ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Former tOSU coach Zach Smith spilling the tea about Tom Herman on twitter...

Theoretically, yes. Practically, no. These players are proud talented people who could play elsewhere. Don't think they would tolerate it.

Let me ask you this. If ZS was a bigot and used the N word, don't you think it would get out and black players would not sign with OSU.

Also, UM needs Black players to win. As a practical matter, would he keep a bigot on his staff?

I never said he was a bigot. Using that term in and of itself does not make one a bigot. It’s s horrible, ugly work that hear used every day by young people of all shades.
The players could play anywhere they wanted to, but they chose OSU. One jackass coach using that term is probably not enough to cause them to go through the hassle of switching schools, especially if it wasn’t directed at them.
As a practical matter, he kept the guy on two staffs with serious spousal abuse allegations against him. So do I think he would keep the same guy on his staff for throwing that term out at a player? Absolutely.

So do I think he would keep the same guy on his staff for throwing that term out at a player? Absolutely.

We disagree. (Of course, to believe what you believe, you would also have to believe the many expressions of support in favor of Meyer are orchestrated, which I don't believe.)

I agree with you....wouldn't take long for him to be gone and players to quit coming if he was running around calling them the n word. Having said that, siding with Smith isn't a walk in the park either. His comments are pretty damning for tOSU football in and of themselves.

Who to believe? Pick your poison.

There is not an accusation that he was running around, throwing the term around. The allegation is that he yelled it one time at a kid in a way I hear regularly by kids. Granted, Smith is a grown man but he certainly doesn’t act like one so it does not surprise me to hear that he would speak like his.
Is it true? No idea, but I certainly wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand.

Reactions: 91Joe95
He was an idiot. UM is not perfect and let his loyalty to Earle Bruce cloud his judgment. Everyone has made mistakes.
no surprise tOSU's WR group improved this year.

Lots and lots of rumors in CLE that Urbs is gone. It will come down to the AD versus Urbs and Smith sided with the President when this all came down. That all of these health issue red flags are a way to let Urbs resign and retire with a saved face.

Lots and lots of rumors in CLE that Urbs is gone.

No one knows. UM will do what is best for him. However, in the Michigan State game, he was the old, enthusiastic UM for the first time since this issue arose. Of course, people like to spread these types of rumors to hurt OSU recruiting.

Trevon Grimes just liked a tweet saying that his mother was fired because of Brett McMurphy story.

Surprising that she had a job at all in healthcare field after stealing from those she was providing eldercare. Quite possible that they either didn’t do a thorough background check and are now under the gun or pe haps she wasn’t truthful in her application.

Surprising that she had a job at all in healthcare field after stealing from those she was providing eldercare. Quite possible that they either didn’t do a thorough background check and are now under the gun or pe haps she wasn’t truthful in her application.

All fair suppositions that are somewhat predictable if you are in McMurphy's shoes. Very possibly he threw a dying woman under the bus to advance his own career and support his meal ticket, Courtney Smith and Tom Herman and Herman's wife. In my view, doesn't put McMurphy in a good light.

I don't know. The evidence is mixed and Courtney Smith's mother didn't believe her. The Powell police records will be released in several weeks, which should shed a lot of light on the situation. If UM intervened to protect Smith with the Powell PD, UM should be fired.

This thread is about whether ZS used the N-word. All of the witnesses there dispute it. Will not go into the CS issue anymore here. There are many past threads dealing with it, and if you wish to restart them you can.

I’m not looking at this one isolated incident with ZS... you have to look at his total crazy and disruptive behavior which is fully being exposed now...

And... Urban has no idea about what ZS was up to ?

Is easy to say Urban was blinded by his loyalty.., OR.,, Zach was a great recruiter who brought UM the players he needed to win.,, no matter what it took to recruit these players...

ZS is a whack job... and did not become a whack job overnight...

Just saying...

This link includes about 5-7 ex-OSU players and some relatives of players. Also, Meyer's two Black bosses, Drake and Smith, unequivocally supported Meyer. https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...is-Campbell-Darron-Lee-124679460/#124679460_3

Not a surprise at all to me that they would support Urban. Not at all.
It means little to me. I don’t know if it’s true or not. The whole story is sketchy regarding OSU, especially the trip down to FL to speak with the kid and his mother. Innocent. Who knows? But it certainly raises some serious questions.
What does become clear is that Urban made a huge mistake in not walking away from Smith years ago when he could/should have.

ZS is a whack job... and did not become a whack job overnight...

Just saying...

I agree he was a whack job. Don't agree that he was an especially good recruiter. Don't think that any of his receiver recruits at OSU were No. 1 draft picks.

All fair suppositions that are somewhat predictable if you are in McMurphy's shoes. Very possibly he threw a dying woman under the bus to advance his own career and support his meal ticket, Courtney Smith and Tom Herman and Herman's wife. In my view, doesn't put McMurphy in a good light.

What if his story is true?

What if space aliens landed in Arizona last night? Anyone can ask what if about anything. The overwhelming evidence is that it didn't happen.

What is the overwhelming evidence? I’ve seen some statements by a handful of people, all of whom have a vested interest in it not being true.

What is the overwhelming evidence? I’ve seen some statements by a handful of people, all of whom have a vested interest in it not being true.

Jalyn Holmes, Josh Perry, Nick Bosa, and Darren Lee all have no official connections to OSU now. They support Meyer unequivocally. Also, it makes no sense practically to cover for someone who uses the N-word.

Would add that accused criminals are routinely convicted and jailed based on the statements of (alleged) victims who have a vested interest. Just because someone has an interest in something doesn't mean their statements are not trustworthy, particularly in this case where the surrounding circumstances (the necessity of recruiting Black players) support the credibility and logic of the statements being made.

Last edited:
Jalyn Holmes, Josh Perry, Nick Bosa, and Darren Lee all have no official connections to OSU now. They support Meyer unequivocally. Also, it makes no sense practically to cover for someone who uses the N-word.

Would add that accused criminals are routinely convicted and jailed based on the statements of (alleged) victims who have a vested interest. Just because someone has an interest in something doesn't mean their statements are not trustworthy, particularly in this case where the surrounding circumstances (the necessity of recruiting Black players) support the credibility and logic of the statements being made.

Again, I’m not saying the allegation is true but you will bend over backwards to believe anything that avoids putting OSU in a negative light.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Again, I’m not saying the allegation is true but you will bend over backwards to believe anything that avoids putting OSU in a negative light.

From my perspective, you bend over backwards to put everything involving OSU in a negative light. As far as I am concerned we can agree to disagree.

More proof of total crap. You are an embarrassment to the human race. Keep it up, I will keep this interchange as an example of how stupid and mean-spirited football message posters can be. Don't let facts get in the way of your ignorant hate.
Quotes from players who don’t want to lose playing time are not facts.

[with QUOTE="dailybuck777, post: 3802212, member: 87646"]From my perspective, you bend over backwards to put everything involving OSU in a negative light. As far as I am concerned we can agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]
How much shit has to hit the fan before you think there might be something not so great going on with Meyer and his operation?

I agree he was a whack job. Don't agree that he was an especially good recruiter. Don't think that any of his receiver recruits at OSU were No. 1 draft picks.

Well... he was not a “ bad” recruiter...and again based on a number of things we are oubkicallybhearing about now in regards to this lunatics behavior... you can’t tell Me those inside the OSU program did not think this guy was toxic...

I actually think someone trying to “
Protect” guys like this because of loyalty” to a mentor.., classifies as either 1) clueless 2) has little regard for other of their coaching peers who do the right thing within their organization or 3) are just lying...

I respect UM for putting a winning product on the field.,. I have very little respect for the methods which he works his craft...

Frankly... and I can’t believe I’m saying this... as much as I dislike Hairball... this kind of behavior has never come out during his long coaching career.,.

Yeah, he just up and moved back to Florida because he loved OSU so much.

This is an all-timer of a dumb post. He left for Florida according to him to be close to his mother. The allegation is that ZS used the N-word in an argument with him. Grimes and all of his OSU teammates say the McMurphy story is 100% false. The N-word story is false, which is the topic of this post. Even if he went to Florida for a weird reason, the N-word story has been proven to be false.

Last edited:
I actually think someone trying to “
Protect” guys like this because of loyalty” to a mentor......

Same thing going on now with awful linebacker's coach Davis, who was Urban's best man at his wedding. Awful coach and awful linebacker play with multiple 5-star linebackers on the team. Urban made mistake of hiring him. Definitely responsible for Iowa loss last year and bore major responsibility for Oklahoma loss. LBs were absolutely clueless in covering tight ends in both games.

This is an all-timer of a dumb post. He left for Florida according to him to be close to his mother. The allegation is that ZS used the N-word in an argument with him. Grimes and all of his OSU teammates say the McMurphy story is 100% false. The N-word story is false, which is the topic of this post. Even if he went to Florida for a weird reason, the N-word story has been proven to be false.
Please explain how it’s been proven false.

Then atevyiuvsa
Same thing going on now with awful linebacker's coach Davis, who was Urban's best man at his wedding. Awful coach and awful linebacker play with multiple 5-star linebackers on the team. Urban made mistake of hiring him. Definitely responsible for Iowa loss last year and bore major responsibility for Oklahoma loss. LBs were absolutely clueless in covering tight ends in both games.

Will Urbans “ Bad Judgement” then be his downfall ?

I met and spoke with him while playing in a Charity Golf Tourney in Memphis ( St Jude’s) a number of years ago.,,asked him if he was coming to Penn State... he smiles and asked me “ when is Joe retiring”...

I actually believe if the Sandusky tragedy had not happened... Yrban iutbofvrrspect for Joe ( apparemtlybhe was on a short list) would have been Penn States Coach.

However... I am curious how our fan base would react...if UM won a few National titles... yet was exposed like he is now on some very questionable judgement calls...we will never know.

I’m. Happy with franklin because it does appear.. he is doing things the “ right” way... my .02...

Please explain how it’s been proven false.

Read post 188 and click on the link. If that doesn't explain it to you, then you need to go back to the fourth grade. Post whatever else you wish. I will not waste my time with you in future posts. The alleged recipient of the racial slur is saying that it didn't happen along with many others who were there.

Like Pavlov’s Dogs
Go Bucks
Dotting the I
The Shoe
Jack Nicklaus
All get them frothing at the mouth
And...
0ahbnpy40o.jpg

You guys lost to Iowa by about a hundred last year, hard to believe that was the fault of the linebackers coach. No idea if he is a good coach or not. You guys were not ready to play that day, same as you guys were not ready to play against Purdue this year. That is on the head coach...I fully realize that some days your team just is not ready for whatever reason. Happened to us this year against Sparty. When it happens, you hope you are playing Rutgers that day.

Reactions: acg116
Read post 188 and click on the link. If that doesn't explain it to you, then you need to go back to the fourth grade. Post whatever else you wish. I will not waste my time with you in future posts. The alleged recipient of the racial slur is saying that it didn't happen along with many others who were there.
He never said it didn’t happen, he liked a tweet. Seems someone needs to go back to fourth grade, but not me. “I have hard evidence your honor that my client didn’t do it...he liked a tweet. Defense rests.”

It’s definitely a risky move for McMurphy to focus on the mother if he is off-base. However, seems clear that McMurphy is saying that she lied about her illness and he must have had to justify that to his editors to run it. I imagine with health privacy concerns the threshold was something definitely considered in terms of liability. I have no idea whether she lied about the illness in order for her son to be immediately eligible or not, but just pointing out that if she was fired then probably due to her own past actions that surfaced. In other words, don’t blame McMurphy for the fact that you are a thief, he just laid it bare for the world to see.

Excuse us if we don't buy all of the talking points the sad minions push to protect their semi-pro team of underachievers.

The Meyer protecting Zach Smith despite spouse abuse issues at 2 programs, failed drug rehab, a covered up DUI, taking penis pics on his university phone at the white house, $2200 in sex toys delivered to the Ohio St football building, an affair with a football office secretary who was reassigned but no slap on the wrist to Zach, and God knows what else being due to Meyer's mentor is perhaps the funniest.

The truth is that Zach was the bag man. It could not be more obvious. Despite what our resident minion claims, Smith was top 5 IN THE NATION (in 2017 and beginning 2018) as a recruiter before he was fired. He specialized in 5 and very high 4 star players from thousands of miles away from Columbus. Hmmm.

Ohio St rivals recruiting rankings the last 10 years (top 20 without Smith, #2 or 3 with him except the year the Ohio police lived with the Smiths)

2019 - 14 or so now - Smith fired (was top 5 before Smith was fired)

2018 - 2

2017 - 2

2016 - 3

2015 - 9 Smith arrest, police reports, DUI, etc

2014 - 3

2013 - 2

2012 - 4 Smith hired

2011 - 11

2010 - 25

Here are Smith's top 10 recruits by ranking. They average 1208 miles from Columbus and probably at least 20 degrees warmer climate. This is the profile of a bagman. It could not be more obvious.

• Nick Bosa St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Tate Martell Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV)

I think Ohio St should embrace the fact that they are buying recruits and advertise their prices. The NCAA doesn't even pretend to care anymore. Just admit that you were buying a team full of mercenaries and Zach ensured that the money from the high profile backers made it to the kids and or their families. Who is performing this role now?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT