ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Kolb from Benton

Anything deep fried in lard is better.
Unfortunately King Wolfe administration, doesn't allow lard to be used in mass produced foods anymore, not even joking about that. Middlesworth chips haven't been the same since.

Unfortunately King Wolfe administration, doesn't allow lard to be used in mass produced foods anymore, not even joking about that. Middlesworth chips haven't been the same since.
I agree! Still the best BBQ though, no one else comes close!

Reactions: nitlion6
Natural casing
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Grandma Utz are still cooked in Lard. It's the 2nd ingredient behind potatoes.

You savages act like you've never had Herr's potato chips.

The Old Bay chips are superior to anything.

Grandma Utz are still cooked in Lard. It's the 2nd ingredient behind potatoes.
Your correct. I forgot small batch items can still use it. Most of Utzs chips use cotton seed oil. We have a local donut place that uses lard and there stuff is better then anyone's. If we don't get some wrestling to talk about soon I'd hate to see what other stupid shit we can talk about

We have a local donut place that uses lard and there stuff is better then anyone's.
Wrong again. I've tried every "can't miss" donut place I've ever heard of. For some reason, all of us fatties in Erie have figured out the donut thing. Mighty Fine>Jack Frost>H&K>everyone else in the country...even Punxsutawney.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I have issues with bakeries, thus my XXL size says my Endocrinologist, PCP, Dietitian and the airline stewardess when she hands me my seat belt extender.

I was heading in that direction but when you drive an hour and a half to Oil City because someone said Clark Doughnuts were good, there is a problem.

Best doughnuts/cinnamon roll on the planet are Orams in Beaver Falls.

Bordeaux, if you do host your OTT get together in April, I'll bring a box of Orams. (After driving 2 hrs 45 min the box may be the only thing left).

I have issues with bakeries, thus my XXL size says my Endocrinologist, PCP, Dietitian and the airline stewardess when she hands me my seat belt extender.

I was heading in that direction but when you drive an hour and a half to Oil City because someone said Clark Doughnuts were good, there is a problem.

Bordeaux, if you do host your OTT get together in April, I'll bring a box of Orams. (After driving 2 hrs 45 min the box may be the only thing left).
Deal. And I'll be at OTT no matter what the circumstance. And one other donut tip: when I'm in Naples, the drive to the corner of Old 41 and Bonita Beach Road to Trackside Donuts is always in the cards. Their apple fritters are ridiculous. And the size of a frisbee.

I just ran out for my Megaball Billion Dollar ticket and to find these Middleswarth Chips at Sheetz. My western PA Sheetz does not carry that brand, they have Utz.

I can't possibly strike out twice, I guess that means I'll hit the Megaball tonight.
Thought it would be worth a shot. I thought Sheetz distributed all the same products to all their stores. Guess not.

If you’ve had Brits donuts in Carolina Beach, you would drive 12 hours. Any Brits fans out there?
They open at 7:00 every day and the line is usually 50 deep by 6:00
They make glazed donuts, thats it,and they are to kill for.

I’ll set you up with all the Clarks you want, trade for Orams?

If you’ve had Brits donuts in Carolina Beach, you would drive 12 hours. Any Brits fans out there?
They open at 7:00 every day and the line is usually 50 deep by 6:00
They make glazed donuts, thats it,and they are to kill for.
They are excellent. We waited one day.

We went to Wake and Bake too. I thought they were good. If you went to Wake and Bake when they were busy, you could get the donut holes for free and just buy coffee. They put the holes out in trays to eat while you're in line.

Most over rated donut: Duck Donuts. Wasn't impressed, especially for the cost and wait.

Reactions: hlstone
I will have to have my 71 year old father explain all of these PA cultural references to me.

So that is what happened to Middlesworth! should have figured Wolfe had is hand in it!!!

Good’s Blue Bag chips are still cooked in lard. They are only available in Eastern Pennsylvania for The most part. Very popular still and you can find them in grocery shelves as well as at Farmers Markets. They haven’t changed.

Good’s Blue Bag chips are still cooked in lard. They are only available in Eastern Pennsylvania for The most part. Very popular still and you can find them in grocery shelves as well as at Farmers Markets. They haven’t changed.
Good's are fine chips. As far as I know the only place that carries them around State College (sort of) is Burkholders out in Millheim.

thx. couldn't remember the name. think they're better than all these mentioned. unfortunately, can't get them where we live :confused:

Good's are fine chips. As far as I know the only place that carries them around State College (sort of) is Burkholders out in Millheim.
Yeah, there is a store down in Belleville that carries them as well. Just an excellent chip.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT