ADVERTISEMENT

Enough schadenfreude. Rose Bowl tomorrow!

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
I get the revelry over last nights games but now its time to move on. It’s Penn State’s turn and it’s been a long time since a PSU Rose Bowl win. Can Franklin improve his bowl record and succeed where Harbaugh and Day failed this year? Thoughts on the game? Predictions?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I get the revelry over last nights games but now its time to move on. It’s Penn State’s turn and it’s been a long time since a PSU Rose Bowl win. Thoughts on the game? Predictions?
It will be close. Rising, their QB, will play well and they put up points on us. We will be able to run on them. Will come down to the 4th quarter and Clifford comes up big for us with a late score to one of our tight ends. 31-28 PSU.

Hoping for the best. I think PSU has to pass to set up the run. We need someone to replace Washington.

I'm worried about Utah's power running. I think PSU has to win TOs in order to win this game.

Reactions: psu00
There’s been a lot of joy in Harbaugh and Day losing, but Franklin hasn’t been that great in bowls either (3-4).

My concern is how Penn State shows up after the long layoff. They were really playing well to end the season, especially on D.

The O was still a little hit and miss at times. They can’t continue with the habit of taking 1-2 quarters off. Utah has a good running game that can control the clock and shorten the game. That would make PSU having to fight from behind against them a pretty tough road.

I’m just having a hard time getting a good feel for this game. I haven’t seen Utah much this year and all the stats between the 2 teams are pretty much even.

We Are ……going to win going away. It’s a PAC team. That lost three times.

Our D was just starting to jell with the new Diaz system. And another month to work in more stunts, coverages, blitzes…..gonna swamp the Utes.

Played lots of freshmen and second year guys…..another month will really help these guys.

Singleton took some time to adapt to college ball….and is ready to explode.

And…..just because……

Reactions: royboy
It'll only be disappointing if PSU doesn't show up. A win will be fuel for a nice winter of hope.
A loss will trigger fanboys to convert every thread into a "we deserve better" campaign.
Either way, next year will come, be its own story and I can get my laughs right here.

There’s been a lot of joy in Harbaugh and Day losing, but Franklin hasn’t been that great in bowls either (3-4).

My concern is how Penn State shows up after the long layoff. They were really playing well to end the season, especially on D.

The O was still a little hit and miss at times. They can’t continue with the habit of taking 1-2 quarters off. Utah has a good running game that can control the clock and shorten the game. That would make PSU having to fight from behind against them a pretty tough road.

I’m just having a hard time getting a good feel for this game. I haven’t seen Utah much this year and all the stats between the 2 teams are pretty much even.
we're not supposed to win..our team is not as good as Utah's according to the "experts". So, if we lose, well we were supposed to. Remember we're playing "up"..Utah is the PAC champion, we're just 3rd in the east division of the B1G

Reactions: marshall23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT