ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin, PSU players accused of hazing

The lawsuit demands a trial by jury. Can any lawyers here explain the advantage that would give the plaintiff as opposed to a trial by judge?

Trial by Judge- you convince a someone trained to decide on facts not emotion, with the additional negative of being an expert in law making it doubly difficult to frame law with fallacies of logic. Trial by jury easier to evoke emotion, victim- hood, and false logic into the equation.

Not a lawyer, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Just trying to keep record, we have been a headline on ESPN, what, 3 times this year or two? Maybe 5, maybe they mentioned in the headline when we were fourth in the initial BCS rankings, or probably, that Clemson was 5th was the headline. Either way, what have the headlines been, let me take a stab:

"Ex-Football coach sues Penn State and Franklin for intimidating work environment"

"Ex-PSU football doctor sues school for termination related to Franklin forcing him to play injured players."

"Penn State stands behind teamate as he recieves racially motivated hate mail from Penn State fan."

"Penn State & Franklin face federal lawsuit for Hazing ex-player."

I mean, it's constant and then we all get pissed off when people in the media don't effuse praise on this team and give us just due. We are not liked, and if I was being totally unbiased, we are not likable. Sure, Thon and graduation rates and so on, that is why I am a fan, but anyone outside of the school has ZERO idea about that sh*t, they just see this stuff dribble out each quarter, on top of the sandusky mess.
And all the stories ended up being nothing...definitely a witch hunt where PSU is involved.

Myles Hartsfield never made it to campus, but this was a legit issue for exactly one disgruntled dude.

Makes total sense.

Trial by Judge- you convince a someone trained to decide on facts not emotion, with the additional negative of being an expert in law making it doubly difficult to frame law with fallacies of logic. Trial by jury easier to evoke emotion, victim- hood, and false logic into the equation.

Not a lawyer, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Reactions: Parkview57
I've not heard of ANYBODY coming forward to corroborate these claims. You think if it were true, somebody would step up. Need to line up 200 players, current and former, to testify in court that Humphries is full of shit.

Last edited:
Just this morning, I suggested to my wife that we go to the Blue-White Game.

I hate me.

I’m very interested in understanding why the attorney, Steve Marino, a PSU Alum and member of the men’s gymnastics team from 80-83, has such a vendetta against the football team. There has to be more to the story and why he continues to bring these cases forward.

$$$$$$$

not everyone has a loyalty to their college, especially when it hands out blank checks

Reactions: odshowtime and dwiz
Clearly trying to draw a connection to the sandusky matter by referring to his client ad "boy" repeatedly and talking about how this happened to other "boys" in the facility. Name them you smarmy piece of sh*T

Yep. What a maggot

This is on ESPN.com and probably TV scrollers all night. Talking heads will be blabbing about also. There better be nothing to this, otherwise Franklin is gone if he condoned it.

Maybe this is why a few times this season CJF seemed a bit despondent? This kind of BS has got to get old. Why does it happen? Because the OGBOT enabled this kind of behavior where any loon or crooked lawyer flips the University upside down like a piggy bank. And the University’s name (and all associated with it) gets dragged thru the mud. Kudos to CJF for sticking with us. But if he said “ enough” and left - who could blame him. Just pathetic!

Maybe this is why a few times this season CJF seemed a bit despondent? This kind of BS has got to get old. Why does it happen? Because the OGBOT enabled this kind of behavior where any loon or crooked lawyer flips the University upside down like a piggy bank. And the University’s name (and all associated with it) gets dragged thru the mud. Kudos to CJF for sticking with us. But if he said “ enough” and left - who could blame him. Just pathetic!

Psu alumni and legacy filed the suit

It is not right but true, most of the country will always associate PSU with Sandusky and the ones that don't blame Sandusky don't know enough and blame Joe. I have tried many times but there is no changing minds at this point. Unfortunately it will mark PSU until long after most of us are gone.

Forever is an eternity.

I’m very interested in understanding why the attorney, Steve Marino, a PSU Alum and member of the men’s gymnastics team from 80-83, has such a vendetta against the football team. There has to be more to the story and why he continues to bring these cases forward.

I think I may have a clue about this guy.. I took a course called something like " Sports Psychology" circa 81,82 we were mostly student athletes, it was a small, maybe 20 person class. Massimo Manca (sp?) was in this class, the only name I remember, he was a really unique, great guy. There were 2 gymnastics guys, one was very outspoken and bitter about why the Football Team got "all the funding and attention". I also remember we were in the gymnastics room for one class. I got on the rings for the first time and they were surprised that I could do an "L seat" and an "Iron Cross" I said, "that's why they get the attention and why we get funding."

Ok boss. You having your secretary pull the contract in the morning?
There just better be no legitimacy to this or the media who already hate PSU will latch on to it with glee and a witch hunt will ensue. Hopefully this just fades away.

Reactions: ram2020
Alex Cora just got canned, so thatll be all of thr talk . This is bs and already off front page at espn

Reactions: Texas Lion

I don't think he has a vendetta. I just think he sees how easily PSU hands over money, thanks to the BOT

There just better be no legitimacy to this or the media who already hate PSU will latch on to it with glee and a witch hunt will ensue. Hopefully this just fades away.

History has proven that the media will latch on to things whether they are true or not. Penn State fans shouldn’t be snowflakes and disparage our coach over horseshit items planted in the media by an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer with a history of going after PSU.

Clearly trying to draw a connection to the sandusky matter by referring to his client as a "boy" repeatedly and talking about how this happened to other "boys" in the facility. Name them you smarmy piece of sh*T

I would also add racist.

This is on ESPN.com and probably TV scrollers all night. Talking heads will be blabbing about also. There better be nothing to this, otherwise Franklin is gone if he condoned it.
He didn’t....use your head.

My thoughts.

If this is true, and CJF had knowledge of it, then I’m done with this school. Shut the program down and end it. It would be an embarrassment beyond anything when you couple the Sandusky scandal with it.

That being said, I don’t believe for 1 second this happened. So......

If the administration, BOT, athletic director, and president don’t immediately go completely scorched earth in fighting and denying these rumors, I’m done with this school. I’m tired of being associated with a university that continually allows the media and every Tom, Dick, and Harry to kick them square in the nuts over and over again without ever doing anything about it.

Stand up and fight for yourself PSU!!!! WTF is wrong with you people representing our once proud university?

Reactions: odshowtime
My thoughts.

If this is true, and CJF had knowledge of it, then I’m done with this school. Shut the program down and end it. It would be an embarrassment beyond anything when you couple the Sandusky scandal with it.

That being said, I don’t believe for 1 second this happened. So......

If the administration, BOT, athletic director, and president don’t immediately go completely scorched earth in fighting and denying these rumors, I’m done with this school. I’m tired of being associated with a university that continually allows the media and every Tom, Dick, and Harry to kick them square in the nuts over and over again without ever doing anything about it.

Stand up and fight for yourself PSU!!!! WTF is wrong with you people representing our once proud university?
What do you suggest they do other than issue a statement?

I’m not sure why people would even suggest it’s true. It was already investigated by the oversight group at PSU and the police and was dismissed

And the internal group is the group most likely to go batshit crazy with deeming people guilty with harsh punishments, yet they didn't (other than Barber, and since he wasn't suspended for a semester or expelled, his punishment, if any, was minor)

Reactions: bmw199 and PSU2UNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT