ADVERTISEMENT

Cancelling BTN+

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
For those who purchased BTN+ for the wrestling season only, don't forget to cancel your subscription. You will still have access to all the content through March 31. I accidentally forgot to cancel my BTN+ subscription after wrestling season one year and it happened to be the year before Flo started carrying B1G matches. When Flo later stopped carrying the B1G matches I decided to resume (or so I thought) my BTN+ subscription only to find out I had been paying for it for almost two years to the tune of over $300. That was an expensive mistake on my part!

I bought the black Friday annual subscription special (thanks to a post on this board) but will probably cancel now just so I don't forget. Usually that takes care of the auto renewal at full price and should also make me eligible for next year's BF deal, while at the same time access should be available through next November.

For those that missed it, put a reminder in your calendar now for next November. The annual deal was actually cheaper than the 4 months I had planned to buy individually.

I just looked and it says good through 11/25/23 renewal is $69.99.

For those who purchased BTN+ for the wrestling season only, don't forget to cancel your subscription. You will still have access to all the content through March 31. I accidentally forgot to cancel my BTN+ subscription after wrestling season one year and it happened to be the year before Flo started carrying B1G matches. When Flo later stopped carrying the B1G matches I decided to resume (or so I thought) my BTN+ subscription only to find out I had been paying for it for almost two years to the tune of over $300. That was an expensive mistake on my part!
Much obliged sir. I just canceled mine. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
One can cancel any subscription immediately after subscribing. No need to wait. Have done it countless times. You will have access until date your subscription runs out.

Who carries NCAA's?
Espn networks. In the past they have set up everything through Espn 3 streaming then TV coverage similar to what BTN did with split screens and such.

It seems that a fair amount is now on Espn+ (subscription) and EspnU (which is now a premium channel for me). I do have a espn+ (Disney +) subscription through Verizon.

Thanks so much for this reminder!!!

I just went to the B10+ website to cancel, logged into my account (where I have cancelled my account in the past) and a blank page comes up on my profile page. Is this a coincidence or a stunt to delay cancellations? I was on this account page 2 days ago and all my info was there along with options to cancel at the bottom.

In truth I have always found B10 plus fair and easy to work with, but this had me wondering.

Thanks so much for this reminder!!!

I just went to the B10+ website to cancel, logged into my account (where I have cancelled my account in the past) and a blank page comes up on my profile page. Is this a coincidence or a stunt to delay cancellations? I was on this account page 2 days ago and all my info was there along with options to cancel at the bottom.

In truth I have always found B10 plus fair and easy to work with, but this had me wondering.
Coincidence. I cancelled 5 minutes ago without any issues.

Espn networks. In the past they have set up everything through Espn 3 streaming then TV coverage similar to what BTN did with split screens and such.

It seems that a fair amount is now on Espn+ (subscription) and EspnU (which is now a premium channel for me). I do have a espn+ (Disney +) subscription through Verizon.
Most likely, the telecast with "THIS IS INTENSE" Shane Sparks and those two goofy barstools from Iowa will be on ESPNU for the morning sessions and ESPN2 or ESPN at night. then, they will do the individual mats and the "scoreboard" on ESPN+. And they don't allow the quadbox anymore so make sure you have all your phones and tablets at the ready for when our guys are going at the same time.

Reactions: Verolion
Canceled mine as well, but I will miss the recorded matches on the site. Hopefully they get posted to Youtube for the long off season.

Most likely, the telecast with "THIS IS INTENSE" Shane Sparks and those two goofy barstools from Iowa will be on ESPNU for the morning sessions and ESPN2 or ESPN at night. then, they will do the individual mats and the "scoreboard" on ESPN+. And they don't allow the quadbox anymore so make sure you have all your phones and tablets at the ready for when our guys are going at the same time.
Hopefully they get Rock Harrison calling some matches. He's pretty good IMO.

Reactions: dsites52
If you're having trouble finding where to cancel on your app like I did... you may be paying through the Google playstore so that's where u can cancel subscription.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
I used the chat feature on the website. I was able to cancel quickly. My email says I have access through November 23.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I used the chat feature on the website. I was able to cancel quickly. My email says I have access through November 23.
You're paid up and your current subscription expires just in time to renew it for next season. Lol. Oh well🤷‍♂️

If you don't mind watching what mats they decide to show you're okay. If you want to ability to choose your mat you'll have to have Espn+. It's $10 and you can cancel after that.
Are you sure that the individual mat access is only available vias ESPN+? While we were at Nationals last year, the previous couple years, that feature was available on ESPN3 (which is free with ESPN).

Are you sure that the individual mat access is only available vias ESPN+? While we were at Nationals last year, the previous couple years, that feature was available on ESPN3 (which is free with ESPN).
I haven't seen or found any articles stating it that way yet but when someone mentioned it recently I dug in a bit.
What I found was all 8 mats and the matcast screen are already listed on the ESPN app for the tournament starting on th 16th. Right next to each mat it says "ESPN+" and when you select it pops up the subscription screen.
That's all I've got for info. If you want to check it out go to the ESPN app and select the watch tab on the bottom then search wrestling. It pops right up.

I agree with Hey Blue. .. altho this bedevils me every year.
If you have espn sports on tv (may have to have sports pkg w espnU etal) we should not need espn+.
ESPN3 is anything streaming from main espn.com website.
Last couple yrs I simply went to espn.com and signed in and had it all available.

As precaution I just went to espn+ website and had "chat" but couldnt get a direct answer.

If you have espn sports on tv (may have to have sports pkg w espnU etal) we should not need espn+.
Last couple yrs I simply went to espn.com and signed in and had it all available.

As precaution I just went to espn+ website and had "chat" but couldnt get a direct answer.
I was thinking about emailing the NCAA for info but don't feel like it's worth it. There will be a press release soon that should clarify.

Having said that, it looks like that MAY have changed this year.
Schedule on espn.com seems to only list it as on espn+
Will wait until next Tuesday to check again, and sign up if needed

Reactions: Creek Side
Me, too. I've got it till November. I just got zapped by Flo for another year. It's my fault. I want the States and they aren't till next week. I ordered just before states last year. Previously I had gone month-to-month with Flo from Nov thru April, but they dropped that option.

I don't get ESPNU with my cable package but I do have espn+. I couldn't watch our match with Oregon State.

I don't get ESPNU with my cable package but I do have espn+. I couldn't watch our match with Oregon State.
Oregon State was B1G plus.

I think that was the match ESPN had listed on ESPN+ until the middle of the week.

Me, too. I've got it till November. I just got zapped by Flo for another year. It's my fault. I want the States and they aren't till next week. I ordered just before states last year. Previously I had gone month-to-month with Flo from Nov thru April, but they dropped that option.
I thought I read from someone that Flo started a month to month option again, but jacked up the price.

If you guys cancel your BTN+ subscription before the end of March, just think of all the basketball games you'll miss!

Reactions: dsites52
If you guys cancel your BTN+ subscription before the end of March, just think of all the basketball games you'll miss!
Well if you only have a PSU team sub, maybe not many…..

Though they are supposedly a bubble team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT