ADVERTISEMENT

Dr scott Lynch files lawsuit against PSU, Barbour, and Franklin

“Lynch’s 43-page suit, filed by Philadelphia attorney Steven F. Marino, does not list any examples of specific incidents where Franklin supposedly tried to influence a player’s medical care or return to the field”

iu

Reactions: PrtLng Lion
I would guess he just wants a better severance than he got. Any settlement from PSU will salve his ego which was probably bruised by being fired.

I can't imagine he would want to pay for the expenses of a trial, only to have Penn State bring in players (and we know who they are) whose care didn't work out so well under his watch.

Reactions: BBrown
The $50,000 number is just to keep the case out of Arbitration (small claims Court). It means nothing, really. Curious that the Complaint does not name the athletes allegedly involved....
Yes, there is no mention of any specific cases where Franklin allegedly "interfered" and no specifics on who Lynch complained to... he's got a long way to go to prove the case, but a settlement just to keep all the drama of the back and forth with the docs out of the media makes sense.

I would guess he just wants a better severance than he got. Any settlement from PSU will salve his ego which was probably bruised by being fired.

I can't imagine he would want to pay for the expenses of a trial, only to have Penn State bring in players (and we know who they are) whose care didn't work out so well under his watch.

Ask for a small amount, use the term whistleblower... hope PSU just writes a check so you go away. It's just going to keep happening thanks to the OG BOT.

And interesting amount. $50,000????????? That's chump change.

This sounds like his idea of winning whether he wins the lawsuit or not. He doesn't give a sh!t about the money. He just wants to make sure he fu(ks up our season whether he wins the lawsuit or not.
Thought the same thing... Nothing here. Good luck Doc.

I look for the BOT to overreact and fire Franklin. It wouldn't be the first time they overreacted.

I look for the BOT to overreact and fire Franklin. It wouldn't be the first time they overreacted.
Ira has been trying to locate Judas Joyner.....can't seem to find whose basement he's inhabiting.......they'll get us straightened out.

Hey at least you’re a regional brand unlike Michigan or OSU. The story won’t matter once games start

I think you've been drinking too much Flint water to make any sense. But I do see what shines through the nonsense... The Michigan/OSU bromance continues. You guys hate each other... wink wink!

Reactions: psu00
The timing is suspicious given he was replaced 5 months ago but just now filing the lawsuit in the opening week of the season.

I’d defer to the lawyers on the board but it seems unusual that there aren’t examples cited (even anonymously as ‘player X’).

The bottom line is that we have to be patient until it gets to trial and the actual facts are presented. It’ll be irritating as the media and other fans won’t wait but it is what it is.

It will be interesting to see what any current or former players and their families say over the next few months regarding the issue.

Last edited:
At least you are just a hemorrhoid that flares up periodically. Cheer up, you still have time to graduate to bonafide asshole.

I sure wish PSU wasn't a "regional brand", like Michigan. I guess we will have to live with not having Larry Nassar as an alum, and not being located in a shithole state like Michigan, and having won the B10 title game, and not having a lunatic head coach, and having beaten OSU/Urban Meyer recently, and having won an outright NC more recently than 1950, and not having ugly uniforms with helmets copied from Princeton.

Last edited:
Came here to see Penn State fans blame the doctor without knowing details

How about an actual player and their mom and dad?
Somehow I don't think this will fit the narrative you were looking for, I suggest any current tweet or soon to be article from Davey Jones and or Bob Flounders would probably more to your liking but I'll just leave copy and paste this anyway...
Enjoy...

https://twitter.com/JenGroveSimmons

Jen Simmons

@JenGroveSimmons
·

38m

This is ABSURD!!! Absolute and total BS!!! As a parent of a son with an injury,

@coachjfranklinand the entire staff have been nothing but supportive of our players and have their best interest at heart. None of this is true.

Because Al Kalenack is not with us unfortunately.
Found these entries in the Guest book for Dr. Kalenack

September 15, 2008
Dear Beth,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Your friends at ClearWater
~
Jennifer Shuey,
State College, Pennsylvania

September 12, 2008
Please accept our deepest sympathies. We will miss Al very much and will keep you in our prayers as always.
~
Dave and Carolyn Joyner,
Hershey, Pennsylvania

September 11, 2008
May God comfort you and give you strength and peace as you deal with your suffering and sadness. Dr. Kalenak was a tremendous individual and true friend to the Hamilton Family. He will be missed by many. But, we will all have joy and gladness in our hearts when we think of the role he played in our lives.
~
Lance Hamilton,
Baghdad, Iraq

How about an actual player and their mom and dad?
Somehow I don't think this will fit the narrative you were looking for, I suggest any current tweet or soon to be article from Davey Jones and or Bob Flounders would probably more to your liking but I'll just leave copy and paste this anyway...
Enjoy...

Jen Simmons

@JenGroveSimmons
·

38m

This is ABSURD!!! Absolute and total BS!!! As a parent of a son with an injury,

@coachjfranklinand the entire staff have been nothing but supportive of our players and have their best interest at heart. None of this is true.

My bet is the Section 44 has experienced a Section 8.

I brought up a legitimate point as regards Wayne Sebastianelli (a man who can be fairly labeled as a "Paterno Loyalist", for whatever that is worth).

So again - I'll ask. Why exactly did the football program go hire this guy back in March 2019? Especially given the possibility he was a source for that ridiculous SI article in May 2013?

That May 2013 article should have earned a permanent blackball from PSU football for both Sebastianelli and Jay Paterno.
I vote you for a permanent blackball from here instead.

Hey at least you’re a regional brand unlike Michigan or OSU. The story won’t matter once games start

Asshole, you and michshit should get a room. Bubba said he was too tight, but with your pencil dick the both of yinz are a perfect match.

Not so sure. He's still on the staff at Milton Hershey and I don't know how much, if any, comp he received fro being the team doctor.

And interesting amount. $50,000????????? That's chump change.

I am not a lawyer, but the article states "He is seeking more than $50,000 in damages from the university in his suit."

I believe when you file a civil suit, you don't need to initially say what the $$ amount is, just is it more than $50K (I'm guessing this threshold varies by state).

So it is probably not a "token" amount; they probably haven't decided on a final amount to ask for (which I assume will be calculated based on future wages).

Having said that, I have no idea if his case has any merit. I suspect doctors and coaches disagree all the time on injuries. Some doctors understand "hurt vs injured" and others don't.

Reactions: psu7113
I am not a lawyer, but the article states "He is seeking more than $50,000 in damages from the university in his suit."

I believe when you file a civil suit, you don't need to initially say what the $$ amount is, just is it more than $50K (I'm guessing this threshold varies by state).

So it is probably not a "token" amount; they probably haven't decided on a final amount to ask for (which I assume will be calculated based on future wages).

Having said that, I have no idea if his case has any merit. I suspect doctors and coaches disagree all the time on injuries. Some doctors understand "hurt vs injured" and others don't.
a lawyer posted that this is a minimal amount to keep from getting into small claims court.

Prepare to be VERY patient...…. the chances that it ever "goes to trial and the actual facts are presented" are probably about the same chances of hitting the POWERBALL :)

Maybe. Maybe not. The bottom line is no one (outside the individuals involved) knows anything about the situation now.

Even if it never goes to trial, Info will become public once press conferences and depositions are held. Current/ former players will be asked their experiences (you can bet Davey Jones and Flounders are calling around already.).

There’s no use getting all worked up until we know what it is that we are getting all worked up over. ;)

From the article:

"He is seeking more than $50,000 in damages from the university in his suit. He claims Penn State officials violated his rights as a whistleblower."

WHISTLEBLOWER. :eek: No doubt the doctor and his lawyers will consult with mcqueary to figure out how to get millions from Penn State. Based on history, it should not be too difficult.
"Whistleblower" is quickly becoming one of the most overused terms in the USA. Seems anyone who is fired from their job wants to label themselves as a whistleblower.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT