ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin, PSU players accused of hazing

My thoughts.

If this is true, and CJF had knowledge of it, then I’m done with this school. Shut the program down and end it. It would be an embarrassment beyond anything when you couple the Sandusky scandal with it.

That being said, I don’t believe for 1 second this happened. So......

If the administration, BOT, athletic director, and president don’t immediately go completely scorched earth in fighting and denying these rumors, I’m done with this school. I’m tired of being associated with a university that continually allows the media and every Tom, Dick, and Harry to kick them square in the nuts over and over again without ever doing anything about it.

Stand up and fight for yourself PSU!!!! WTF is wrong with you people representing our once proud university?
Something happened between the players and Humphries, they disagree about the severity of it. PSU in their statement believes it to be goofing off, Humphries believes he was hazed. Given how much the Centre County DA's office likes to go after PSU football, if there was anything to this, somebody would have been charged.

I think Humphries is pissed off that he was not good enough to play at PSU and was not liked by his teammates...now he is looking for an excuse for his failure and some cash.

My thoughts.

If this is true, and CJF had knowledge of it, then I’m done with this school. Shut the program down and end it. It would be an embarrassment beyond anything when you couple the Sandusky scandal with it.

If the administration, BOT, athletic director, and president don’t immediately go completely scorched earth in fighting and denying these rumors, I’m done with this school. I’m tired of being associated with a university that continually allows the media and every Tom, Dick, and Harry to kick them square in the nuts over and over again without ever doing anything about it.

Stand up and fight for yourself PSU!!!! WTF is wrong with you people representing our once proud university?
Well, sounds like this is goodbye then

My thoughts.

When someone is marching straight towards you with a 2x4 in his hands and bad intentions on his mind, do you stand there and allow them to whack you upside the head? Common sense dictates you take the weapon out of his hands and do unto him before he does unto you. You defend yourself and make them pay for trying to take advantage of you.

Reactions: republion
Anyone have knowledge as to who was Humphrie's roommate during his 1 year here at Penn State.

Last fall I met a parent of a current player and we chatted briefly. I wished his son good luck and mentioned that we lost a few players to transfer and mentioned Isaiah by name. Looking back the parent's reaction was odd and gave me the impression that losing him was not a loss. Nothing was said about why he had left but the way it was said made me think Isaiah hadn't panned out like a 4 star would. I also remember saying that Isaiah's dad was a previous player so it was surprising that he would leave, and the reaction of the parent was to laugh and say "yeah I know Leonard". I believe that Leonard as a very proud father would be apt to do over estimated his son's talent.

It is almost unbelievable that a former letterman would tear down his university and football program.

Something happened between the players and Humphries, they disagree about the severity of it. PSU in their statement believes it to be goofing off, Humphries believes he was hazed. Given how much the Centre County DA's office likes to go after PSU football, if there was anything to this, somebody would have been charged.

I think Humphries is pissed off that he was not good enough to play at PSU and was not liked by his teammates...now he is looking for an excuse for his failure and some cash.

Of course that’s what you think

Get in front of the cameras rather than just make a written statement.

This is what I don’t understand. We just turn the other cheek again and again and again...there is NOTHING to this, it is frivolous beyond belief, but our AD and admin do NOTHING to counteract the PR paper cuts that are so f**king damaging over time, for no reason. What is this lawyers incentive not to do this? PSU welcomes it.

Which BOT member owns the PR firm that represents PSU? Must be printing money.

Reactions: odshowtime
When someone is marching straight towards you with a 2x4 in his hands and bad intentions on his mind, do you stand there and allow them to whack you upside the head? Common sense dictates you take the weapon out of his hands and do unto him before he does unto you. You defend yourself and make them pay for trying to take advantage of you.
It’s a loser for PSU to strike back hard. A huge university suing an 19 year old is not going to win you public opinion even if you are right

Anyone have knowledge as to who was Humphrie's roommate during his 1 year here at Penn State.

Last fall I met a parent of a current player and we chatted briefly. I wished his son good luck and mentioned that we lost a few players to transfer and mentioned Isaiah by name. Looking back the parent's reaction was odd and gave me the impression that losing him was not a loss. Nothing was said about why he had left but the way it was said made me think Isaiah hadn't panned out like a 4 star would. I also remember saying that Isaiah's dad was a previous player so it was surprising that he would leave, and the reaction of the parent was to laugh and say "yeah I know Leonard". I believe that Leonard as a very proud father would be apt to do over estimated his son's talent.

It is almost unbelievable that a former letterman would tear down his university and football program.

I am a parent, kids 11 & 12 and I pray daily that I will never become that parent. I also work at a University and see that parent every semester.

as one coach said a few years back....stop blaming the kids, they only get away with what they have been taught to get away with. Blame the parents.

I am sure leonard had a rough go while he was at Penn State. I am assuming (based on experience) that he wasn't real honest with dad during the phone calls. So when time came and he wanted to leave a story had to be created.

A story is created because "that" parent can't accept that "their" son just isnt good enough or just doesn't fit in.

In the end people need to look more at Leonard and not isiaiah.

Reactions: OhioLion
I am a parent, kids 11 & 12 and I pray daily that I will never become that parent. I also work at a University and see that parent every semester.

as one coach said a few years back....stop blaming the kids, they only get away with what they have been taught to get away with. Blame the parents.

I am sure leonard had a rough go while he was at Penn State. I am assuming (based on experience) that he wasn't real honest with dad during the phone calls. So when time came and he wanted to leave a story had to be created.

A story is created because "that" parent can't accept that "their" son just isnt good enough or just doesn't fit in.

In the end people need to look more at Leonard and not isiaiah.
In this case the "kid" is an adult, not a 12 year old. Sorry, but once people reach a certain age they become more responsible for their own actions. I have no idea what happened in this case but I'm not going to blame a 19-20 year old's father if it turns out the player made this up or drastically embellished it.

It's so ridiculous to think that, of all things, a player would say to another player, "I'm going to sandusky you." Obviously none of these kids were in the program during the bogus sanction years, but they have to know what the sandusky mess did to the school and the program. As players representing the university, they probably still see it regularly, especially on social media, even without fresh allegations against the program. I can't believe that any player in his right mind and who values Penn State would say that.

It's so ridiculous to think that, of all things, a player would say to another player, "I'm going to sandusky you." Obviously none of these kids were in the program during the bogus sanction years, but they have to know what the sandusky mess did to the school and the program. As players representing the university, they probably still see it regularly, especially on social media, even without fresh allegations against the program. I can't believe that any player in his right mind and who values Penn State would say that.

I can just see his lawyer writing this script...

Lawyer: So, what can we say that is so totally outrageous and unbelievable that every publication in America will print it? And how can we use the word 'Sandusky'? Oh, I know....'I'M GONNA SANDUSKY YOU!' Yes, I'm a genius.

giphy.gif

In this case the "kid" is an adult, not a 12 year old. Sorry, but once people reach a certain age they become more responsible for their own actions. I have no idea what happened in this case but I'm not going to blame a 19-20 year old's father if it turns out the player made this up or drastically embellished it.

My job requires me to work specifically with College Freshman and although your idea should be correct and looks great on paper, it just isn't realistic in todays world.

Reactions: OhioLion

Again, it's clear as day that attorney is trying to "force" a connection to sandusky. He refers to his client as a "boy" in interviews, and talks about preventing this type of behavior from happening to other "boys" in the football facility. It's incredibly amoral positioning and it just might work.

You give 18 year olds more credit than I do. I can imagine it slipping out when guys are busting on each other. I do have a hard time believing the physical claims and that any coaches, especially Franklin, would condone it.

Again, it's clear as day that attorney is trying to "force" a connection to sandusky. He refers to his client as a "boy" in interviews, and talks about preventing this type of behavior from happening to other "boys" in the football facility. It's incredibly amoral positioning and it just might work.

Yeah, just the accusation is enough to do serious damage. Reminds me of a scene in the new HBO show 'The Outsider'. A little league coach and school teacher is purposely and publicly arrested during a game so the whole town can see. He's accused of murder, so the detective is trying to make a point. The coach knows the detective and when they get in the car, he leans over to him and says, 'You've ruined my life.' And it's true - even if not guilty (don't know yet - show just started!). It's a shame.

Reactions: rudedude
Yes, that language is purely incendiary. I’ve never heard a college football player called a boy.

On one hand, I strongly feel that PSU leadership should very publicly refute the allegations today. On the other hand, the attorneys may prevent that from happening since this is a “legal matter.” I am in a position in my organization in which I am absolutely not allowed to say anything to anybody about legal matters regarding my organization, despite the inaccuracies and outright lies perpetuated in the few legal matters we have had to defend over the years. It is very difficult to not say anything when plaintiff is trying to damage you using a very public false narrative but your own attorneys have you under penalty of death practically to stay silent.

Has Leonard Humphries said anything about this mess? I obviously wouldn’t expect him to contradict his son, but has he said anything supportive or has he been quiet?

Get in front of the cameras rather than just make a written statement.

In this particular case, the best thing for PSU to do, going forward, is nothing and let it die, which it is already beginning to do. I've seen attorney like Marino before. he has no intention of taking this case (or the one with the doctor) to court. He's hoping that PSU will make an offer and he'll collect his contingency. My guess is that he connected with the Humphrieses by fishing. I'm afraid they'll wind up disappointed.

In this particular case, the best thing for PSU to do, going forward, is nothing and let it die, which it is already beginning to do. I've seen attorney like Marino before. he has no intention of taking this case (or the one with the doctor) to court. He's hoping that PSU will make an offer and he'll collect his contingency. My guess is that he connected with the Humphrieses by fishing. I'm afraid they'll wind up disappointed.
It will die down. It’s one disgruntled ex player who has been refuted by both investigators and players. Just good headlines for a couple days.

Reactions: odshowtime
This reminds me of the greatest movie of all time -- Top Gun (okay not the greatest, but it was the first VHS movie my family ever owned and it got worn out). Penn State is like Maverick:

"And let's not bull$hit Maverick. Your family name ain't the best in the Navy. You need to be doing it better, and cleaner than the other guy. Now what is it with you?"

Because of his name, Maverick is looked at more closely, just like Penn State. Now, remember, at the end of the movie, Maverick is told that his father did do it right, but since the info is classified, nobody else will ever really know the truth. Just like Penn State probably did do it right, but we'll be hard pressed to ever find out the truth.

And that's the end of my cheesy of Penn State to Maverick. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

This reminds me of the greatest movie of all time -- Top Gun (okay not the greatest, but it was the first VHS movie my family ever owned and it got worn out). Penn State is like Maverick:

"And let's not bull$hit Maverick. Your family name ain't the best in the Navy. You need to be doing it better, and cleaner than the other guy. Now what is it with you?"

Because of his name, Maverick is looked at more closely, just like Penn State. Now, remember, at the end of the movie, Maverick is told that his father did do it right, but since the info is classified, nobody else will ever really know the truth. Just like Penn State probably did do it right, but we'll be hard pressed to ever find out the truth.

And that's the end of my cheesy of Penn State to Maverick. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

And the ncaa is Slider.

*sniff* “ncaa, you stink.”

Reactions: MJG-90
It will die down. It’s one disgruntled ex player who has been refuted by both investigators and players. Just good headlines for a couple days.

Exactly, but PSU should be prepared just in case another bomb is tossed.

You give 18 year olds more credit than I do. I can imagine it slipping out when guys are busting on each other. I do have a hard time believing the physical claims and that any coaches, especially Franklin, would condone it.

This is where I am at with what probably happened.....the verbal was involved somehow. I hear the way my 12 year old and his buddies try and bust balls....but I find it almost impossible that a grown man would stand by and watch a young man do some of the things that were done.

Exactly, but PSU should be prepared just in case another bomb is tossed.

Of course they’ll be prepared. It’s not like Sandy is one to be caught with her pants down. barren neither. They’ve got this.

:eek:

This is where I am at with what probably happened.....the verbal was involved somehow. I hear the way my 12 year old and his buddies try and bust balls....but I find it almost impossible that a grown man would stand by and watch a young man do some of the things that were done.
For all we know Barber already admitted to saying it and that why he was sanctioned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT