ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Pacino officially playing Joe in an HBO production

Zenophile

Oct 21, 2001
Directly above the center of the Earth
Hopeful that lessons have been learned (but not holding my breath).

Exclusive: Al Pacino will Play Joe Paterno in Barry Levinson HBO Movie
by Roger Friedman - May 16, 2017 9:54 am

Al Pacino and Barry Levinson will reunite with HBO for an untitled film about Joe Paterno and the Sandusky scandals at Penn State. The famed actor and director previously teamed with HBO for hit movies about Phil Spector and Dr. Jack Kevorkian. A previous incarnation of this film, called Happy Valley, was almost made for HBO with Brian DePalma directing. It was canceled in 2014. Production is set to begin in July.​

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror

Al Pacino and Barry Levinson will reunite with HBO for an untitled film about Joe Paterno and the Sandusky scandals at Penn State. The famed actor and director previously teamed with HBO for hit movies about Phil Spector and Dr. Jack Kevorkian. A previous incarnation of this film, called Happy Valley, was almost made for HBO with Brian DePalma directing. It was canceled in 2014. Production is set to begin in July.​
I thought "Disaster" movies went out of vogue after The Poseidon Adventure and the Towering Inferno.

This will be an absolute disaster.

Prepare for the worst, but don't be surprised if Pacino and Levinson provide a more nuanced version of events and perspective, at least as they pertain to Paterno. We can only hope, right?

Reactions: step.eng69
Prepare for the worst, but don't be surprised if Pacino and Levinson provide a more nuanced version of events and perspective, at least as they pertain to Paterno. We can only hope, right?
How is your relationship with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny going?

:)

This thing will make the "Happy Valley" movie look like a Chamber of Commerce propaganda short.

They may try to make Paterno into a tragic figure. A good man who was brought down by a character flaw of some sort. I don't think they can portray him as a crazy win at any cost coach.

Reactions: We Are . . .
I'm expecting this movie to get the Greek tragedy treatment. Joe as protagonist. A great man ultimately felled by a tragic flaw - his inability to see what was happening around him. Yada, yada, yada. A real morality play.

Just thinking about this movie makes me throw up in my mouth a bit .

They may try to make Paterno into a tragic figure. A good man who was brought down by a character flaw of some sort. I don't think they can portray him as a crazy win at any cost coach.
You beat me to the punch, hotmetal. Great minds think alike.

I'm expecting this movie to get the Greek tragedy treatment. Joe as protagonist. A great man ultimately felled by a tragic flaw - his inability to see what was happening around him. Yada, yada, yada. A real morality play.

Nail meet hammer.

Is Bernie playing Galen Hall?
Himself. He will be in the movie, in person or a video clip from "Happy Valley"
th

Hey Bear, I just took a closer look at your new avatar, Yikes! I feel the pain.

I'm still hopeful I get cast as Scott Paterno. Perhaps an Emmy is in my future. :D

Reactions: LafayetteBear

[/QUOTE]

Anyone see the Kevorkian or Spector movies these two made together? I know Pacino got good reviews for his work in both, but....um....

x342.jpg

Reactions: mn78psu83
PSU president in no hurry to complete Freeh report review

“There’s not a single decision coming before the board or coming before the university that is in any way, shape or form based on the Freeh report,” Barron said.
Exactly. This continued collateral damage is on you, Barron.
Which bernie mccue screenplay are they opting for I wonder...
For reals. They'll never portray Bernie as the fraud he is. Dude needs his own movie for people to understand why he is not to be believed.

The last scene in the movie will show the actual Freeh press conference with Louis Freeh reading a list of allegations then followed by a black screen with white text where they say that Tim, Gary & Graham were all convicted. Then fade to black and cue the credits and somber music...

Also worrying - with 'Happy Valley', they at least announced the actor playing Sandusky (the all-too perfect Noah Emmerich)....

ADVERTISEMENT