ADVERTISEMENT

Feels like a slap in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. Look, you can pretend that this is all on the BOT, but CSS's conviction/pleas have nothing to do with the BOT. They screwed penn state and the victims and now are known as criminals. The reputation hit would be the same regardless. You all are mad at the wrong people.

Isn't it pretty obvious that the motivation behind all the BOT actions was to avoid being called pedophile enablers? To be "for the children"?

Isn't it obvious? It is to me.

Why not investigate exactly what Paterno's culpability was (or was not) before firing him? Because some media asshole will yell "pedophile enabler" or "what about the children"

Why pay everyone exorbitant sums of money, even though some of the claims are suspect (yes JS is still a pedophile)? Because someone might yell "look....the children".

You pretend the BOT acted any other way than the way we deserve. As people protecting their own interests, and completely devoid of leadership capabilities.

It was all about the optics for them. Period. End of story.

Isn't it pretty obvious that the motivation behind all the BOT actions was to avoid being called pedophile enablers? To be "for the children"?

Isn't it obvious? It is to me.

Why not investigate exactly what Paterno's culpability was (or was not) before firing him? Because some media asshole will yell "pedophile enabler" or "what about the children"

Why pay everyone exorbitant sums of money, even though some of the claims are suspect (yes JS is still a pedophile)? Because someone might yell "look....the children".

You pretend the BOT acted any other way than the way we deserve. As people protecting their own interests, and completely devoid of leadership capabilities.

It was all about the optics for them. Period. End of story.
BOT wanted it gone. They were atrocious. Others simply made a poor decision.

Reactions: getmyjive11
BOT wanted it gone. They were atrocious. Others simply made a poor decision.
This. The BOT were bad, but they just wanted to move on as quickly as possible. This wild goose chase trying to link them to the failure of the 2001 admins is a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey Lion
This. The BOT were bad, but they just wanted to move in as quickly as possible. This wild goose chase trying to link them to the failure of the 2001 admins is a joke.

After the testimony of C/S/S, I would tend to agree. Surely, had C/S/S informed the BOT of the issue, they would have brought it up.

But I do wonder who else "knew" or "sensed" something was wrong with Sandusky. Surely his wife must have known he was a pedophile. And the other coaches probably suspected.

But you cannot afford to now admit you might have suspected something because....."how could you not speak up when the CHILDREN were at risk?"

I always thought Joe knew something was wrong in 1998, and that's why JS was "retired". But I've read through the e-mails, and they don't tend to support that belief. Of course, what did I expect to find? "Hey, we need to talk with Jerry S about retiring because he keeps bringing in young boys to the showers."

This. The BOT were bad, but they just wanted to move on as quickly as possible. This wild goose chase trying to link them to the failure of the 2001 admins is a joke.

It was all about "the kids" with the BoT, right?

(e-e song heard coming from stall with round hand).

Reactions: pnnnylion
It was all about "the kids" with the BoT, right?

(e-e song heard coming from stall with round hand).

Of course not. It was all about not coming under media fire themselves.

The best way to avoid accusations? Act the MOST OUTRAGED.

Why do you think Corbett said, "Remember the children"? Because he knew it would immunize him against being for "football over children".

Of course not. It was all about not coming under media fire themselves.

The best way to avoid accusations? Act the MOST OUTRAGED.

Why do you think Corbett said, "Remember the children"? Because he knew it would immunize him against being for "football over children".

Football over children was a creation of the turds Surma and Frazier. Freeh did as he was instructed.

Wanting it gone is one thing. aggressively pointing the finger at someone who is ambiguously at fault points to other motivations.
They wanted to put this behind them. Absolutely nothing has come out that any of the BOT knew anything about Jerry until Spring of 2011.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
Some points to clarify matters.
  1. What the law requires isn't very satisfying. We make up law as we go. Most new law is based on which side of the aisle you sit. Whereas it was true in old America that the law was most often also morally right, thanks to today's lawyers, it is less so today.
  2. I can't imagine that the BOT is guilty of any crime, except that of horrible leadership. That's the norm for today. We have no leaders, just PC corporate puppets. Were the BOT notified about 1998 or 2001, C/S/S would have said something.
  3. BOT are clearly spineless weasels with no regard whatsoever to leadership. They had a chance to lead, it wouldn't have been too tough, but they failed completely.
  4. Never forget that the cops and legal community failed in 1998. They had a chance to tell everyone "We know Sandusky is a pedophile, we just can't charge him yet. So be aware and call us if you're suspicious." It is indisputable that had they done this, C/S/S, JoePa would have called them. One piece of pre-emptive notification would have done the trick. Leaving people to conclude that the legal system found Sandusky "not guilty" = "innocent", puts 1998 in a positive light for Sandusky in 2001, not the negative light it should have cast.

Reactions: bytir and didier
  1. Never forget that the cops and legal community failed in 1998. They had a chance to tell everyone "We know Sandusky is a pedophile, we just can't charge him yet. So be aware and call us if you're suspicious." It is indisputable that had they done this, C/S/S, JoePa would have called them. One piece of pre-emptive notification would have done the trick. Leaving people to conclude that the legal system found Sandusky "not guilty" = "innocent", puts 1998 in a positive light for Sandusky in 2001, not the negative light it should have cast.

And the million dollar question is why they failed.

They didn't prevent any of those men from making the necessary phone call.

This is more of your laughable made-up bull$hit that is diametrically contrary to the FACTUAL RECORD, you blathering @ssclown. The State charged C/S/S with double-digit Felony Counts including "Failure to Report" under CPSL as well as Felony Counts of Conspiracy, Perjury and Obstruction of Justice for the claimed "Failure to Report" Count - guess what @sshat, The State lost on 100% of these Felony Counts related to the State's claimed "Failure to Report" claims! In other words, C/S/S did not commit any crime related to not making some phone call that you keep claiming they were found criminally guilty of you moronic phucking douche-bag!

Reactions: jomouli23
Here is a question that might require 20/20 foresight: how do ambiguous descriptions of what went on in the shower that night transmogrify into anal rape 10 years later?

Am pretty weak on transmogrification theory and practice, so really have no good answer for that question. It does make you wonder though.

All I know is that had C/S/S chosen to make a report to the DPW at the top of the script in 2001, instead of skirting the issue by reporting to TSM, it would've placed the burden of making a formal determination as to what went on, or didn't go on, in the Lasch shower squarely on the State, moved the University to the sideline where it belonged in any investigation, and avoided any possible future cover-up accusations.

Ifs ... buts ... candy ... nuts ...

Am pretty weak on transmogrification theory and practice, so really have no good answer for that question. It does make you wonder though.

All I know is that had C/S/S chosen to make a report to the DPW at the top of the script in 2001, instead of skirting the issue by reporting to TSM, it would've placed the burden of making a formal determination as to what went on, or didn't go on, in the Lasch shower squarely on the State, moved the University to the sideline where it belonged in any investigation, and avoided any possible future cover-up accusations.

Ifs ... buts ... candy ... nuts ...

Wrong again, C/S/S's Report to TSM absolutely qualifies as a Report to The State's "Child Abuse Hotline" (i.e., DPW) under PA's Child Protective Services Law, but nice try at spinning the FACTUAL RECORD to your own agenda and made-up bull$hit Mad Hatter "Corrupt Corbutt Magic Kingdom" made-up "facts as we go" factual record....LMFAO, at how lame, defender-of-corruption, -immorality and -hypocrisy your bull$hit claims are.... Pathetic.

Wrong again, C/S/S's Report to TSM absolutely qualifies as a Report to The State's "Child Abuse Hotline" (i.e., DPW) under PA's Child Protective Services Law, but nice try at spinning the FACTUAL RECORD to your own agenda and made-up bull$hit Mad Hatter "Corrupt Corbutt Magic Kingdom" made-up "facts as we go" factual record....LMFAO, at how lame, defender-of-corruption, -immorality and -hypocrisy your bull$hit claims are.... Pathetic.

Do you have a specific legal citation to back up your claim? If you do, let's have it. If you don't, save the hysterics until you do.

From where I sit, TSM was simply a private, non-profit children's charity, not a State agency charged with protecting the welfare of children. Some of its professional staff were mandated reporters to the State, meaning they were legally required to file a report with DPW if, during the course of practicing their profession, they came in contact with an individual they reasonably believed may have been a molestation victim. Note that the law contemplated (1) first person contact by the staff member with a potential victim in (2) a professional setting for any report to be mandatory. A senior administrator (Jack Raykovitz) receiving a written report from an outside source (Curley) concerning alleged conduct of a well-known TSM employee (Sandusky) would've mandated exactly nothing in the way of reporting to the State and, based upon quotes attributed to Spanier and Schultz in 2012, it's obvious that both of them distinguished in their minds between reporting only to TSM versus reporting to DPW as well.

For his part, mandated reporter and CEO Jack Raykovitz apparently decided not to even discuss the report he received from Curley with TSM Board. I have no idea specifically how Curley's report might've been worded but, no matter, it would've been double hearsay when it reached him and even mandatory reporters weren't required to report hearsay. In the end, it appears Raykovitz used these facts to avoid further enlarging the circle of those who knew about the incident.

Last edited:
And the million dollar question is why they failed.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the outcome of the Federal Investigation that Ray Blehar has staked his reputation on.

Now I must admit, if he's right about that, it's a BOMBSHELL.

But of course he was lying about that from the start and this was confirmed by the RBagwell FOIA requests. Just as he was lying about the "forged documents," the "janitor who never worked at PSU," and the "Erickson notebook" and a half dozen other cockaninny claims.

But if you are a true believer, Ray's your last man standing.

Do you have a specific legal citation to back up your claim?

Based upon quotes attributed to Spanier and Schultz in 2012, it's obvious that both of them distinguished in their minds between reporting only to TSM versus reporting to DPW as well. Was there a reason for that?

For his part, Jack Raykovitz apparently decided not to even discuss the report he received from Curley with TSM Board. I have no idea specifically how the report might've been worded, but it would've been double hearsay when it got to him and even mandatory reporters weren't required to report hearsay. It appears Raykovitz used this fact to avoid further enlarging the circle of those who knew.
Why do think they never claimed that? It's not too hard to figure out why it wasn't used as a defense.....EVER. Hmmmmmm, but BODE is playing horseshoes with it. Close enough so it counts.

Why do think they never claimed that? It's not too hard to figure out why it wasn't used as a defense.....EVER. Hmmmmmm, but BODE is playing horseshoes with it. Close enough so it counts.

Right moron, is that why The State lost on 100% of their double-digit Felony Indictments related to their "Failure to Report" Charges including all of their Felony Conspiracy, Felony Obstruction of Justice and Felony Perjury Charges directly tied to The State's claim of criminal "Failure to Report" allegations under PA Child Protective Services Law?!?!

Again, The State LOST on 100% of their claims relating to criminal FTR charges and the supposed "criminal cover-up" of it (i.e., OoJ & Perjury charges) - let me guess, The State LOSING on 100% of these Felony Indictments related to FTR somehow proves C/S/S were actually guilty of FTR to an @sshat, counter-factual make-up bull$hit facts as you go douche-bag such as yourself?!?!

I guess we'll just have to wait for the outcome of the Federal Investigation that Ray Blehar has staked his reputation on.

Now I must admit, if he's right about that, it's a BOMBSHELL.

But of course he was lying about that from the start and this was confirmed by the RBagwell FOIA requests. Just as he was lying about the "forged documents," the "janitor who never worked at PSU," and the "Erickson notebook" and a half dozen other cockaninny claims.

But if you are a true believer, Ray's your last man standing.

Curious what your thoughts are on why 1998 went off the rails?

Right moron, is that why The State lost on 100% of their double-digit Felony Indictments related to their "Failure to Report" Charges including all of their Felony Conspiracy, Felony Obstruction of Justice and Felony Perjury Charges directly tied to The State's claim of criminal "Failure to Report" allegations under PA Child Protective Services Law?!?!

Again, The State LOST on 100% of their claims relating to criminal FTR charges and the supposed "criminal cover-up" of it (i.e., OoJ & Perjury charges) - let me guess, The State LOSING on 100% of these Felony Indictments related to FTR somehow proves C/S/S were actually guilty of FTR to an @sshat, counter-factual make-up bull$hit facts as you go douche-bag such as yourself?!?!
Get the horseshoe out. Nobody buys that you dope. Tim's emails didn't say TSM is the same thing as the DPW. His lawyers did not present that as a defense either. You somehow convinced yourself of something though.

Last edited:
Get the horseshoe out. Nobody buys that you dope. Tim's emails didn't say TSM is the same thing as the DPW. His lawyers did not present that as a defense either. You somehow convinced yourself of something though.

The State LOST on the "Failure to Report" and related "Conspiracy" and "Obstruction of Justice" charges you phucking moron!

Plea bargain dope. TSM was a charity. Show me where Tim or Gary pretended TSM counted. Go ahead. You pretend all you need to, that ship sailed a while ago.

State losing on 100% of their double-digit Felony Indictments related to their "Criminal Failure to Report" claims equals "guilty" according to you....good one bozo-brains, I see you've improved you're insufferable douche-bag routine- go figure.

State losing on 100% of their double-digit Felony Indictments related to their "Criminal Failure to Report" claims equals "guilty" according to you....good one bozo-brains, I see you've improved you're insufferable douche-bag routine- go figure.
Show me where they said TSM was a valid agency. They didn't. Your parents must have caught hell for Santa. It's over.

The State LOST on the "Failure to Report" and related "Conspiracy" and "Obstruction of Justice" charges you phucking moron!
Here's a nice little recap of why the charges got tossed and other arguments their lawyers made.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...-against-expenn-state-administrators,1470960/

The highlights:

"Specially-presiding judge John Boccabella granted motions by former athletic director Tim Curley, former vice president Gary Schultz and former president Graham Spanier to throw out the charge of failure to report suspected child abuse on the basis that it was barred by the statute of limitations."

"Boccabella denied motions by all three to dismiss the remaining charges. Their attorneys had argued that the child endangerment charge also was barred by the statute of limitations and that the charge was unconstitutionally vague. He also denied arguments by Schultz and Spanier that the charge violates basic principles of due process, and Spanier's argument that the charge does not apply to a person in his position.

He also denied motions to have the cases severed, and a motion by Spanier for change of venue."

"But last year, the felony perjury, obstruction and conspiracy to commit perjury charges against all three were quashed by Pennsylvania Superior Court after attorneys for the former Penn State officials successfully argued that former university counsel Cynthia Baldwin's own grand jury testimony violated their attorney-client privilege, and that she did not explain to them that she was representing the university and not them individually when each testified before the grand jury investigating Sandusky."

Shockingly there's no mention of the "notifying TSM is the same as notifying DPW" defense.

In the end, it appears Raykovitz used these facts to avoid further enlarging the circle of those who knew about the incident.

I have to jump in here - Dr. Raykovitz, upon having Tim Curley in his office, is now fully aware of Jerry's out of program contact with a Second Mile teen. This is a HUGE red flag and Jack lied to the jury in that Dauphin Count courtroom.

Jack failed to identify the teen, thus he failed to interview the teen and gain more information. Nor did he document Tim's complaint. Jack did not sit Jerry down, discuss the out of program contact with clients, nor did he implement a written safety plan (as per state mandate).

Katherine Genovese is now also fully aware of Jerry's out of program contact with a Second Mile teen. As a certified public school teacher, she knows damned well what would constitute possible misbehavior around youth. She too fails to ask more questions of Jerry and explain why this out of program contact is such a red flag. They keep Penn State's complaint among an inner circle of leadership and suggest to Jerry to "just wear swim trunks".

They do not discuss Penn State's ban on ALL kids being brought to campus buildings by Jerry with Second Mile staff, how to enforce that, and the optics of that in the Penn State community. Instead, they provide Jerry with access to a hotel pool, where he can monkey around with children as a non-registered guest, in yet even more out of program contact with Second Mile youth.

Jack lied to the jury while sitting in Laura Ditka's witness chair. He specifically stated Jerry's role with the charity was that of Chairman, Emcee at ceremonies and Fundraisers - and that Jerry did not provide any services, therapy or counseling to Second Mile youth.

In other words, every time Jerry was with a Second Mile youth, this constituted out of program contact.

Last edited:
Show me where they said TSM was a valid agency./QUOTE]

Actually Jack Raykovitz admitted on the stand that TSM was a valid agency to report to.

We can spin this all we want about not contacting CYS/DPW. It doesn't matter. The fact remains that Dr. Raykovitz is fully aware of Jerry's out of program contact with a Second Mile teen and he failed to put the kibosh on Jerry accessing those kids outside of his role with the charity.

Nobody said that wasn't the case. Do you call a Doctor when you are sick or a charity? You can go on and on about Jack. I have yet to see people saying they should not have been investigated. Two wrongs don't make it right.

That still doesn't mean CSS called it in like Bushy is trying to claim. DPW is who to call and they knew that. They were advised to call. They had it on the table and took the wrong humane approach. Their defense was NEVER going to claim TSM was the same thing. Saying TSM needed to be investigated is completely different than saying they were the reporting agency for the state. He can try to shovel that sh!t everyday and it won't become true. Hell there is no dispute about them calling TSM, it happened. Maybe the defense, prosecution, and judges all forgot TSM was the state's reporting agency. That must be it. Schools in the state were instructed to call Jerry himself before Jack took over. DPW wasn't even needed. It's idiotic BS stuff like this that is somehow acceptable here.

Last edited:
Nobody said that wasn't the case. Do you call a Doctor when you are sick or a charity? You can go on and on about Jack. I have yet to see people saying they should not have been investigated. Two wrongs don't make it right.

That still doesn't mean CSS called it in like Bushy is trying to claim. DPW is who to call and they knew that. They were advised to call. They had it on the table and took the wrong humane approach. Their defense was NEVER going to claim TSM was the same thing. Saying TSM needed to be investigated is completely different than saying they were the reporting agency for the state. He can try to shovel that sh!t everyday and it won't become true.

c52oj.jpg

That still doesn't mean CSS called it in like Bushy is trying to claim. DPW is who to call and they knew that. They were advised to call. They had it on the table and took the wrong humane approach. Their defense was NEVER going to claim TSM was the same thing. Saying TSM needed to be investigated is completely different than saying they were the reporting agency for the state. He can try to shovel that sh!t everyday and it won't become true. Hell there is no dispute about them calling TSM, it happened. Maybe the defense, prosecution, and judges all forgot TSM was the state's reporting agency. That must be it. Schools in the state were instructed to call Jerry himself before Jack took over. DPW wasn't even needed. It's idiotic BS stuff like this that is somehow acceptable here.
What are you, still, so afraid of?

True.

My point is - this is a crucial step that is completely missing. "Everyone" dances around the fact that TSM leadership has not been fully explored & investigated. It's like trying to solve an Algebra equation without working the equation properly from the inside out.

• The sports media takes out their calculator (that is dead), stares at the math and answers it as "Joe Knew".
  • Our AG veers left for "Conspiracy & Cover Up by the PSU3" and fails to answer 7/8ths of it.
  • Freeh insists the PSU3 are pedophile enablers and puts his pencil down while our BoT cheats on the exam peering over his shoulder.
  • Zig flies by and takes the extreme of "The victims are all lying" while waving the math paper in the front of the classroom.
  • Message board trolls insist a call to CYS would have solved it all when they aren't even in the same building.
No one is first solving the inside of this incredibly long & complicated equation - which will never be solved at this rate.

This is the math Lynne Abraham was supposed to compute for us. Why didn't she?

Christ - maybe we DO need our Auditor General with his team to answer this effing this thing for us.

That still doesn't mean CSS called it in like Bushy is trying to claim. DPW is who to call and they knew that. They were advised to call. They had it on the table and took the wrong humane approach. Their defense was NEVER going to claim TSM was the same thing. Saying TSM needed to be investigated is completely different than saying they were the reporting agency for the state. He can try to shovel that sh!t everyday and it won't become true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT