ADVERTISEMENT

Game 9: PSU @ Minnesota, TCF Stadium, Nov 9th, noon EST

Forecast for 41 degrees & slight rain showers on PM. A few more degrees higher and it’s shorts and golf shirts!!!
Don't believe that. Siberians are migrating from the Twin Cities to Siberia because of this weekends weather.

J2TzYNEn_400x400.jpg

Nah, the new one is above, big boos and tats
Motorboat, motorboat...oh, nevermind, I'm thinking of row the boat.

I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet this week.

Minnesota's stadium is the second smallest (behind only NW) in the Big 10.

Not sure how much home field advantage it will provide.

Two things stand out:

"With defensive tackle Antonio Shelton suspended, Mustipher will start and command a larger presence. He and tackle Judge Culpepper will be vital run-stoppers."

How big will Shelton's loss be? Our DL has a big challenge against Minnesota's big OL.

"Minnesota leads the Big Ten with 11 interceptions. Winfield, a defensive back, has five of them, one for a pick-six. He is Clifford’s primary nemesis."

Winning the turnover battle was key to PSU's wins over Iowa and Michigan. Clifford will have to protect the football.

Two things stand out:

"With defensive tackle Antonio Shelton suspended, Mustipher will start and command a larger presence. He and tackle Judge Culpepper will be vital run-stoppers."

How big will Shelton's loss be? Our DL has a big challenge against Minnesota's big OL.

"Minnesota leads the Big Ten with 11 interceptions. Winfield, a defensive back, has five of them, one for a pick-six. He is Clifford’s primary nemesis."

Winning the turnover battle was key to PSU's wins over Iowa and Michigan. Clifford will have to protect the football.

Not only Clifford, but everyone who handles the ball will need to protect it. Cain is a warm weather kid - this might be the coldest game he will ever have played in. He needs to secure the ball. This will be the most challenging and difficult game this season. I think their QB can run a little bit and that is another potential problem area.

Not only Clifford, but everyone who handles the ball will need to protect it. Cain is a warm weather kid - this might be the coldest game he will ever have played in. He needs to secure the ball. This will be the most challenging and difficult game this season. I think their QB can run a little bit and that is another potential problem area.
Not sure if this will be the coldest game he played in or not, but two things:

1) Before he transferred to IMS he played in Denton TX. Temperatures during late football season in Denton certainly get into the 40s.

2) I worry more about wet than cold when it comes to fumbling, especially given that gloves don't work well when wet. Rain should be minimal tomorrow during game.

Prediction:

Penn State covers in the over: 41-16

The offense is too fast and the defense stuffs the run.

Concern:

PS gets quick scores (and 3&outs). Defense is on the field A LOT and is gassed by the middle of the 3rd Q.

If Minny holds onto the ball and clock, could see them claw back in the 3rd even if it’s a 3 or 4 score game.

Prediction:

Penn State covers in the over: 41-16

The offense is too fast and the defense stuffs the run.

Concern:

PS gets quick scores (and 3&outs). Defense is on the field A LOT and is gassed by the middle of the 3rd Q.

If Minny holds onto the ball and clock, could see them claw back in the 3rd even if it’s a 3 or 4 score game.

nailed it

Reactions: MoyerJones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT