ADVERTISEMENT

Facundo

"A Giant Can of Golden Bantam" About Bob Veale: "He could Throw a Grape Through a Locomotive". He had some really strange but awesome sayings :)
One of my favorite memories was as a youngster...listening late at night on my transistor radio to a Pirates game. It was in the later innings when a Pirate hit the ball and I heard: "There is a Long Drive to Deep Left Field. Back Back and you can K.......and the Shortstop hauls it in.". I later learned that fans would often hand Bob and his crew beers through the open Broadcasters booth...often Pitchers of beer. Prince would thank them, toast them and drink it down. Also alleged to be having the harder stuff on the side. The fans LOVED him. Sometimes his late game calls were a bit off :) Memories :)
I hated him,and what the hell is a loopng line drive?GO REDS!LOL

Reactions: a_mshaffer
It's very popular in celebrity circles nowadays.
giphy.gif
No one talks about it because it's so very beside the point, but Smith's technique was impressive, as was Rock's ability to absorb it.

Smith plants with his right foot at the same time as he delivers the slap, both with lightning speed. Smith also manages to extend his elbow parallel to the floor for maximum leverage, and follows through. He's like the Pavel Datsyuk of slapping. Datsyuk had a gift for ripping off a shot, with velocity, before the goalie knew it was off the stick. Rock, the goalie in my analogy, takes one off the mask like a pro but perhaps should've left the game if the concussion observers were doing their job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT