ADVERTISEMENT

DeNucci leaves Pitt

I thought don fanucci was pretty good. nardoozie must think picksix is the guy, though.

DINUCCI played after Browne was hurt until last game. Then Pickett played......seriously thin at qb.

Live look at the Pitt QB room...
one-student-in-empty-classroom.jpg

Will be interesting to see where guys like MacVittie and DeNucci end up. Would be stunned if these kids left a depth chart like Pitt has for another P5 school. They can probably still go on to decent opportunities at FCS though. Doesn't speak much to Nardog's talent evaluation in his QBs.

He initially was going to Penn. Guessing he'll look at FCS academically strong schools -- Ivy or a Colgate, Lehigh or similar. Pitt also already lost McVittie, the kid from Moeller so leaves them with true soph Pickett and the recruit from NJ Nick Patti. With heavy losses on their o-line, could be a tough year for them.

Reactions: royboy
He initially was going to Penn. Guessing he'll look at FCS academically strong schools -- Ivy or a Colgate, Lehigh or similar. Pitt also already lost McVittie, the kid from Moeller so leaves them with true soph Pickett and the recruit from NJ Nick Patti. With heavy losses on their o-line, could be a tough year for them.
Come on man....if Pickett is healthy and they don't "waste" Ford on D..........it is the Coastal at the very least! I think their O line is going to be gutted by graduation/early opts for draft as well.

Reactions: step.eng69
They did bring in a JUCO Qb from Erie Community Col

Reactions: marshall23

Will be interesting to see where guys like MacVittie and DeNucci end up. Would be stunned if these kids left a depth chart like Pitt has for another P5 school. They can probably still go on to decent opportunities at FCS though. Doesn't speak much to Nardog's talent evaluation in his QBs.
IUP and Slippery Rock are salivating over MacVittie and DeNucci. These two typify the type of recruits that Narducci is getting. MAC level at best. There are very few, if any, players on pitt's roster that James Franklin would want. Maybe a few linemen recruited by Chryst. Narducci is totally tanking the pitt football program because he is a horrible recruiter.

I thought don fanucci was pretty good. nardoozie must think picksix is the guy, though.
I'm pretty sure that the couple drives that he played against us in relief of Browne was the best he ended up looking all season. Looks like he had barely over 1000 passing yards, a 55% completion percentage and a 1:1 ratio of touchdowns to interceptions.

His status as the second-greatest DeNucci in Pittsburgh sports history remains undimmed.

Welcome Wilton Speight! You'll look good in these shades of blue and yellow, too. No?

Did Shea Patterson officially sign with Ole Mich yet? Darn.

Did Pitt officially sign Nardoz's extension yet? Maybe it was just an MOU? Calling Legal in 3... 2... 1!

IUP and Slippery Rock are salivating over MacVittie and DeNucci. These two typify the type of recruits that Narducci is getting. MAC level at best. There are very few, if any, players on pitt's roster that James Franklin would want. Maybe a few linemen recruited by Chryst. Narducci is totally tanking the pitt football program because he is a horrible recruiter.
Yep, and their incoming freshman's best offers were Pitt, Temple and Rutgers......"believe the hype."

Not necessarily. He may be able to identify them just fine. Convincing them to go to Pitt may be the problem!

Yep, and their incoming freshman's best offers were Pitt, Temple and Rutgers......"believe the hype."
Take a look at pitt's horrid 2018 recruiting class. Not a single 4* recruit. Most had offers from MAC level schools like Toledo, Akron, Kent State, etc. Narducci's 2018 recruiting class is abysmal.

Any decent grad transfer would only want to go there if he has a good chance at starting. Pickett looks to be pretty good, but it looks like the depth will be a true frosh and a juco guy, who I don't think has even committed yet.

Pitt doesn't need this guy or any backup....they have Marino, Montana and Brady all rolled into one. He may only stay for two years then step right into the Hall of Fame. I mean he's played one game and has already shown more than McSorley has in two years. So what's he going to have on his resume after one or two complete games! Pitt is headed for back to back playoff appearances behind their All American QB (I know all this because I read the Lair).

I know they all feel Pickett is better than McS now so I don’t blame DiNucci for leaving. I hope he proves them all wrong and does well wherever he goes.

Pitt doesn't need this guy or any backup....they have Marino, Montana and Brady all rolled into one. He may only stay for two years then step right into the Hall of Fame. I mean he's played one game and has already shown more than McSorley has in two years. So what's he going to have on his resume after one or two complete games! Pitt is headed for back to back playoff appearances behind their All American QB (I know all this because I read the Lair).
If Picket was any good he would be playing for a decent team,not for Sh*tsburg.

Sadly, this is an actual thing Pitt fans have been saying.

That's why Joe owned pitt, and would still own them today if he was living - Joe always put his best athletes on defense....

Last edited:
Someone on the Lair actually asked if Nick Patti (walk-on) was better than Dinucci as a true freshman. They are really trying to find a silver lining a shit sandwich.

They now have a composite 3-star from NJ as their only scholarship QB. My god, their recruiting under Narduzzi has been as bad and bland as his personality.

Reactions: LemonEars
Someone on the Lair actually asked if Nick Patti (walk-on) was better than Dinucci as a true freshman. They are really trying to find a silver lining a shit sandwich.

They now have a composite 3-star from NJ as their only scholarship QB. They had better hope

Reactions: TheGLOV
If you own a 247 account and you look at the players Pitt is targeting and teams they are recruiting against, you will notice the kids they desperately want to land are not even on the teams they are competing against radar. Just checked Louisville's 247. There is a kid pitt desperately wants and checked Louisvilles board and this kid is was down their board. That is Pitt football

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT