ADVERTISEMENT

Can the B1G get two teams in the playoffs?

It’s not going to be a mess at all - the SEC improbably gets shut out in that case. All undefeated P5 champs are definitely in and you have to take a 1 loss champ Texas over a 1 loss Bama given head to head.
I don't believe for a second that the SEC will be left out
Texas vs Bama isn't only that they played months ago

I don't think so.
Well it won't be the SEC or Big Ten. If Texas wins out they are in. They would be conference Champs plus a win at Bama. Then it's either UW or Oregon. Either one would be more attractive that FSU even if they are undefeated. Who are you leaving out?

Well it won't be the SEC or Big Ten. If Texas wins out they are in. They would be conference Champs plus a win at Bama. Then it's either UW or Oregon. Either one would be more attractive that FSU even if they are undefeated. Who ate you leaving out?
I agree that Alabama, OSU, and Texas are better teams than FSU , especially w/o their qb, but will they leave out an undefeated P5 team?

The NCAA and CFP Committee deciding not to accelerate the 12-Team playoff to this year instead of waiting another pointless year is proving quite shortsighted.

Reactions: mcpat
TBH… I liked the old system. Even if it kept us from a national title in 1994. Just play bowl games because it’s really fun to go south to a warm climate at New Years and play someone you never otherwise play.

10-3 after Georgia beats them?
Enough to push them ahead of a 1-loss Ohio State
I still think Bama finds a way to win this but Bama losing is bad for Texas

Sure. 10-3 Bama is still a good win.

A 12-1 Texas conference champions definitely over a 1 loss OSU.

Texas just dealing with the reality of a 4 team invitational. They are now Florida and Louisville fans. BYU as well. That rematch looks better, but is probably irrelevant as they need teams to lose more than they need a win.

Sure. 10-3 Bama is still a good win.

A 12-1 Texas conference champions definitely over a 1 loss OSU.

Texas just dealing with the reality of a 4 team invitational. They are now Florida and Louisville fans. BYU as well. That rematch looks better, but is probably irrelevant as they need teams to lose more than they need a win.
So, we disagree. I think Ohio State 11-1 gets in over 12-1 Texas if Bama loses out and Texas plays OK State. They're currently 5 spots behind Ohio State--I don't think Ohio State will be lower than 5 after that loss. Maybe not even lower than 4.

It should be interesting to see what happens assuming there's some chaos.

That snap may have just killed Bama

Reactions: lazydave841
For the record, I just believe the committee believes Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State are significantly better than everyone else and will do what they can to have all 3 in but at least 2 get in.

So, we disagree. I think Ohio State 11-1 gets in over 12-1 Texas if Bama loses out and Texas plays OK State. They're currently 5 spots behind Ohio State--I don't think Ohio State will be lower than 5 after that loss. Maybe not even lower than 4.

It should be interesting to see what happens assuming there's some chaos.

That snap may have just killed Bama

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Man, Iron Bowl is always crazy. Slipped on fair catch. Wouldn't be shocked if Bama throws a miracle TD here.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Man, Iron Bowl is always crazy. Slipped on fair catch. Wouldn't be shocked if Bama throws a miracle TD here.
Rush only two people and see how that works out. Stupid as sh!t on auburn part

Possibly the worst choke job ever. Definitely an all-timer. Of course not catching a fair catch punt wasn't exactly glorious.

Fewest losses among P5 is the first criteria. After that, winning your conference > not winning a conference among teams with the same number of losses. The CFP committee has been remarkably consistent in this regard.

No way tOSU goes in over a 12-1 Texas. Maybe tOSU would be higher ranked in next week’s poll but the Longhorns would leap the Buckeyes by winning their CCG.

Makes zero sense - all you're doing is letting all of their receivers reach the endzone and give Milroe the choice of best Hail-Mary target (i.e., which one only has 1 defender near them....). Dumb - you want to force the QB to put it up before the receivers have a chance to get that far down field.

Reactions: GSPMax
S
Well it won't be the SEC or Big Ten. If Texas wins out they are in. They would be conference Champs plus a win at Bama. Then it's either UW or Oregon. Either one would be more attractive that FSU even if they are undefeated. Who are you leaving out?
And a win against bama still holds weight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT