ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Pacino officially playing Joe in an HBO production

The last scene in the movie will show the actual Freeh press conference with Louis Freeh reading a list of allegations then followed by a black screen with white text where they say that Tim, Gary & Graham were all convicted. Then fade to black and cue the credits and somber music...
Jeebzus - - - - you may have nailed it!!!!

They may try to make Paterno into a tragic figure. A good man who was brought down by a character flaw of some sort. I don't think they can portray him as a crazy win at any cost coach.
Of course they can portray him anyway they wish to. They don't care about reality but about "a good story".

Lead in to the movie:
“The movie you are about to see is a true story based on speculation, conjecture, hearsay, gossip and rumors. Deception and fraud plays into the movie with spinning the actual events. No names have been changed to protect the innocent."

"The events depicted in this film took place in State College, PA., beginning in the summer of 1973 with a sexually abused boy speaking with then head coach Joe Paterno and other coaches in the hallway, outside of Paterno’s office, about his Sandusky abduction."

Last edited:
So, let's see whom else can be cast in this film....

Graham Spanier - David Strathairn
Sue Paterno - Marion Ross
Jay Paterno - Adam Devine

Whom else?
sara ganim - Daniel Radcliffe
karen peetz - Cher

So, let's see whom else can be cast in this film....

Graham Spanier - David Strathairn
Sue Paterno - Marion Ross
Jay Paterno - Adam Devine

Whom else?

Abby Miller (Justified) as Sara Ganim?

MV5BMTg0MDUxMTc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDgwOTA1NzE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
sara-ganim.jpg

Too bad Jim Varney is dead. He could have portrayed D'Andrea. Burl Ives could have been Jabba the Hutt Eckel. Don Knotts could have portrayed Masser. Dean Jagger could have portrayed Surma.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Lead in to the movie:
“The movie you are about to see is a true story based on speculation, conjecture, hearsay, gossip and rumors. Deception and fraud plays into the movie with spinning the actual events. No names have been changed to protect the innocent."

"The events depicted in this film took place in State College, PA., beginning in the summer of 1973 with a sexually abused boy speaking with then head coach Joe Paterno and other coaches in the hallway, outside of Paterno’s office, about his Sandusky abduction."
You forgot the part about this young boy lecturing Paterno for being insensitive. :eek:

There are a lot of people in this country that have a neverending hardon for Joe Paterno and Penn State. It is a conscious effort to try to keep anything negative about PSU in the news at cycles that are now more than a year in length. Nevermind the recruits keep coming, it's like all media people exist to ensure the care and feeding of the part of the pitt fanbase that is simply subhuman.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Hollywood cares as much about the truth as sara ganim does.

Agree. Otherwise this would be a movie about Paterno's entire career, with the JS episode being just a small part instead of the main part. It they cared about the truth they would consult with Posnanski who at least spent a great deal of time with the Paternos.

Reactions: PSU65
The thought of this movie being produced sickens me. Pitch of the story line for the last attempt was good guy succeeds (Joe) then is misguided by power. I have little doubt it will be different. Anyone have contact info for producers and/or Pacino?

Think of how Bear Bryant was portrayed in Forrest Gump.

Bear was depicted as a racist when in fact he was a leader in integrating southern football.

And now imagine Joe's portrayal in this movie being three standard deviations in the negative direction. Because, Holllywood.

Reactions: Zenophile
Anyone who wants to preview how Paterno will be portrayed by Pacino
need only watch his 2013 movie about Phil Specter.

Pacino played a Pro Football Head Coach in 'Any Given Sunday', gives one of the best movie half time speeches of all time:

There are a lot of people in this country that have a neverending hardon for Joe Paterno and Penn State. It is a conscious effort to try to keep anything negative about PSU in the news at cycles that are now more than a year in length. Nevermind the recruits keep coming, it's like all media people exist to ensure the care and feeding of the part of the pitt fanbase that is simply subhuman.

Would love to see if Don Belisario has any influence or interaction with Levinson or Pacino in Hollywood...I know Don was close to Sue so I'd bet he was fond of Joe as well...

Much may depend upon the script, but Barry Levinson is a quality director. Rain Man and The Natural come to mind. Let's wait before assuming the worst.

Reactions: Zenophile
Much may depend upon the script, but Barry Levinson is a quality director. Rain Man and The Natural come to mind. Let's wait before assuming the worst.
I heard from a very, very good source ganim is an adviser. If that is true my expectations are low. Joe will probably be portrayed as Caligula.

Reactions: mn78psu83
This ain't "RainMan" or "The Natural"........

We all know what this story is....... exactly what 99% of the public is going to consider paying to see...... and that ain't a "feel good" story about JoePa or PSU

This ain't rocket surgery

It will be a nightmare to anyone who cares about PSU

The odds that it is anything other than that?
Less - SIGNIFICANTLY LESS - than my odds of dunking over LeBron

This ain't "RainMan" or "The Natural"........

We all know what this story is....... exactly what 99% of the public is going to consider paying to see...... and that ain't a "feel good" story about JoePa or PSU

This ain't rocket surgery

It will be a nightmare to anyone who cares about PSU

The odds that it is anything other than that?
Less - SIGNIFICANTLY LESS - than my odds of dunking over LeBron

Levinson has a solid reputation. I don't think this will be a hit piece. I'm not suggesting it will portray Joe as a saint, but I think it will fairer than most here believe. Only time will tell.

Reactions: baircub1!
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT