ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

I bleed blue and white, but I'd be happy if that circus left the sport forever. I coach a club team with a lot of really young wrestlers. Their exposure to the sport outside of their own practice/competition is primarily through social media. As long as that d*ckbag is still in the sport, he dominates social media, all for the wrong reasons. There's way too many impressionable kids out there that might think ol' AJ is cool. I regularly have to tell kids he is a douchebag and to look up to guys like AB, Carr, etc. The sooner he is out of the sport, the better!
Exactly.

People allowing their kids to seek out his autograph at Carver after the double bird debacle have a screw loose. They want your kids to be close to that cretin? They must be really trashy.

I bleed blue and white, but I'd be happy if that circus left the sport forever. I coach a club team with a lot of really young wrestlers. Their exposure to the sport outside of their own practice/competition is primarily through social media. As long as that d*ckbag is still in the sport, he dominates social media, all for the wrong reasons. There's way too many impressionable kids out there that might think ol' AJ is cool. I regularly have to tell kids he is a douchebag and to look up to guys like AB, Carr, etc. The sooner he is out of the sport, the better!
If those kids are old enough to process this, show them the pic of Ferrari's car wreck and tell them about multiple people being pulled from his burning car and hospitalized, how he required emergency surgery, plus the woman in the other lane -- and that this is what a reckless personality gets you.

He does make a great cautionary tale.

So true, last weekend the kids were FLOCKING to him at Carver for autographs, their dads were right there with them.... unreal.

If those kids are old enough to process this, show them the pic of Ferrari's car wreck and tell them about multiple people being pulled from his burning car and hospitalized, how he required emergency surgery, plus the woman in the other lane -- and that this is what a reckless personality gets you.

He does make a great cautionary tale.

A literal and figurative representation of AJ.

I guess we will find out in April when he shows up for the Olympic Trials. I mean he is taking an ORS. That must mean he is training hard for USA wrestling. If by some miracle he shows, the PSU crowd will not let their kids fawn over him. We are not desperate for attention. The only attention he might get is a lusty round of boos.

21474767.gif

Reactions: goldenanimal
This is as far as I’ll go on remarking about division in the U.S., but there is obviously a large part of our population that feels empowered to say “F U” to anyone and anything at the drop of a hat. In other words, are you really surprised?

(And save us all the trouble attempting to categorize me - you’ll likely get it wrong.)

Last edited:
I’m back to your mindset. I’d started there, joining GIA solely to firebomb those supporting AJ. With their “second chance,” “youthful mistake,” “better to forgive” talk, I relented, even welcomed his return and bouts with our humble, polar opposite AB. That psychotic SS reaction broke the spell. It renewed my disgust for anyone consciously, arrogantly, and carelessly endangering innocent lives without regard to the crippling, forever damage that gutting a hole in a family leaves. Be contrite about nearly killing people on that highway, respect the second chance you’ve been given with newfound maturity, and most folks are all in for redemption. Keep being an adult-aged, filth-spewing infant that only a defective parent who pimps sons for NIL can be proud of, and most will despise you.
Thank you, Ozark, for pointing your club kids away from this fool.

Has he qualified for the Oly Team Trials? Does his NCAA championship qualify him? If so how does that work? Any champ since the last team trial?

Has he qualified for the Oly Team Trials? Does his NCAA championship qualify him? If so how does that work? Any champ since the last team trial?
Well, he may qualify technically, but you know he is not going to be anywhere near the Olympic Team Trials. It is all a dodge to preserve another year of eligibility.

Reactions: Split shot
His World medal in '18 qualified him for an ORS, but he is not qualified for OTTs. Only option for him would be the Last Chance qualifier.

So, if he doesn't show up for the last-chance qualifier, how can he claim an Oly RS when he never entered any of the qualifier events?

So, if he doesn't show up for the last-chance qualifier, how can he claim an Oly RS when he never entered any of the qualifier events?
It’s a loophole. I’m guessing the rule might be changed for next time since he’s just exploiting it and not actually training for the Olympic trials. Obviously, Facundo is also just taking an ORS to preserve a year of eligibility rather than actually seriously making an Olympic run, but at least he’s training in freestyle and qualified for the trials. That should probably be the minimum or else you lose the year of eligibility. If you can’t even get to the trials, then you’re Olympic quest was never really serious.

What's the rationale for a 2018 Cadet World Medalist to qualify for an ORS for the 2024 cycle? The 2020 cycle makes sense, but why wouldn't he have had to re-earn the ORS for this cycle? I know he's been busy giving back to society and all.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
What's the rationale for a 2018 Cadet World Medalist to qualify for an ORS for the 2024 cycle? The 2020 cycle makes sense, but why wouldn't he have had to re-earn the ORS for this cycle? I know he's been busy giving back to society and all.
To load up our Olympic candidate pool with as much international experience as possible.

The NCAA's willingness to cooperate with the US Olympic Committee is ultimately a good thing, and something that didn't always exist. If they err a little on the side of too much cooperation, so be it.

Reactions: Sleepylion
Well, he may qualify technically, but you know he is not going to be anywhere near the Olympic Team Trials. It is all a dodge to preserve another year of eligibility.
There are lots of guys in that boat. It's an extra redshirt for guys who have earned it.

There's plenty to criticize about AJ without going down this road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT