ADVERTISEMENT

A Coach that Can't Learn

These are some of the play calls that just don’t make sense to me:

- 2 pt conversion at 14-9
- 2 pt conversion at 24-15
- the play call on the 2nd of the 2-pt conversions
- backwards pass on 2nd and 1 after Allen’s 9 yd run on 1st down
- handoff on 1st and 5 after 5-yd defensive penalty on Michigan
- Not calling timeout before the illegal substitution penalty when a player on the sideline couldn’t decide whether or not to go in
- going for on 4th and long at your own 30 with two timeouts and 4.5 mins in a one-score game
- not starting Allen

I’m sure there were others. But this was a winnable game made unwinnable by the head-scratching coaching calls.
You're mixing and matching here. Blame Franklin for the decision to go for two and when to go for it on fourth down. Even if he's letting MY make that decision he gets to over rule them at any time. The actual play calls are all MY.

I'm not sure I believe that MY is making all of the calls on when to go for 2 or when to punt. I mean maybe he is but this has been a problem for Franklin no matter who the OC is. Just bad situational football.

Reactions: KCLion
Franklin did not call the first two point conversion. He did, however call the second one, but not the actual play call: that was MY calling a stupid trick play.

Hey it means nothing because we lost both games but I sure would have loved to see how our head coach would have done without an incompetent fraud calling plays.
So you had a problem with Franklin if he made the dumb 2 pt conversion calls but now you are OK with Franklin because it was actually MY. Now Franklin got rid of MY so he took care of the problem.

But we also heard that Franklin knew he was going to get rid of MY before the game even happened so why are you OK with Franklin not just deferring critical calls to MY but actually letting MY change his mind even when he knew that he was going to dump the guy?

• Wow
Reactions: KCLion
So you had a problem with Franklin if he made the dumb 2 pt conversion calls but now you are OK with Franklin because it was actually MY. Now Franklin got rid of MY so he took care of the problem.

But we also heard that Franklin knew he was going to get rid of MY before the game even happened so why are you OK with Franklin not just deferring critical calls to MY but actually letting MY change his mind even when he knew that he was going to dump the guy?
I'm not ok with Franklin. I feel like his seat needs to now become warmer at the least. I've simply backed off my call for his firing, after receiving enough information that proves beyond a doubt that MY was the bigger problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT