ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Pacino officially playing Joe in an HBO production

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61173099...pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp1

Al Pacino to Star as Penn State Coach Joe Paterno in New HBO Movie From Barry Levinson
1 hour ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

MV5BMTQzMzg1ODAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjAxODQ1._V1._SY140_.jpg

Al Pacino will star as former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno in a new HBO movie to be directed by Barry Levinson, Variety has learned.

The official logline for the film reads: “After becoming the winningest coach in college football history, Joe Paterno is embroiled in Penn State’s Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal, challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims.”

Paterno, often referred to as JoePa, is widely regarded as the best college football coach of all time. However, his career came to a sudden halt in 2011 when assistant coach Sandusky’s crimes came to light, with a 2012 report concluding that Paterno and other Penn State officials were aware of Sandusky’s actions but chose to look the other way.

Levinson will direct and executive produce through his Levinson/Fontana banner, with Jason Sosnoff and Tom Fontana also executive producing. Edward Pressman »

OK, who's your ideal casting?

McQueary - Carrot Top, stunt double Anthony Weiner
Sandusky - John Malkovich
Corbett - Colin Meaney
Peetz - Margaret Hamilton (ok I had to look up who played the Wicked Witch of the West)
Frazier - Andre Royo
Erickson - Leslie Nielson (via CGI, since Nielson is dead and Erickson was just a puppet anyway)
Emmert - Brian Dennehy

Last edited:
Among other things, in this Levison/Pacino collaboration:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...84FDC4F0B2FB1129CD6084FDC4F0B2FB1&FORM=VRDGAR

They took an incident of a guy getting shot (killed) by a Motel Manager......when a guy is ripped off by a hooker, and comes running - in a panic - through the motel......
Into, the guy is shot and killed by a jealous husband, who walks in on his wife getting shagged by the guy

I am sure the "Paterno" movie will be an accurate presentation - - - - without any extraordinary license taken to sensationalize

:rolleyes:

Reactions: mn78psu83
Among other things, in this Levison/Pacino collaboration:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...84FDC4F0B2FB1129CD6084FDC4F0B2FB1&FORM=VRDGAR

They took an incident of a guy getting shot (killed) by a Motel Manager......when a guy is ripped off by a hooker, and comes running - in a panic - through the motel......
Into, the guy is shot and killed by a jealous husband, who walks in on his wife getting shagged by the guy

I am sure the "Paterno" movie will be an accurate presentation - - - - without any extraordinary license taken to sensationalize

:rolleyes:
Oliver Stone is a consultant to ensure historical authenticity. That's good. Seriously, I'm crying from laughing at that description. Does that make me a bad person? I mean someone was murdered.

Corbett - Colin Meaney
Peetz - Margaret Hamilton (ok I had to look up who played the Wicked Witch of the West)
Frazier - Andre Royo
Erickson - Leslie Nielson (via CGI, since Nielson is dead and Erickson was just a puppet anyway)
Emmert - Brian Dennehy
And Sarah Ganim as herself giving sexual favors in a back alley.

How were his portrayals of Kevorkian and Specter? Those will probably be a good blueprint for how 'the truth' is portrayed here. I didn't watch either, but they look like 'caricature' parts in sensationalist movies - not at all interested in the truth. More interested in telling what people believe to be the truth.

Also worth noting this film doesn't appear in either Pacino's or Levinson's IMDb profile...

I've seen neither film. but his whole career has been playing nuanced characters who are neither irredeemably evil nor saintly. even when he DID play the Devil.

Corbett - Colin Meaney
Frazier - Andre Royo
Emmert - Brian Dennehy

Mike McQueary will be portrayed in animation only-- by Woody Woodpecker.
Masser will be played by a Mr. Potato Head purchased on sale at Wal-Mart.
I hope they hire a transgender actor/actress (I'm confused) to play Karen Peetz.

Reactions: humpydudas19
National Image of Penn State before Sandusky Scandal.
12463.jpg

National image of Penn State after Sandusky Scandal.
Factory-meltdowm.jpg

Reactions: LundyPSU
National Image of Penn State before Sandusky Scandal.
12463.jpg

National image of Penn State after Sandusky Scandal.
Factory-meltdowm.jpg

Wait, I thought there was an ATM outside that building? One that certainly would survive any fire; it seems to still be in good working order...

Who will play Fran Ganter as the bicycle messenger tasked with firing Paterno with a post-it note?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT