ADVERTISEMENT

Dr scott Lynch files lawsuit against PSU, Barbour, and Franklin

So no one amongst Penn State, Sandy, or Franklin have issued a statement? You’d think they’d want to get in front the story rather than allow the media to create the narrative uncontested.

:eek:

Time for a Lynch mob. Let's place this in the order it happened: contract not renewed; suit filed. It is priority of the post year 2000 workplace postpartum checklist. Hire an attorney see if you can get some severance pay. Yawn.
I know, right? Usually someone files suit before their contract status changes...

Well the James Franklin recruiting train just ran right over the Dr. Lynch bump on the rails. Next asshole?

So no one amongst Penn State, Sandy, or Franklin have issued a statement? You’d think they’d want to get in front the story rather than allow the media to create the narrative uncontested.

CJF is working on the depth chart.

There ARE priorities!!!!!

Reactions: marshall23

Iegal matter

Found these entries in the Guest book for Dr. Kalenack

September 15, 2008
Dear Beth,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Your friends at ClearWater
~
Jennifer Shuey,
State College, Pennsylvania

September 12, 2008
Please accept our deepest sympathies. We will miss Al very much and will keep you in our prayers as always.
~
Dave and Carolyn Joyner,
Hershey, Pennsylvania

September 11, 2008
May God comfort you and give you strength and peace as you deal with your suffering and sadness. Dr. Kalenak was a tremendous individual and true friend to the Hamilton Family. He will be missed by many. But, we will all have joy and gladness in our hearts when we think of the role he played in our lives.
~
Lance Hamilton,
Baghdad, Iraq

If people only knew

Reactions: marshall23
Probably a very large ego to wound.

Neither one of you guys are familiar with him I suspect. He is not Joyner. The ego doesnt get wounded. He is actually very modest.

I m not saying he is right. I'm just saying the bruised ego is most likely not the reason.

Neither one of you guys are familiar with him I suspect. He is not Joyner. The ego doesnt get wounded. He is actually very modest.

I m not saying he is right. I'm just saying the bruised ego is most likely not the reason.

No, I don't know him. But launching this lawsuit isn't a casual thing. I see two possibilities: the aforementioned bruised ego or something pretty bad going on. There are no hints of the latter. I'm not seeing any other possibilities right now, but time will tell.

Just relax. It’s a 1 day news cycle story. Give me some f’g names. There aren’t any. Franklin has been very, very conservative with injuries.

Notice the outer protective helmets our players wear over their normal helmets at practice? Those cost a pretty penny. Sensors all over them that feed data to a computer to calculate how many blows and at what force they were to monitor all our players for brain health. Who else is wearing those?

Reactions: Delco Lion
No, I don't know him. But launching this lawsuit isn't a casual thing. I see two possibilities: the aforementioned bruised ego or something pretty bad going on. There are no hints of the latter. I'm not seeing any other possibilities right now, but time will tell.

Art, time will tell but most likely not full story. I was just pointing out the bruised ego is most likely not an issue with this man. I see you say 2 possibilities. There probably are more. I'm not pointing finger at james or doc. Just so we are square.

Option three, he's out to save the world by reforming student athlete care. He took a list of recommendations to his exit interview. Among them, "under no circumstances should the coach be calling the physician to discuss medical care." Banning coaches from the training room and creating a physician position within the Integrity Office to be in charge of medical policies. Then there's this gem, "coaches will not discuss injuries with players, either positively or negatively."

After the Piazzas held the university hostage to reform Greek life, here's your guy to reform collegiate sports medicine.

Last edited:
Art, time will tell but most likely not full story. I was just pointing out the bruised ego is most likely not an issue with this man. I see you say 2 possibilities. There probably are more. I'm not pointing finger at james or doc. Just so we are square.

Just so that we are square understand that the lawsuit says that Coach Franklin interfered with the proper administration of medical care and everyone else named covered it up. I'm sure there's a lot of middle ground that I'm missing.

Option three, he's out to save the world by reforming student athlete care. He took a list of recommendations to his exit interview. Among them, "under no circumstances should the coach be calling the physician to discuss medical care." Banning coaches from the training room and creating a physician position within the Integrity Office to be in charge of medical policies. Then there's this gem, "coaches will not discuss injuries with players, either positively or negatively."

After the Piazzas held the university hostage to reform Greek life, here's your guy to reform medical care for student athletes.

It's as if he became some medical extremist, and Franklin's simple inquiries were major points of contention with Lynch. He reported it to anyone he could, but all of them knew there was no issue. It got to the point that everyone wanted a change.

Just so that we are square understand that the lawsuit says that Coach Franklin interfered with the proper administration of medical care and everyone else named covered it up. I'm sure there's a lot of middle ground that I'm missing.

Sarcasm detected Art. I can read. I can and have read lawsuits that have said a lot of things that are understated, or over stated

Adam sheds some light and talks about the lawsuit on his podcast from today. Fast forward to the 12:00 minute mark to hear his thoughts on this particular topic.

Reactions: step.eng69

Bruised ego gets my vote. Most all of us on this board are here because PSU football is important to us and we follow the games and players and coaches, and have a helluva lot of mixed discussions. Other than a couple observations of maybe Trace should have been pulled from that game, at least for a rest, I can't think of any other examples. I've watched every game since Franklin's been the coach at least twice, and expect most here have. Anyone else here think of anyone you felt should have been pulled?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT