ADVERTISEMENT

Gable show

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Anybody got any hot takes on the show in this tweet? The wrestling speaks for itself, it was great! Huge win, no doubt. Kid should be pumped up. But something says to me there is going to be a hard fall at some point this year.

#Raptorslovegophermeat

jgsNMLV.gif

Reactions: diggerpup
Anybody got any hot takes on the show in this tweet? The wrestling speaks for itself, it was great! Huge win, no doubt. Kid should be pumped up. But something says to me there is going to be a hard fall at some point this year.

#Raptorslovegophermeat

White is a strong and quick Senior. Gable was never threatened. That said ..White and all the OK. State guys rode the bus for hours over three days and wrestled back to back matches. Not easy....so he might want to pump the brakes just a little. But he did look awfully good. The Ali Shuffle??......not a fan of it

My personal view is that if he can do the Ali shuffle from boxing, then let’s go all in on boxing and the hands to the face rule ought to be suspended. If you know what I meAn.

Reactions: lionlover
I love the enthusiasm, but don't show up your opponent mid-match. Kid is definitely good.

He did that a few times during the match. After the 2nd or 3rd time, White did a little foot tapping in response but it wasn't nearly as smooth!

My only issue with his performance was at the end. He motioned to the crowd and then yelled "This is my house!". Seemed like a odd thing to do with your team just got blown out during the dual.

His this is my house celebration was nowhere near as bad as some have made it to be on other boards. People made it sound he was screaming to all corners of the gymnasium it was his house.

Reactions: Afw6006
Amazing talent no doubt; riding a 3+ year hype train, first ever home dual, shirt just got pulled, sent notice to the top 2, and he's just an 18 year old kid...... It's a lot to handle. I totally get it. So he gets a pass. This time.

IMO someone's got Eggum on his face.

That coach better get that shite under control and fast. If not hell have an immature freshman phenom running that program. Celebrating a victory post match is expected, showboating with the Ali foot shuffle and other antics in the middle of the match..... (I'll save my powder for the next time). It shows huge disrespect for his opponent who is worthy of respect, and there is a lengthy list beyond that.... And before we hear the defenders this is nothing like what Bo even yes Gilman or others have done.

If I want my fill of showboating, I'll catch an NBA game or watch the NFL where it s degraded to the point where someone has to make a 'statement' after every play.

What's worse, if this isn't corrected it will spread.

We all have been waiting to see what this kid brings and become supportive enthusiastic fans. I have a general aversion to punks and any repeat of that as a freshman comes across as punkish in my book. I hope he doesn't make it so we all watch hoping that someone takes him down a notch. I can think of one other new heavyweight this year who is the perfect candidate.

Maybe Gable should go back and study his is namesake, or Nolf, or Zain, or Spencer, or DT or Cael, or... any in the long list of champions whose hype was displayed in bright lights on the scoreboard, as opposed to MTV.

Heck Nolf plays with good food before eating almost every match but he would never try to humiliate a lesser opponent.

There are few things more admirable than a "classy" champion.

Hey Flo - can't wait to hear your take, I am really hoping you don't try to not offend. If I had to bet you'll go 2 liked it and 2 don't.... That would be very disappointing as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Springs
If one of my wrestlers pulled that shit, I'd clobber them, but none of my wrestlers are as good as Gable.

He's always kinda been extra, but when you're that good, sometimes you need to be extra. You get that chicken or the egg thing, ya know? Is he acting like that because he's so good, or is he so good because he's acting like that? I'm sure it's a mixture.

If somebody doesn't like it, they should just go beat him. That'd look pretty silly if he got beat after pulling that shit, wouldn't it?

Amazing talent no doubt; riding a 3+ year hype train, first ever home dual, shirt just got pulled, sent notice to the top 2, and he's just an 18 year old kid...... It's a lot to handle. I totally get it. So he gets a pass. This time.

That coach better get that shite under control and fast. If not hell have an immature freshman phenom running that program. Celebrating a victory post match is expected, showboating with the Ali foot shuffle and other antics in the middle of the match..... (I'll save my powder for the next time). It shows huge disrespect for his opponent who is worthy of respect, and there is a lengthy list beyond that.... And before we hear the defenders this is nothing like what Bo even yes Gilman or others have done.

If I want my fill of showboating, I'll catch an NBA game or watch the NFL where it s degraded to the point where someone has to make a 'statement' after every play.

We all have been waiting to see what this kid brings and become supportive enthusiastic fans. I have a general aversion to punks and any repeat of that as a freshman comes across as punkish in my book. I hope he doesn't make it so we all watch hoping that someone takes him down a notch. I can think of one other new heavyweight this year who is the perfect candidate.

Maybe Gable should go back and study his is namesake, or Nolf, or Zain, or Spencer, or DT or Cael, or... any in the long list of champions whose hype was displayed in bright lights on the scoreboard, as opposed to MTV.

Heck Nolf plays with good food before eating almost every match but he would never try to humiliate a lesser opponent.

Hey Flo - can't wait to hear your take, I am really hoping you don't try to not offend. If I had to bet you'll go 2 liked it and 2 don't.... That would be very disappointing as well.
punkish is going too far

Reactions: PSUer1989

Wow. That’s a lot of passion!

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Maybe the kid is preparing for his life after college in the WWE like other Minnesota heavies have done

If one of my wrestlers pulled that shit, I'd clobber them, but none of my wrestlers are as good as Gable.

He's always kinda been extra, but when you're that good, sometimes you need to be extra. You get that chicken or the egg thing, ya know? Is he acting like that because he's so good, or is he so good because he's acting like that? I'm sure it's a mixture.

If somebody doesn't like it, they should just go beat him. That'd look pretty silly if he got beat after pulling that shit, wouldn't it?

Pretty sure it's 99.9% the former, 0.1% the latter.

Despite the sad and nearly sinful lack of coaching skills in the Penn State wrestling room, Cassar will instinctively and most certainly all by himself figure out a path to victory against the Minnesota phenom.

The kid is truly an athletic freak unlike anything I have ever seen at heavy. He has an amazing abby normal level of talent. Let's just hope that mountain of a man is not topped with a Rutgers brain.

I have watched a ton of Frankenstein movies, some where you just can't help but love the monster.

Nevertheless, they never end well for him.

We'll see. Of course going undefeated is monumentally difficult as a freshman, so it's possible he could stumble somewhere, but the kid is a real talent in a relatively weak field. That was the #3 ranked heavyweight that he handled pretty easily. Cassar and Sasquatch might be the only guys that have anything for him. I'd be pretty surprised if Gable is not on the elevated stage March 23rd in Pittsburgh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT