ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all just agree that michigan-Tosu is the most important thing in our lives this weekend?

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Thanksgiving, shmanksgiving. Family, shmamily. Holidays, shmolidays. The most important thing happening in our lives this weekend is michigan-Tosu. This is what the world lives for. This is bigger than college football. The fate of nations rests on the outcome of this game. It is yuge.

Live for this game. Come noon eastern on Saturday, tune out the world and watch this game and all of its pageantry in amazement. If you are going to be thankful for anything this weekend, be thankful for being part of something bigger than all of us. Everything else is insignificant by comparison.

jim delany and heads of state across the world thank you.

michigan-ohio-state-brawl-gif-o.gif

You mean that there is other stuff happening this weekend? Even Kim Jong Un puts the Michigan-Ohio game first on his agenda. He makes it a solemn duty not to execute anyone until the game is over that day.

Exactly. The world stops for michigan-Tosu. Make sure you stop with it.

Reactions: john4psu
OSU starts as a 12 pt favorite. I'd hate to root for Meat Chicken, but I hope this game is chippy

Thanksgiving, shmanksgiving. Family, shmamily. Holidays, shmolidays. The most important thing happening in our lives this weekend is michigan-Tosu. This is what the world lives for. This is bigger than college football. The fate of nations rests on the outcome of this game. It is yuge.

Live for this game. Come noon eastern on Saturday, tune out the world and watch this game and all of its pageantry in amazement. If you are going to be thankful for anything this weekend, be thankful for being part of something bigger than all of us. Everything else is insignificant by comparison.

I'm telling you that if at least one person in my family as we go around the Thanksgiving table saying what we're thankful for doesn't say OSU-UM, someone is getting slapped. I won't tolerate that disresect to "THE game".

I'm telling you that if at least one person in my family as we go around the Thanksgiving table saying what we're thankful for doesn't say OSU-UM, someone is getting slapped. I won't tolerate that disresect to "THE game".

That's the right attitude. Everyone must understand and respect the enormity of this event. To call it a "game" is actually a disservice to all those we should be thanking for its existence.

The annual extra win on OSU's schedule game. The Big might as well tout the OSU-Rutgers game...it's become about the same level.

Not only am I going to watch it, I'm also going to record it. When the game is over I'm going to immediate start binge watching it all weekend. I'm not even going to fast forward past commercials. That way I can keep the feeling of it being a live game. I'm going to survive on nothing but coffee so I can stay awake until Sunday evening while doing nothing but watch "the game". Maybe I'll fall asleep then.

Reactions: Cosmos
Not only am I going to watch it, I'm also going to record it. When the game is over I'm going to immediate start binge watching it all weekend. I'm not even going to fast forward past commercials. That way I can keep the feeling of it being a live game. I'm going to survive on nothing but coffee so I can stay awake until Sunday evening while doing nothing but watch "the game". Maybe I'll fall asleep then.
You sound like the Big 10 Network if it was suddenly turned into human form

I have already wrote to Jim Delaney and the Big 10 Network DEMANDING that the entire Big 10 football schedule should be OSU and Michigan be played every week of the season. Heck, who needs the other teams in the league: it's OSU/Michigan every week and watching the re-runs on BTN every day 24/7!!!!

Oh, it's up there. Right below my daily ablutions.

"The Game" was rescheduled to the Saturday after Thanksgiving to give the BTN folks a few days off around the holiday. They just crank up the files from last year's programming around Thanksgiving and it looks something like this:

Friday
7:00 am Ohio State - Michigan 2016
8:00 am Ohio State - Michigan 2015
9:00 am Ohio State - Michigan 2014
10:00 am Ohio State - Michigan 2013
11:00 am Campus Eats - Columbus, OH
11:30 am Campus Eats - Ann Arbor, MI
12:00 noon Woody vs. Bo, The Early Years
1:00 pm Archie Griffin's Heisman Trophy Presentations
2:00 pm Tom Brady - from Ann Arbor to Akron with a brief stop in Foxboro
3:00 pm Roundtable with B1G Coaches - who should win the Ohio State - Michigan Game in 2017
4:00 pm Urban Meyer - Coaching Legend
5:00 pm Jim Harbaugh - Coaching Legend
6:00 pm Craig Krenzel Look Back at Ohio State vs. Michigan
7:00 pm Brent Musberger talks about the "Games" that he has seen over the years
8:00 pm Ohio State - Michigan 1996
9:00 pm A Brady Hoke Thanksgiving
10:00 pm Toledo, OH - Ground Zero for "The Game"
11:00 pm Big Ten Network celebrities discuss the Game and it's impact on college football
12:00 midnight Thad Matta - John Beilein discuss how the game impacted their 2016 seasons
1:00 am Ohio State memorabilia online shopping
2:00 am Why the Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI, hires extra security for The Game.
3:00 am DOT the I
4:00 am Jim Tressel - Coach to University President
5:00 am Lloyd Carr - Following Legends is never Easy
6:00 am Wake Up with the Buckeyes
7:00 am Tour of The Big House
8:00 am Gerald Ford - Ann Arbor to the White House
9:00 am Tailgating in Ann Arbor
10:00 am Pre Game Discussion about OSU/UM
11:00 am Discussion about the rest of the Big 10 Conference
11:07 am Pre Game Discussion about OSU/UM
11:50 am The Big Ten Network picks the winner of OSU/UM
12:00 noon Test Pattern - The Game is on Fox

"The Game" was rescheduled to the Saturday after Thanksgiving to give the BTN folks a few days off around the holiday. They just crank up the files from last year's programming around Thanksgiving and it looks something like this:

Friday
3:00 pm Roundtable with B1G Coaches - who should win the Ohio State - Michigan Game in 2017
11:00 pm Big Ten Network celebrities discuss the Game and it's impact on college football
12:00 midnight Thad Matta - John Beilein discuss how the game impacted their 2016 seasons
2:00 am Why the Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI, hires extra security for The Game.

Very well done. I am so looking forward to a brady hoke Thanksgiving. :D

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Friday

Ahh shit Dibbs! I nearly fell out of my chair!

That one isn't too far off. The BTN program grid shows the following for 11/23 at 8:00PM: "Tiebreaker - Examining the memorable Ohio State-Michigan tie and the vote that changed college football forever."

I have no idea what year the tie occurred and I refuse to look it up. Apparently it's not as memorable as they like to think it is. Such an over-the-top description cracks me up.

Reactions: Cosmos

Nothing but puffery in action.

I honestly can't remember the last time I watch those clowns play against each other. Not last year, even though it had a huge bearing on PSU in the championship game. I'd rather have a root canal sans anesthetic. Sure I sometimes care about the outcome but as far as watching....fahgedaboudit.
A 3 loss OSU team limping into the championship game and then beating Wiscy would be hilarious. But then again a 4 loss, 4th place Michigan season might be even better. Who knows? Who really cares?

Last edited:
I honestly can't remember the last time I watch those clowns play against each other. Not last year, even though it had a huge bearing on PSU in the championship game. I'd rather have a root canal sans anesthetic. Sure I sometimes care about the outcome but as far as watching....fahgedaboudit.
A 3 loss OSU team limping into the championship game and then beating Wiscy would be hilarious. But then again a 4 loss, 4th place Michigan season might be even better. Who know? Who really cares?

Pitt over Miami
Minny over Wiscy
UMich over tOSU
‘Bama over Auburn
Stanford over ND
WVU over OU
GTech over Georgia

Sorta like “What’s a 1,000 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean?” A good start!

Then next week.....more carnage!

Last edited:

Just a sham they both can't lose

A 3 loss OSU team limping into the championship game and then beating Wiscy would be hilarious. But then again a 4 loss, 4th place Michigan season might be even better. Who know? Who really cares?
If Michigan wins, they'll say they are back and everyone will pencil them in for the playoffs next season.

Bring back Keith Jackson to announce the game.

"I've never seen a team with this many tools, and they do it with a casual assuredness."

"This has to go down as an all-time all-timer."

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Bring back Keith Jackson to announce the game.

"I've never seen a team with this many tools, and they do it with a casual assuredness."

"This has to go down as an all-time all-timer."

Some people mute the TV during football games because the announcers are dreadful. How about putting a blanket over the TV for um-Tosu and just listening to Keith Jackson? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT