ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN plus ....

What The Wtf GIF by CBC

Trouble getting espn plus to chromecast. Regular espn through TV provider has no issues along with all of my other apps. Any suggestions?

What the hell are you typing about?

I originally asked whether this was the time to cancel B1G+, then realized there was a reminder up above, so I removed the post.
Hmm . . I had explained it once and it seemed to take, but I now see biomed's nanny deleted another of mine. Not going to bother again, just know it wasn't you.

Does anyone remember ESPN+'s setup to watch individual mats? Is it similar to B10+'s?

I guess I'll have each mat open ahead on individual tabs so I can quickly flip to a mat when a PSU guy is up.

Trouble getting espn plus to chromecast. Regular espn through TV provider has no issues along with all of my other apps. Any suggestions?
As far as I know, espn+ must go through a subscription service provider, which Chromecast and Google TV is not. If you have a provider, re sign-in. Espn+ has major issues casting. If you have Hulu, that works better.

As far as I know, espn+ must go through a subscription service provider, which Chromecast and Google TV is not. If you have a provider, re sign-in. Espn+ has major issues casting. If you have Hulu, that works better.
I have no issues casting ESPN+ from the ESPN app on my iPad to either my Roku stick, my Google Chromecast, or my LG smart TV. I have an ESPN+ subscription through my Disney+ bundle I got with Verizon. ESPN+ is a streaming service, so you don't need a TV service provider (which I do not have).

For the other question: ESPN+ has a stream for each mat, plus two other streams: a MATCAST and a Championship stream. I think one of them is a split screen stream, and the other may have commentary (or one might just have the mat assignments; I don't recall).

I have no issues casting ESPN+ from the ESPN app on my iPad to either my Roku stick, my Google Chromecast, or my LG smart TV. I have an ESPN+ subscription through my Disney+ bundle I got with Verizon. ESPN+ is a streaming service, so you don't need a TV service provider (which I do not have).

For the other question: ESPN+ has a stream for each mat, plus two other streams: a MATCAST and a Championship stream. I think one of them is a split screen stream, and the other may have commentary (or one might just have the mat assignments; I don't recall).
Okay, so you're going through Disney+ bundle for what, about $10/month through Verizon? I had that last year on promo. I see lots of folks having problems casting espn+. I got it last year and it was a nightmare going through Dish or Disney+/Verizon. Everything I've seen says the same thing. Log off of everything, and sign-in again. Good luck.

Also, it would play on my phone or pad, just couldn't cast. Kinda like my boys that are in college. They can't cast Netflix, but they can watch it under my account on their pads and phones. Lol

Does anyone remember ESPN+'s setup to watch individual mats? Is it similar to B10+'s?

I guess I'll have each mat open ahead on individual tabs so I can quickly flip to a mat when a PSU guy is up.
You can either set up favorites on Trackwrestling or follow PSU Wrestling's twitter to get mat assignments.

Reactions: mhlarch
I got it last year and it was a nightmare going through Dish or Disney+/Verizon. Everything I've seen says the same thing.
Not "everything," as you've now seen that I have had zero issues casting. I watched a number of matches while riding my bike downstairs, casting from my iPad to my Google Chromecast device attached to my Vizio non-smart TV.

Reactions: Hotshoe
In the days leading up to the big show the stress gets to some of us. This often leads to crappy threads and in fighting.

I’m confused by all the references to ESPN+ in this thread and hope folks aren’t setting themselves up for disappointment next weekend. As I understand it, all the sessions will be broadcast on ESPN-3 and ESPN-U with the finals on ESPN (see @ItalianLion’s indispensable pinned post on streaming options).

Those channels are different than and not included with an ESPN+ subscription. Here’s a blurb from the ESPN+ FAQ:

“An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.“

I’m currently planning to do a 7-day trial subscription on a streaming service that carries ESPN, ESPN-3, and ESPN-U starting tomorrow (eg, FuboTV, Sling, YouTube TV, etc).

I’m confused by all the references to ESPN+ in this thread and hope folks aren’t setting themselves up for disappointment next weekend. As I understand it, all the sessions will be broadcast on ESPN-3 and ESPN-U with the finals on ESPN (see @ItalianLion’s indispensable pinned post on streaming options).

Those channels are different than and not included with an ESPN+ subscription. Here’s a blurb from the ESPN+ FAQ:

“An ESPN+ subscription does not give you access to stream ESPN’s traditional TV networks or the content on them. To stream those networks, you need a television subscription through a cable, satellite or digital provider.“

I’m currently planning to do a 7-day trial subscription on a streaming service that carries ESPN, ESPN-3, and ESPN-U starting tomorrow (eg, FuboTV, Sling, YouTube TV, etc).
The early rounds are on ESPN+ (if you want to choose the mat) and ESPNU

This worked for me with Big 10s and BTN/B1G+ so I am assuming it's will work for me with Nationals and ESPN as well.

I have both Apple Tv in one room, and Roku in the others. I think I like Roku better overall, but the one advantage Apple Tv has, is it supports multi screen/picture in picture when the streaming channel supports it.

For Big10s, once I knew the coming mat assignments, I was quickly able to set up my screen to see multiple PSU matches concurrently. There are several options 1 screen, 2 side by side, 2 with one full screen and the second picture in picture, 3 with one dominant and two stacked to the right, 4/quad screens.

I am hopeful I get the same functionality on ESPN for nationals. If not I have my laptop and a tablet handy.

I also mute all and attempt to sync with Byers live call, and for the most part the video is ahead of the audio so I simply pause the video until synched.

It works pretty well but then I also keep a spreadsheet going capturing stuff from every match. That can be taxing to keep up.

I am not encouraging everyone to go out and pay the apple premium for their tech, but I was pretty happy with how Big 10s played out. I will be equally bummed if ESPN is not compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhlarch
It's very simple:

Do you want overall coverage where they jump between mats but have commentary? Don't use ESPN+.

Do you want to watch the PSU guys (or any complete matches) and don't need commentary ? Use ESPN+.

Usually the best move is to have on whatever channel it's playing on so you can keep track of all of the matches and then switch to ESPN+ when one of the good guys is going.

According to the ESPN streaming schedule, *all* mats and all sessions are being streamed on ESPN+. For instance, here's the URL for Saturday's streaming: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/schedule/_/type/upcoming/channel/ESPN_PLUS/startDate/20240323

This, of course, is (included in) the ESPN+ subscription.

Usually the mat assignments are scrolled underneath the individual matches during the match. Track has them but track is a pain in the ass. Almost always someone on here posts them during the session.

Could you folks please dumb this down for me? What subscription must I buy to watch every session for the tourney? I don’t need to skimp as far as price but I also don’t wanna go overboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, not very tech savvy. Thanks in advance.

Could you folks please dumb this down for me? What subscription must I buy to watch every session for the tourney? I don’t need to skimp as far as price but I also don’t wanna go overboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, not very tech savvy. Thanks in advance.
11 bucks, espn plus, monthly, cancel after event is over. All sessions, all mats are covered.

To see every session you will need ESPN3 and ESPNU (that will depend on your local cable package or other screening app if you have them). See the pinned schedule thread on home page to know which session for ESPN3 and ESPNU. You will be at their mercy which match/mat they will show as they move around and you could miss PSU wrestlers or parts of their matches on both those channels.

In order to select for yourself and have the control to see all mats (individual and split screens) you will need to subscribe to ESPN Plus. I don't think there is PBP with this. So I'll be using all three options on different TVs and computers,

Reactions: Freebornman21
I just remembered that I lost a nickel at Hersheypark back in 1994, it fell out of my pocket on the Super Dooper Looper. Any chance I can get early access to the park to see if I can find it?

Update or reinstall the ESPN app

Update or reinstall the ESPN app
I have tried everything that I can think of to no avail. I have decided to move upstairs to the smaller roku tv where I shouldn't have an issue. I can live with it through the first round.

Yes. You can come to my house, but I'll require you fetch me drinks regularly and I'll need fresh assortments of dips readily available.
I'm in!!!!
This might get weird...
I am going to buy all the espn's but does anyone have a link for the free one?
I'll buy the subscription but I'm watching the free one just so I can stick it to the man...( no not you rawdaddy) LOL raw daddy and that bad joke...

Covered how? You tell me just to block a post that offends me, right? You also apparently think my far more G-rated post might offend Bio, right? But you give him the right to post, and deny me the same, deleting mine. Again, I'd appreciate knowing why my words are being censored, or what tenet I've violated.
Same for me. Bot 2.0. Ease off him, he's intertwining.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but is the noon start all of the 33vs32 matches, or the 125s begin ant noon? I don’t want to miss Braeden’s match!

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but is the noon start all of the 33vs32 matches, or the 125s begin ant noon? I don’t want to miss Braeden’s match!
Davis' match isn't among the first three rounds of matches, since he meets the pigtail winner. The #1 seeds wait a good half hour after action begins. Not quite sure when they start those matches; I'd guess right after the rest of the 125s are done.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Davis' match isn't among the first three rounds of matches, since he meets the pigtail winner. The #1 seeds wait a good half hour after action begins. Not quite sure when they start those matches; I'd guess right after the rest of the 125s are done.

In the past, they come at any time, as I think their is a specific amount of rest time the pigtail winner gets. So, it will start with the pigtail matches, then 125 will start with the exception of the pigtail winner and the #1 seed. Then you just need to stay alert, as at some point, that match will get assigned a mat. At least, that is how I remember it.

Same for me. Bot 2.0. Ease off him, he's intertwining.
Didn't like how it was handled (my posts deleted, his not) but I'm over it. In the end, he's a kid overjoyed by our Lions, so I'll live with his mod friend nicking a few of my jabs. Slurs of defenseless women are a sore spot with me, though. Can't guarantee I won't re-engage if he strikes again.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Didn't like how it was handled (my posts deleted, his not) but I'm over it. In the end, he's a kid overjoyed by our Lions, so I'll live with his mod friend nicking a few of my jabs. Slurs of defenseless women are a sore spot with me, though. Can't guarantee I won't re-engage if he strikes again.
I had the same thing happen in my exchange with him (posts deleted). He's a little bit odd in that he goes on some of those strange attacks over small things, but, he is also a great contributor most of the time, and definitely a big fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT