sell to friends & neighbors who only want to go to 1 games.

Reactions: Roar More
NO screen shots allowed, per GoPSUSports!

I have been going to PS games since the 70s. I just spent the $65 & got all my tickets printed. Soooo much easier to sell to friends & neighbors who only want to go to 1 games.
I bought tix for Indiana from here on the Ticket Exchange from a gentleman that charged me less than face value for printed tickets. Talk about a good dude!

As many on here have pointed out, these mobile only tickets are the future. It's the way it's done at Ohio Stadium and most of the other biggies and almost all NFL and NBA venues. I don't know about MLB.
I know that Ticketmaster just fixed a bug last night related to getting your tickets into your Apple Wallet. So, yeah it's not perfect.

But let's not get confused about security issues. The supposed justification for going paperless. There's always a risk when you scalp tickets from a stranger. So now you will have to pay more money to get your tickets from StubHub or TicketMaster.

The real objective here is more money for Penn State Athletics and Ticketmaster. And that's capitalism folks. This ain't a public service.

As many on here have pointed out, these mobile only tickets are the future. It's the way it's done at Ohio Stadium and most of the other biggies and almost all NFL and NBA venues. I don't know about MLB.
I know that Ticketmaster just fixed a bug last night related to getting your tickets into your Apple Wallet. So, yeah it's not perfect.

But let's not get confused about security issues. The supposed justification for going paperless. There's always a risk when you scalp tickets from a stranger. So now you will have to pay more money to get your tickets from StubHub or TicketMaster.

The real objective here is more money for Penn State Athletics and Ticketmaster. And that's capitalism folks. This ain't a public service.
So Ticketmaster is the scalper?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT