ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Barkley calls Parsons a "clown" and comments that the "inmates are running the aslyum"

Jackthejiant sounds like an even bigger tool than Parsons does. He doubled down, then tripled down on his "obligation" to speak his mind as a spectator of football. Pretty sure, he doesn't understand the word obligation. If Meyer doesn't tell both to take a hike, I'd be shocked. One of the top few coaches in the game needs not to be held hostage by a couple of teenagers.

"Obligation" is where he lost me too.
Clearly quite full of himself if he truly think he has an obligation to let people know his opinion of the OSU quarterback situation.

"Obligation" is where he lost me too.
Clearly quite full of himself if he truly think he has an obligation to let people know his opinion of the OSU quarterback situation.

Parsons hasn't learned either. Still retweeting all of Carman's tweets about going to Clemson or USC. I believe Wiltfong is right and Parsons ends up at Nebraska. Can't see Meyer or Franklin taking this on. Nebraska probably has no choice.

Neither do I. To me, you either pull the offer or you do not pull the offer. Meyer isn't pulling the offer. Now, the kid MIGHT go to Nebraska, but Meyer is not pulling the offer. Wiltfong has the kid CB'd to the Huskers, so I am prone to go with that call right now, but Meyer isn't pulling anything. Meyer is about winning.

Meyer may or may not be a paragon of virtue, but a football coach at any level would not appreciate BS from a "guest" especially moments after a crushing defeat. UM was reportedly pissed and you can bet the ranch that it would be better if Parsons doesn't stroll thru the Buckeye Locker Room where JT is respected (elected by his teammates 3 times).
OSU is not going to be defined by one or even 2 five star recruits. They have no shortage of 4 and 5 star athletes dying to go there. Its only a matter of going to plan B or merely making an offer to a top flight commit at a rival school.
The same goes for PSU, they are no longer in danger of losing sleep over one "wunderkind." PSU already has put some pretty damn good football players on the back burner.This isn't basketball, one stud doesn't have that much of an impact.
I'll take a kid with 3 star talent and 5 star character and attitude any day over a 5 star talent with a 1 star brain.

So Herbie is
Meyer may or may not be a paragon of virtue, but a football coach at any level would not appreciate BS from a "guest" especially moments after a crushing defeat. UM was reportedly pissed and you can bet the ranch that it would be better if Parsons doesn't stroll thru the Buckeye Locker Room where JT is respected (elected by his teammates 3 times).
OSU is not going to be defined by one or even 2 five star recruits. They have no shortage of 4 and 5 star athletes dying to go there. Its only a matter of going to plan B or merely making an offer to a top flight commit at a rival school.
The same goes for PSU, they are no longer in danger of losing sleep over one "wunderkind." PSU already has put some pretty damn good football players on the back burner.This isn't basketball, one stud doesn't have that much of an impact.
I'll take a kid with 3 star talent and 5 star character and attitude any day over a 5 star talent with a 1 star brain.

Absolutely, and I hope your sources are accurate about Meyer being upset about this. I'd like to think that Meyer holds his teams' respect in a higher regard than some kid who disrespects his team leader, who EARNED it over 3 years on that team. The same thing goes for "Jack the Jiant". Ohio State should send them both a free ticket to anywhere they want to go, other than Columbus, and any kid who says that about a current team member of ANY team, should be held accountable for it, "apology" or not. As for Herbstreit, I'd like to hear him address this on television, but I'm told he said something on his radio show. I am waiting for him to walk it back, as I am nearly sure he will.

The inmates were running the institution at Florida. Is anybody really surprised they are in short order of doing the same thing at OSU? What's the big deal? Meyer can pull both offers and go grab two more 5* players at the same position in this year's or next year's class.

While this IS true, Meyer is not finding a recruit with the talent of Parsons. Parsons is the best and most talented football player on the board at his position, and one of the top overall 3 or 4 recruits in the nation, overall. Meyer can't replace Parsons. Again, I hope that Meyer is pissed off and kicks the kid off his list, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I can't believe someone would call a Psu recruit a"clown" the last time I even mentioned something like that these so called administrators on here wanted to kick me off. So why did you administrators let this happen?

I can't believe someone would call a Psu recruit a"clown" the last time I even mentioned something like that these so called administrators on here wanted to kick me off. So why did you administrators let this happen?

I don't believe Charles Barkley posted here on the board. I guess we could ban him immediately if he shows up.

cool story herbie...too bad you fed the beast by allowing a high schooler on stage with you during gameday.
Was all good when old cockstreit thought he was gonna be a Buckeye. Herbs is a fraud

It's just twitter and he's just a dumb kid. I still would love to see him at PSU. These kids usually humble out when they get to college and realize the team is loaded with stars and he's just like everyone else.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
This is on Herbies new podcast.

He went on to say that Meyer should immediately pull his and the other guys scholly. He went on to say that this type of attitude is ruining sports in general. Herbie went on to say that this type of thing should never be said and very much agreed with Barkley that the scholly should be pulled.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=20694218

Now, part of me thinks that in the scheme of life, this stuff is little. The kid isn't doing drugs, the kid isnt in a gang, the kid isn't beating people up. However, this sort of ego can be toxic if it isn't controlled. I worry his dad let it get out of control and it isn't going to end well.

I have been a defender of Parsons for awhile because of the fact that the things he has done are not destructive in a typical sense. HOWEVER, his unchecked ego could destroy a team, and so now I gotta say, we don't need him here.
These guys need to understand Parsons is just having fun. Why do they oppose Parsons having fun?

Clearly the game has changed and you are all applying the standards of a different time.

Get off my lawn.

Reactions: Manxome_Lion
Not getting what you mean. I absolutely would feel the same and most likely would have given him much less slack if he was a 3*

I also happen to think the kid would be a little bit more grounded if he was a 3*. Some of the kids can't handle the hype. I wish someone could really sit down with them and explain how small their chances are of ever making the NFL. As far as Parson's knows, there was never anyone else like him ever to come out of PA. We of course know that there is one of him every few years and unfortunately, we have watched about half of them crash and burn. Names like Kendra, Jones, Spence, and many more nationally.

Look, the kid is immature. But look at Barkley and his level of talent... yet he remains humble, focused and confident. He's had that maturity since his freshman year. He is an example to his teammates not just bc he can squat a metric ton but bc he carries himself like a Penn Stater. I hope that a guy like Parsons can get there, but tweets like that while a guest don't suggest that's the case. It's a silly mistake to make, but it'd be super easy to fix that mistake and I don't think he even removed it from twitter, did he?

Lol can you imagine what it would have been like if Matt Millen had Twitter available to him?

While playing at PSU I mean

Lol can you imagine what it would have been like if Matt Millen had Twitter available to him?

While playing at PSU I mean
Can you imagine what Matt Millen would do to a prospect that belittled his starting QB the way Parsons did to Barrett?

Last edited:
Can you imagine what someone on the Ohio State roster would do to Parsons for belittling their leader and quarterback?

Neither can I. Nobody has either said, or done, jack, since this happened.

#Winatallcost

In my opinion, you cant lure kids onto a national stage like College Gameday utilizing alumni. I don't watch the show, but was Parsons on the actual show? Or was he just on the set during a break? How isn't the whole Gameday thing not a recruiting violation in some shape or form? I know these kids are put on a pedestal but this is a little above that because not every school would have the same playing field when it comes to College Gameday (i.e. not every school hosts the show)

Last edited:
You watch and see, and I guarantee: Either Herbstreit will never mention it again, or if, and when pressed on it, he will walk the whole thing back as if he never said what he said. Promise.

Reactions: artsandletters
You watch and see, and I guarantee: Either Herbstreit will never mention it again, or if, and when pressed on it, he will walk the whole thing back as if he never said what he said. Promise.
He can, and likely will, walk it back but he can't deny what he wrote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT