ADVERTISEMENT

Gable show

Having watched the whole match I’m less bothered by Gable’s on-mat antics than when viewing the initial selected showboating clips. At one point he offered White a hand of apology after a head slap that seems to have landed harder than intended. To me, Gable’s “this is my house” comment after the match is a better indicator of his need for maturing. It may well become “his” house, but to make that claim after his first individual win there is hyperbolic and a clear rookie move.
I tend to agree. I was more bothered by the multiple head slaps than the dancing routine. Not much to see hear, move on.

The mid match dancing is easy enough to take care of. I think this time the ref was shocked by something so out of the ordinary that he swallowed his whistle. I would imagine if he keeps up the dance routine he will either get a stalling call or his opponent will see it as prime time to attack.

and then there's the harbaughs'

CourteousSandyDunnart-size_restricted.gif

I disagree that Gable was stalling. Perhaps if he was moonwalking... but he was more or less stationary and could've been shot on. He was still presenting himself, in Jim-Gibbons parlance. (Had White shot and taken him down it would have been a fantastic ESPN highlight-worthy moment on par with DeSean Jackson showboating into the end zone without the football.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT