ADVERTISEMENT

Feels like a slap in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
It never fails to fascinate how you and the same cabal of demented losers come here daily trying to pin your delusional hooji on Paterno and Penn State.
Hey black pot I never mentioned Paterno yet you did. You cannot even keep your same handle because you have no self control and live in a delusional world.

Jerry love little boys and molested them for fun. You in particular are cheering him on...why is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: _fugazi_
True.

My point is - this is a crucial step that is completely missing. "Everyone" dances around the fact that TSM leadership has not been fully explored & investigated. It's like trying to solve an Algebra equation without working the equation properly from the inside out.

• The sports media takes out their calculator (that is dead), stares at the math and answers it as "Joe Knew".
  • Our AG veers left for "Conspiracy & Cover Up by the PSU3" and fails to answer 7/8ths of it.
  • Freeh insists the PSU3 are pedophile enablers and puts his pencil down while our BoT cheats on the exam peering over his shoulder.
  • Zig flies by and takes the extreme of "The victims are all lying" while waving the math paper in the front of the classroom.
  • Message board trolls insist a call to CYS would have solved it all when they aren't even in the same building.
No one is first solving the inside of this incredibly long & complicated equation - which will never be solved at this rate.

This is the math Lynne Abraham was supposed to compute for us. Why didn't she?

Christ - maybe we DO need our Auditor General with his team to answer this effing this thing for us.
Why don't you correct him and tell him who the reporting agency is? Seriously, you know you can do that and still claim the TSM were never investigated. A little objectivity is all I ask for.

Last edited:
No it's not. Look, you can pretend that this is all on the BOT, but CSS's conviction/pleas have nothing to do with the BOT. They screwed penn state and the victims and now are known as criminals. The reputation hit would be the same regardless. You all are mad at the wrong people.
Oh, no. I'm mad at the right people. Now. Even if we were to move on 100% from what happened, the Pennsylvania Auditor General has stated that the current structure of the BOT is a mess. Specifically, that the B&E "elections" are a joke. And the board has gone 100% in the opposite direction from all recommendations of good governance given them. Including a number in the Freeh Report. So has the AA BTW.

Frankly, when all of this broke, all of the current BOT should have resigned en masse. It happened on their watch and they were responsible for that--failure to provide proper oversight. Garban was the only one to do the honorable thing.

Had the BOT only done one thing--defend their alumni--I'd not be nearly so mad. They never have. But they sure like asking me for money.

To quantify how inept or corrupt (could be one or the other and likely both)the OGBOT are, we only need to look at the current situation at MSU. In terms of victims and mishandled reports over decades......much, much worse than JS and PSU.
There is little outrage there. The OGBOT will live in history as the worst stewards of a university of all time. These are despicable, slimy, misanthropes.
They did nothing to protect the university and actually used it and its employees to shield themselves from scrutiny.

Corbett slow-walked the investigation for years. He only brought it up when it served his political purposes.

Ditto the Central Mountain HS folks. They did pretty much the same thing until the mom kept after them. And they *were* under the new law.
How did the folks at CM avoid prosecution? I doubt the OAG wanted them to take the stand and discuss the character of V1.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Oh, no. I'm mad at the right people. Now. Even if we were to move on 100% from what happened, the Pennsylvania Auditor General has stated that the current structure of the BOT is a mess. Specifically, that the B&E "elections" are a joke. And the board has gone 100% in the opposite direction from all recommendations of good governance given them. Including a number in the Freeh Report. So has the AA BTW.

Frankly, when all of this broke, all of the current BOT should have resigned en masse. It happened on their watch and they were responsible for that--failure to provide proper oversight. Garban was the only one to do the honorable thing.

Had the BOT only done one thing--defend their alumni--I'd not be nearly so mad. They never have. But they sure like asking me for money.
There is no doubt that the board is too large and needs to be cut to 17-20 members. The only problem is, the most logical group to take the largest cut is the alumni. There is no way to justify 1/4th of the board being represented by alumni elected trustees when less that 5% of alumni vote. If/when the board gets cut down to a comparable size of its peers, the number of alumni trustees should be no more than 2. The rest should either be appointed by the governor and/or elected by the people of the Commonwealth.

There is no doubt that the board is too large and needs to be cut to 17-20 members. The only problem is, the most logical group to take the largest cut is the alumni. There is no way to justify 1/4th of the board being represented by alumni elected trustees when less that 5% of alumni vote. If/when the board gets cut down to a comparable size of its peers, the number of alumni trustees should be no more than 2. The rest should either be appointed by the governor and/or elected by the people of the Commonwealth.
Serious question: Are there any major state universities where the BOT is elected by popular vote of the state?

I'm also not sure how the state deserves that much representation given that their financial contribution is quite small these days (in percent of total budget).

You also need a minimum of three for any rotating position, as the BOT, like a lot of organizations, rotates (the alumni members, anyway), in three year rotations. That makes a lot of sense for good governance.

But for sure, you don't need the past president of the AA to sit on the BOT.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Serious question: Are there any major state universities where the BOT is elected by popular vote of the state?

I'm also not sure how the state deserves that much representation given that their financial contribution is quite small these days (in percent of total budget).

You also need a minimum of three for any rotating position, as the BOT, like a lot of organizations, rotates (the alumni members, anyway), in three year rotations. That makes a lot of sense for good governance.

Unfortunately, as corrupt as the OGBOT are, they are merely a reflection of The Commonwealth in general. Why do you think TSM was protected? The fibers of corruption are woven together and judges/courts and legislatures are not going to bite the hand that fuels their illicit gains. You play along or you pay the price.

Reactions: jomouli23
I have to jump in here - Dr. Raykovitz, upon having Tim Curley in his office, is now fully aware of Jerry's out of program contact with a Second Mile teen. This is a HUGE red flag and Jack lied to the jury in that Dauphin Count courtroom.

Jack failed to identify the teen, thus he failed to interview the teen and gain more information. Nor did he document Tim's complaint. Jack did not sit Jerry down, discuss the out of program contact with clients, nor did he implement a written safety plan (as per state mandate).

Katherine Genovese is now also fully aware of Jerry's out of program contact with a Second Mile teen. As a certified public school teacher, she knows damned well what would constitute possible misbehavior around youth. She too fails to ask more questions of Jerry and explain why this out of program contact is such a red flag. They keep Penn State's complaint among an inner circle of leadership and suggest to Jerry to "just wear swim trunks".

They do not discuss Penn State's ban on ALL kids being brought to campus buildings by Jerry with Second Mile staff, how to enforce that, and the optics of that in the Penn State community. Instead, they provide Jerry with access to a hotel pool, where he can monkey around with children as a non-registered guest, in yet even more out of program contact with Second Mile youth.

Jack lied to the jury while sitting in Laura Ditka's witness chair. He specifically stated Jerry's role with the charity was that of Chairman, Emcee at ceremonies and Fundraisers - and that Jerry did not provide any services, therapy or counseling to Second Mile youth.

In other words, every time Jerry was with a Second Mile youth, this constituted out of program contact.

Beyond that Wendy, Raykovitz/TSM had an obligation to both Report and Investigate with DPW via his contractual relationship with DPW which made TSM/Raykovitz's relationship a Legal "Agency Relationship" under PA Child Protective Services Law. Raykovitz/TSM was doing direct subcontract work for DPW and its local Centre County CYS Office in regards to their State Adoption Program, Foster Parenting Programs, State Children- & Youth-based Programs, etc... Raykovitz/TSM did "Psychological Evaluations" on both sides of the Parents and Children that granted Sandusky direct custody of children under these State-run Programs! Under PA CPSL, PSU's Report to TSM/Raykovitz counted as a Report to PA Child Abuse Hotline and was required to be investigated by DPW and their Agent, TSM/Raykovitz. Raykovitz broke numerous provisions of the CPSL Code in regards to both 2001 and 2008 - while still collecting donations from donors, he outright lied on March 31, 2011 in his "Response to HPN's breaking the Sandusky Grand Jury Investigation" that TSM has never been named in an investigation! (TSM was absolutely named by DPW in their Official Findings and request for Law Enforcement Prosecution in the 2008 V1 Complaint and "Indicated Findings" - not only was TSM implicated, but severe sanctions were taken against them by DPW including the shutting down of the Clinton County CYS Office dedicated "TSM Coordinator" and a banning of TSM Programs from Clinton County in totality!).

Corbett slow-walked the investigation for years. He only brought it up when it served his political purposes.

Ditto the Central Mountain HS folks. They did pretty much the same thing until the mom kept after them. And they *were* under the new law.
Yeah, but they didn't prevent a phone call either.

Ignoring the clearly visible shredding at TSM was the only statement The Commonwealth needed to make about Raykovitz and Co. as protected species. Indicting and trying anyone associated with TSM would have led to the source of what really happened and cut into the very fabric of The Commonwealth Crime Syndicate. Corbett's benefactor, the man behind the curtain, would never permit this.

Reactions: jomouli23
Wendy still thinks Lynne Abraham was somehow empowered and funded to investigate TSM. This is a delusion that is s little scary after all this time.

Yea, Wendy believes that because that is what TSM told the world in their Press Release regarding Abraham's hiring you f'ing nimrod! Gee, how about the OAG telling the press days after the presentment that they were investigating TSM - another complete and utter lie by Corbutt's OAG, go figure! Here is a link to an article at the time of the announcement douche-wad - hit the hotlinked article title below (a rather ironic title relative to your post dipstick):

Here's an interesting excerpt:

People are asking The Second Mile who knew what and when.

In response, the charity’s board of directors — the ones sticking with the organization — hired former Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham to conduct an internal investigation.

Abraham will be in charge of finding out how much employees knew and how much was shared about the sexual assaults that have been alleged in a 23-page grand jury presentment, interim CEO David Woodle said.

There are some public universities that have residents of the state vote for trustees. MSU is one of them. However, the vast majority of trustees for any public University are appointed by the governor. And most of those Universities do not have any alumni-elected trustees. Notable exceptions are Indiana, Purdue and Pitt.

A REPORT was made to DPW's Child Abuse Hotline under PA Child Protective Services Law - the applicable PA Code for the subject-matter we are discussing you f'ing obfuscating bozo!
And if CSS did the same, PSU would have been off the hook. If a call was made and DPW failed, that is their issue.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
T
There are some public universities that have residents of the state vote for trustees. MSU is one of them. However, the vast majority of trustees for any public University are appointed by the governor. And most of those Universities do not have any alumni-elected trustees. Notable exceptions are Indiana, Purdue and Pitt.
The trick here is that PSU (and Pitt and Temple) are not true state universities. They are "state related"--which is a weird hybrid that I don't completely understand.The true state universities in PA are places like Slippery Rock wor West Chester. But I'll bet the legislature scr*ws them too, financially.

Am pretty weak on transmogrification theory and practice, so really have no good answer for that question. It does make you wonder though.

All I know is that had C/S/S chosen to make a report to the DPW at the top of the script in 2001, instead of skirting the issue by reporting to TSM, it would've placed the burden of making a formal determination as to what went on, or didn't go on, in the Lasch shower squarely on the State, moved the University to the sideline where it belonged in any investigation, and avoided any possible future cover-up accusations.

Ifs ... buts ... candy ... nuts ...

Easy to take that position 15 years and other factors removed from the situation.. Lot more difficult when the person you're considering calling the police on is some you know and the basis is some ambiguous description of what took place.

True.

My point is - this is a crucial step that is completely missing. "Everyone" dances around the fact that TSM leadership has not been fully explored & investigated. It's like trying to solve an Algebra equation without working the equation properly from the inside out.

• The sports media takes out their calculator (that is dead), stares at the math and answers it as "Joe Knew".
  • Our AG veers left for "Conspiracy & Cover Up by the PSU3" and fails to answer 7/8ths of it.
  • Freeh insists the PSU3 are pedophile enablers and puts his pencil down while our BoT cheats on the exam peering over his shoulder.
  • Zig flies by and takes the extreme of "The victims are all lying" while waving the math paper in the front of the classroom.
  • Message board trolls insist a call to CYS would have solved it all when they aren't even in the same building.
No one is first solving the inside of this incredibly long & complicated equation - which will never be solved at this rate.

This is the math Lynne Abraham was supposed to compute for us. Why didn't she?

Christ - maybe we DO need our Auditor General with his team to answer this effing this thing for us.

There is the crux of the matter. No one from TSM was charged. The place was closed in record time. Evidence was shredded without anyone stopping it. All bank and accounting data is missing.

The question is why, and who allowed it to happen?

Reactions: FHSPSU67
T

The trick here is that PSU (and Pitt and Temple) are not true state universities. They are "state related"--which is a weird hybrid that I don't completely understand.The true state universities in PA are places like Slippery Rock wor West Chester. But I'll bet the legislature scr*ws them too, financially.
I understand, but you can't justify having a large alumni block in the BOT with such little participation in the elections. The PSU mission statement refers to the support of the citizens of the Commonwealth. As long as it is a public university, the vast majority of the trustees should be determined by the people of the Commonwealth, either through election or appointment by elected officials.

Easy to take that position 15 years and other factors removed from the situation.. Lot more difficult when the person you're considering calling the police on is some you know and the basis is some ambiguous description of what took place.

siiiiiiigh I get so tired of saying this buuuuuuuuuuuuut

would NOW be a good time to remind people that even the OAG conceded they were not legally required to report this incident in 2001????

And if CSS did the same, PSU would have been off the hook. If a call was made and DPW failed, that is their issue.
The problem is, the same arguement can and should be made about MM, Dranov, MM's Dad, Raykovits and several other players. So why the selective prosecution?

You can't have it both ways. If you think CSS are guilty, then so are several other people. The selective prosecution, especially given the fact that the "convictions" were very minor, makes it smell like a conspiracy.

The problem is, the same arguement can and should be made about MM, Dranov, MM's Dad, Raykovits and several other players. So why the selective prosecution?

You can't have it both ways. If you think CSS are guilty, then so are several other people. The selective prosecution, especially given the fact that the "convictions" were very minor, makes it smell like a conspiracy.
CSS take the fall because they were the leaders. That's how the world works.

T

PSU is absolutely a "Public University" via Founding Charter which was undertaken via an ACT OF THE PENNSYLVANIA LEGISLATURE using Federal Funds given to the State exclusively for Higher Education under the "Morrill Land Grant Act of 1861" (i.e., using State Money and Land to found and build the school). It is absurd to say that PSU is not 100% a "Public Institution" when its entire Real Property and Infracstucture (worth billions upon billions of dollars) is owned, and operated for the benefit of, THE CITIZENS OF PENNSYLVANIA.

The only distinction of what PA calls the "State School System" is not the "ownership" of the Universities being "the public", but RATHER the OPERATION of the schools is by the PA Dept. of Education directly under the PA DOE's singular Higher Education "Charter" rather than the schools having INDIVIDUAL CHARTERS and boards.

Agree with that 100%. It's always a different situation when you're the man in the arena.

The fact remains, though, that C/S/S held very senior positions in the PSU organization, and one of things they drew their paychecks for was to make the tough calls when they had to be made. As posted elsewhere, I believe Curley made his decision out of misdirected caring born of friendship. He cared about Jerry Sandusky and what might happen to him.

Unfortunately, in this case the old saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" held true in Spades and Penn State had to pay a big price for it.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
CSS take the fall because they were the leaders. That's how the world works.

Not true. What about Raykovits? Are you telling me rank and file people cannot be convicted. Total BS post on your part, total BS. In fact, vast majority of people in jail are people of little or no power.

Total BS.

No doubt, not only complete BS in the way you are saying, but complete bull$hit that C/S/S were the "leaders" of the clear "Care and Custody Institution" of these children, a State-Licensed Charity and Childcare institution, under PA CPSL! Jack Raykovitz was the CEO of The Second Mile, the State-Licensed "Care and Custody Entity" in this situation! To claim that the CEO of the Institution LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for the victims and the Charity Counselor victimizing the victims is not a "Leader" of the responsible Institution is beyond bull$hit and goes directly to a complete bald-faced LIE!

Not true. What about Raykovits? Are you telling me rank and file people cannot be convicted. Total BS post on your part, total BS. In fact, vast majority of people in jail are people of little or no power.

Total BS.
Hey, I think that JR should have been indicted, so I'm not going to argue about him slipping away.

Hey, I think that JR should have been indicted, so I'm not going to argue about him slipping away.

OK, fair enough and thank you for your honesty. The fact that he was NOT is telling. I mean, for a guy that was a mandatory reporter, to have his defense as "make him wear swim trunks" is unforgivable. If you are going to convict CS&S for not reporting something where statue of limitations were long gone and a law that was not in place in 2001, how can you possibly NOT go after anyone at TSM? Furthermore, how is it possible we don't even know if they were investigated! How could that large charity have ZERO oversight for over two decades especially after 1998? I submit that Curley and Schultz were correct, given no corroboration with MM's watered down story at that time, JS would have walked again because TSM would have seen to it. That is why they reported it to TSM...its because they had the power to do or not do anything as state and local officials were in their back pockets.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

DPW's Seminal "Indicated Report of Child Sexual Abuse" regarding V1's Complaint - along with a request to LE to Criminally Prosecute handed to corrupt AG Corbutt on 3/3-2009 - clearly implicated The Second Mile and identified it as a criminally FRAUDULENT Charity set up for the very purpose of sexually abusing vulnerable, "at risk" Children. Nice try they "slipped away" - you're such a low-life, defender of the corrupt-hypocritical-immoral-scum, douche-bag it isn't even funny. You are the proto-typical example of a scumbag trying to propagate leaving kids in jeopardy.....probably because you are a pedophile yourself.

Agree with that 100%. It's always a different situation when you're the man in the arena.

The fact remains, though, that C/S/S held very senior positions in the PSU organization, and one of things they drew their paychecks for was to make the tough calls when they had to be made. As posted elsewhere, I believe Curley made his decision out of misdirected caring born of friendship. He cared about Jerry Sandusky and what might happen to him.

Unfortunately, in this case the old saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" held true in Spades and Penn State had to pay a big price for it.

Curley and Schultz were clueless, both bureaucrats who were good at following directives that were spelled out by others, but not much maore. If you want to place responsibility in someone's lap, it's Spanier's. Should have been clear to him almost from the outset that Curley and Schultz were over their heads. He should not have relied on their interpretations of what McQueary told them. Instead, he should have had McQeary in his office and grilled him until he specifically described what he saw that night, not some mumbo-jumbo "sexual in nature" or "inappropriate" crap. Then he should have had McQueary commit it to paper and sign it (at the very minimum). But, no, the stupid mother****er couldn't be bothered. Well, now he's paying for his arrogance and sloth.

DPW's Seminal "Indicated Report of Child Sexual Abuse" regarding V1's Complaint - along with a request to LE to Criminally Prosecute handed to corrupt AG Corbutt on 3/3-2009 - clearly implicated The Second Mile and identified it as a criminally FRAUDULENT Charity set up for the very purpose of sexually abusing vulnerable, "at risk" Children. Nice try they "slipped away" - you're such a low-life, defender of the corrupt-hypocritical-immoral-scum, douche-bag it isn't even funny. You are the proto-typical example of a scumbag trying to propagate leaving kids in jeopardy.....probably because you are a pedophile yourself.
You're the one crying about poor old Jerry's unfair trial everyday NAMBLA man. You're only concern on this planet is PSU. You don't care he molested kids. You're mad about the witch hunt you f-ing hypocrite. You would rather he didn't get caught if it meant no harm to PSU. Who the f--k do you think you are calling anyone an enabler you foaming out the mouth deranged spoiled prick. You keep trying to solve it here though, you're so close!!!! LOL@BODE

What a Bush-league comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT